SOC day 55: Dark Elves retreat from Lustria

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Naggaroth
Slave (off the Altar)

SOC day 55: Dark Elves retreat from Lustria

Post by Naggaroth »

The title says it all we are retreating. read the whole story at the Loremasters Journal on the SOC website:

http://stormofchaos.uk.games-workshop.c ... efault.htm

What will happen to us?????
The coarse heir
Warrior

Post by The coarse heir »

Well, you can't have thought that the druchii would have been allowed to ransack the entire Lustrian continent, did you? :D

It had to come sooner or later, and we did abscond with a few temple's worth of magical goodies.

I want to hear more about the untold story of forbidden love between an Annointed and a skink named Slipspithyl.

-TCH
Kencaid
Beastmaster

Post by Kencaid »

well, we are not totally retreating, there may still b a hope for us to get some seriously good magic items by the end of this campagin, but i can only hope we get a few more magic items, or even better a new unit, i no we wont get that, but wats wrong with hope :)
To LazzZZy
/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Post by /\\//\ »

I think Gav is wrong to post this kind of fluff. This is the sort of stuff that represents us losing which we are not. The campaign is still at 50/50 yet from the fluff it seems an obvious defeat.
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

Well that's just typical, it seems GW needs an ecxuse for the forces of good to gain more dispel dice because of the influences of the slann...

Really, I'm not surprised, I think the players only control 50% of the campaign at most.

"It's not going to well at Zundap for chaos eh?"
"What the heck, I'll just send 32 hellcannons to deal with them."

"Hmm, good's losing at Middenheim..."
"Oh well, I'll just let the druchii flee, that should give the slann time to concentrate on Middenheim."
Mtucache
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mtucache »

That's the problem with the way it turned out... Gav couldn't have done anything about it.

With any invasion, there must be a winner and a loser... either the invaders conquer and pillage everything, or they end up cutting bait and getting out of there while they still can. It's not like we were going to establish permanent outposts in Lustria or anything.

In fact, I'd wager that even if the campaign was 80/20 for the Druchii, that he'd still have posted this (just adding in that we got a lot of loot).... it has to end somehow, and he might as well start winding it down now instead of just abruptly chopping it off on the last day.

There had to be some reason for us leaving.... either we get massacred or we do the massacring, so I don't think he really had a choice. The only other option he had was to say we ransacked a bunch of temples and got what we were looking for (which would make the LZ look like losers.... which they're not).

I'm just happy to be out of this stinking jungle and back on the open sea.... the sooner I get back to our homeland the better. I never saw the point in following the CoP down there anyway... :roll:

Next on the agenda: Arnhelm... now there's a battle we can win!
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

OK this is not a retreat. Look at the map. The Lizardmen have cut off our suplly lines to the north. However the way out chosen by Morathi is on the WEST coast, that means to get there we have to GO THROUGH the Lizardmen.

Onwards to the Black Arks with the loot we have gained so far. We will carve a bloody path to the Black Arks and make the Lizards pay in the last few days of battle!!
Argetlam
Black Guard

Post by Argetlam »

Agree... c'mon guys we still have time
Mielkith
Assassin

Post by Mielkith »

which map is this. The only one I can see is the one on the Sub-Campaigns, and that dosn't seem to chaneg at all.
I do think it is best to leave a few days before the end of te campaign. I prefer it:
"Oh and by the way,Morathi got bored at some point so she dicided to leave Lustria" on the very last day.
Ragnarok
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Reading ancient books to learn, so I can bring the Apocolypse sooner.

Post by Ragnarok »

So they make us look bad, Oh well you get used to it(where is Shadowblade when you need him).
http://www.asur.org.uk/ulthuan/viewtopic.php?t=11002 Look at this and fight for Malekith.
Alcing ragaholic
Lord of Mod-Assassins

Post by Alcing ragaholic »

In Ulthuan, we hope.

Z
======================
<langmann> hah, I'll take florida over 10 feet of snow/day. My balls sweat and I'm cold and my back is sore from shoveling.

Join the DNet chatroom today!
Ragnarok
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ragnarok »

What is Malekith doing in Ulthuan anywhay.
http://www.asur.org.uk/ulthuan/viewtopic.php?t=11002 Look at this and fight for Malekith.
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

Killing High Elves I think...
Ragnarok
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ragnarok »

Then why dont we hear from it? Oh well who care's GW will make it look like we lost anywhay. NO wait I just had a vision of Khaine he says to me kill lizards we do have to go westward remember threw several Lizardmen cities, yes go to the west and kill lizards.
Bjarni
Noble

Post by Bjarni »

I think people misunderstood the whole campaign. This is a raiding mission, not a full-scale invasion and the SoC campaign only has a few days left in it. Of course Morathi is retreating from Lustria. I'd even call Gav's description a fairly accurate account of a Draw in such a campaign. Got some stuff, not as much as we wanted. They killed a bunch of our troops (and vice versa) and force us back in due time, but not without losses.

It does seem a bit early to post it, as it will discourage people from posting there but I fail to see its' unfairness. (But that only means more reports in the Southern and Western Causeways, hopefully)
Lord mordaine
Shade

Post by Lord mordaine »

Bjarni wrote:This is a raiding mission, not a full-scale invasion and the SoC campaign only has a few days left in it. Of course Morathi is retreating from Lustria. I'd even call Gav's description a fairly accurate account of a Draw in such a campaign.

I couldn´t agree more. I think that Gav made the right decision. I mean we got some of the magic items we wanted and now it is time for Morathi to retreat, she can´t fight the whole army of the lizard men. So none of us looks like "the loser", and their might still be more lizard men to kill on the way to the black arks.
Seraphyn
Noble

Post by Seraphyn »

everyone think about it this way:

morathi and here hordes of armies are march WESTWARD. this is where two of our GREATEST SHIPS are. where is Malekith at this moment? with malus and shadow blade slaugthering high elves. and what is WEST of Lustria? ULTHUAN! dont you think that morathi might be leavin so she can either:

1: with the black ark forces disrupt the HE from sailing home

or

2: bringing all of these armed men to help her son?
In my mind I envision a world without hate, malice, war. And then I see us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

Seraphyn wrote:everyone think about it this way:

morathi and here hordes of armies are march WESTWARD. this is where two of our GREATEST SHIPS are. where is Malekith at this moment? with malus and shadow blade slaugthering high elves. and what is WEST of Lustria? ULTHUAN! dont you think that morathi might be leavin so she can either:

1: with the black ark forces disrupt the HE from sailing home

or

2: bringing all of these armed men to help her son?

Yes! Of course! Briliant!

Apart from the fact that Ulthuan lies in the east, it's totally believable. Thanks for you illuminating vision!
Mornedhel
Cabal without a cause

Post by Mornedhel »

i think you were messing up east and west. west is on the left on maps. thus, west of lustria lies a large ocean. probably cathay and nippon.
It´s nice to be important, but it´s more important to be nice.
Sevwall
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Sevwall »

Think about it like this.

Middenhiem was meant to fall, therefor every victory for the defenders resulted in an ordered retreat.

The Druchi were never meant to stay (barring total victory which may have lead to a settlement of the slaaneshi faction), so in this draw you have an ordered retreat, which unfortately has been blocked from the north. So while you may not have done well enough to just waltz out the way you can in, you will still make it out just fine.

We on the otherhand are left with a few more ruined temples and the knowledge that we passed another test of the Old Ones, as they must have willed it.

Really I think you get the better end of the deal fluffwise, but as a raiding party it just makes sense. I think this is a result we can all be happy with.

Long live the Druchii, Long live the Lizardmen
------------------
Your Friendly Nieghboorhood Lizardman
Pariah mk.231
Noble
Location: The Eastern Steppe, assaulting the Great Bastion of Cathay ... well, Australia actually.

Post by Pariah mk.231 »

Ragnarok wrote:So they make us look bad, Oh well you get used to it(where is Shadowblade when you need him).

He's probably trying to kill me for being a renegade ...
Formerly Marlus Chi Kai

In all ov da 'ole Orky race, der ar too kindz ov ladz an' only too. Der'z da one stayin' put in 'is propa place, an' da one wiv 'is foot in da uvver one'z face.
- Gurgit Trollpuncha
Lord mordaine
Shade

Post by Lord mordaine »

Marlus Chi Kai wrote:
Ragnarok wrote:So they make us look bad, Oh well you get used to it(where is Shadowblade when you need him).

He's probably trying to kill me for being a renegade ...

He has more important people to kill than you. Besides Shadowblade doent tries to kill someone, he does kill them. So if he was after you you´d be dead.[/u]
Alkkrision
Daemon Prince

Post by Alkkrision »

Ragnarok wrote:What is Malekith doing in Ulthuan anywhay.

What Malekith does best, chew up a few High Elves with a nice big claw. It's his latest war against the High Elves, he's trying to take the throne back again, knowing our luck, he'll run off again and that leaves us with one less general, ie. Kouran. Ahh well.
Lordsaradain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lordsaradain »

I want to hear more about the untold story of forbidden love between an Annointed and a skink named Slipspithyl.

So do I!!!!!!
Click here to find out how to convert cooler and cheaper models!
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Manwe
Highborn

Post by Manwe »

Lord Alkkrision wrote:
Ragnarok wrote:What is Malekith doing in Ulthuan anywhay.

What Malekith does best, chew up a few High Elves with a nice big claw. It's his latest war against the High Elves, he's trying to take the throne back again, knowing our luck, he'll run off again and that leaves us with one less general, ie. Kouran. Ahh well.

Kouran is dead already... However we have more cool characters like rakarth who can all still die! Jeej we get so much out of attacking them HE pantsies... And they will just lose some of their"famed lords" who noone has ever heard off until they hear in that peace of fluff that they where really really "great".
Pirateering the #1 Dutch national hobby 1600-1700...

--------------
Group 24
Khaleth
WS: 4 S: 4 T: 4 D: 3 I: 3

Equipment: Long Sword, Spear, Shield, Light Armour and Wolfskin cloack. 145 Gold.

Skills: -