Day 58, It's Getting Urgent

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Alkkrision
Daemon Prince

Day 58, It's Getting Urgent

Post by Alkkrision »

Guys, we've reach Day 58 and the forces of Good have pushed us right back from Middenheim. We need as many evil victories as possible in the next couple of days, just pull as close as you can!!

If you can get to your local end times roadshow tomorrow, make sure you can go, try and pull some victories back there!! I'm going to try and pull a victory or two back in Liverpool tomorrow, if you're there, looking forward to seeing you and battling alongside you. We can still pull something back here!!
/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Post by /\\//\ »

You do realise evil has almost no chance of winning? It's harsh and I feel the attackers had a much harder campaign than they should have.
Alkkrision
Daemon Prince

Post by Alkkrision »

Yeah, I kinda realised that when any time we got close to pulling something back, the Empire suddenly got a new rule to help them or something, like that bloody song they got. We never got anything like that.

Anyway, it's been worked out so there's only an outside chance that GW will have to change the old world. What was supposed to happen after Chaos won (in my opinion) is already happening. Evil had better win on Games Day, and not just put up some poor effort just so Empire will win. Ahh well, I did what I wanted to do during the Storm thanks to my Black Dragon :twisted:.
Chrisvnv
Shade

Post by Chrisvnv »

i just don't get it!!!

chaos started with almost everything... more armies, super units, scenarios built for wins, what the f%^&*$# has happenned to them?
"Stand your ground this is what we are fighting for
For our spirit and laws and ways
Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war
For power and glory we shall not wait"

my gallery

http://www.druchii.net/album_personal.php?user_id=7622
Lordsaradain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lordsaradain »

sorry guys....GAME OVER
All is lost
victory to the defenders
Click here to find out how to convert cooler and cheaper models!
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Pharow99
Executioner

Post by Pharow99 »

What is a matter with you, you call yourselves Druchii... I shall never give up untill my lifeforce leaves my blackened heart! I will take out as many Asur and human skum as I can before the end! Till Death!
For the Glory of Slaanesh, our Lady Morithi, our King, and the Druchii nation!
Loyalty lies to our King only, not a 'god.' I say we should start an alliance of the CoP and the ToK. Once the Druchii unite we will be unstopable!
/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Post by /\\//\ »

chrisvnv wrote:i just don't get it!!!

chaos started with almost everything... more armies, super units, scenarios built for wins, what the f%^&*$# has happenned to them?

The defenders have more players and better organisation, the Orcs decided to help the defenders, COTEC (the main Chaos organisation) weren't sure whether we had to get all the arrows on the map to Middenheim or just one thus causing hesistation, division and alteration to plans. Finally as COTEC began to struggle and a lack of success became apparent peopl began to ignore them etc. They've had it much harder than they should have.
Lord Veshnakar
Highborn

Post by Lord Veshnakar »

I swear I wish GW would have designated sides.. it would have made the campaign a lot more fun and even..
"Do unto others before they do unto you."
Executionerofharganeth
Executioner

Post by Executionerofharganeth »

I think that we should have gotten something better, like mengils manflayers BEFORE the last week of play, a slanneshi cult, something better, i mean, hell, they get hellcannons and all this other crap why cant we have anything? We should have a magic sword or some stuff that we looted from Lustria, i think they put to much attention on middenheim and not working on making it even.
"We are the most civilised race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other."
Lord Vraneth the Cruel, Master of Har Ganeth
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

ExecutionerofHarGaneth wrote:I think that we should have gotten something better, like mengils manflayers BEFORE the last week of play, a slanneshi cult, something better, i mean, hell, they get hellcannons and all this other crap why cant we have anything? We should have a magic sword or some stuff that we looted from Lustria, i think they put to much attention on middenheim and not working on making it even.

Where have you been? On an excursion in the northern wastes? You do realize all the goodies we got for the SoC don't you?

Anyway...

Anyone here who actually expected a final complete victory for Chaos raise your right tentacle? It was never gonna happen. This way it appears that Chaos trounced a whole way into the Empire, killed a lot of things, while for the defenders they were able to hold Chaos back at the last moment.

Both sides tie, both get something. Everyone is happy. More people buy models.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Ryoko
Dark Rider
Location: Sitting at a resturant on the Upper East Side with Carrie, Meranda, Charlotte and Samantha

Post by Ryoko »

i think that even if evil was winning, they would have had skaven become allies. Dont know why i think this, but it makes sense because before the campane started the description for skaven was like, it is unknown wheter they will aid, or prevent chaos from destroying mankind. or something liek that...
"His tongue actually licked my teeth!"

"Ick, at that point I said, "get that thing out of my mouth, put your ass in a cab and get the hell out!"

~Sex and the City
Alkkrision
Daemon Prince

Post by Alkkrision »

All is not lost guys. I'm assuming this part of the campaign is to be done by us to decide what advantages good and evil get on Games Day, that is assuming the final battle is to be done there.
Chrisvnv
Shade

Post by Chrisvnv »

just as langmann says... more people buy models...

that is the spirit of games-workshop....

and /\\//\ thank you for your answer.... :D
"Stand your ground this is what we are fighting for
For our spirit and laws and ways
Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war
For power and glory we shall not wait"

my gallery

http://www.druchii.net/album_personal.php?user_id=7622
Teak
Slave on the Altar

Post by Teak »

", like that bloody song they got. We never got anything like that. ""

Are you blind? What about the Daemonic Instability Rule, or the -1 LD at certain battle locations.

And as for getting the manflayers earlier, Hello!!! WE got an brand new entire army list, including new units including the only t4 elf, and some kick ass Magic items, and as a bonus the magic items can be used in our normal list as well. What more do you want, automatic victory?

The defenders werent given any bias, the attackers at the beggining held al the aces and because of the half assed way that it went about things it got its but beat. I think the DE are the only evil side to have done good, to keep the Lizzies to a draw, in their homeland was excellant. Afterall while we may have had a more online presence, the Lizzies list is very suited to taking out our armies and many of the newb games would have gone thier way.
Alkkrision
Daemon Prince

Post by Alkkrision »

Teak, most of these really good upgrades we got were by winning warhammer roadshow events. The forces of the Empire got a song for the hell of it. Ok so we got new army lists and some kick ass magic, but you're neglecting the fact that they also got new army lists that excel in other things.

You need to consider the facts here, newbies may lose against experienced players, heck I lose against experienced players, there's going to be someone better than you out there, and you won't be able to beat them, it happens, but I've seen newbies stomp experienced players due to their army selection.

Now I'm not saying there's any bias, ok so I complained about the song, most people did, but then laughed it off as their friends sang it while they were deploying. Anyway, the whole point of this post was just to say that we haven't lost yet and we should redouble our efforts one final time.

Anyway, as for Liverpool, Empire won the first game easily, second game, Empire won, but we'd given those playing the third game a nice little advantage by tearing part of the wall down, hahaha.
Soteks chosen_
Warrior

Post by Soteks chosen_ »

You are right, there is no way you can acheive victory. (Both in Lustria and the Old World) May this teach you who is incharge, and dont think about coming back.

He he he, you will all make fine war trophies or prisoners of war. Maybe we Lizardmen can start that nasty slave tradition you guys have !

-The Scaly Skins
!lol! :twisted:
For the Light !
For the Old Ones !!
Lord mordaine
Shade

Post by Lord mordaine »

We wont achive victory in Lustria, but this was just a rading misson not a full scale war. We got some magic items and if we continue to post battles then we might get some good fluff, like how Morathi slaughtered every lizard that stod between her and the black arks.
Last edited by Lord mordaine on Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alkkrision
Daemon Prince

Post by Alkkrision »

Sounds likely Lord Mordaine, at least we've got one special character who had a successful mission, unlike someone we know *cough Archaon*.

Soteks, if we wanted a full-blown war against you, we would probably send the entire Druchii army after you. You guys have brought a deadlock against a tiny portion of Morathi's armies, now imagine if Malekith brought his forces to Lustria, it would be easy for us to break that deadlock, seeing as your entire army is too bothered holding Morathi up, then we wipe out the lizardmen, and rob off with all the magical items we want.

Besides, if you're not an elf, then you're a slave and/or sacrifice. Once our beastmasters get to Lustria, you'll be thinking twice about what you said :twisted:.
Johnny
Corsair

Post by Johnny »

Guys it's not about who won or lost its about the fact that we all came together, had a few good games and had some fun....watching archaon get spanked. :P
Alkkrision
Daemon Prince

Post by Alkkrision »

Ahh johnny, nice to see a good sport in all of this, besides, we were only in it for the magic items, and to see the Empire destroyed. It just shows us that we were right to release the forces of chaos in the first place ;).
Soteks chosen_
Warrior

Post by Soteks chosen_ »

Your welcome to try again and attack with everything you have, and then the Slann will really wake up.
For the Light !
For the Old Ones !!
Executionerofharganeth
Executioner

Post by Executionerofharganeth »

yea, attack the froggies and they will get barbequed!
"We are the most civilised race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other."
Lord Vraneth the Cruel, Master of Har Ganeth
Sevwall
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Sevwall »

Wow, I can't belive a single Attacker would complain. The seige itself was completely stacked in your favor. The defenders have to defend all of the sections, while all the attackers needed to do was break into the temple from one of many directions. With a little coordination and strategy you could have kept the defenders off balance and losing ground. Their wins are forcefully dilutedm while yours could be surgically placed for maximum effect.
------------------
Your Friendly Nieghboorhood Lizardman
Khemor
Slave on the Altar

Post by Khemor »

I've just gotten a great idea, let's leave archaon and middenheim to their fates and gather lots and lots of slaves now the old world is in chaos, there will be none to stop us. :twisted:

I can't help i'm like this, it's in my nature to be a backstabber! :P
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Post by Valtor the tainted »

chrisvnv wrote:i just don't get it!!!

we actually still coudl win because we won more events than the defenders did
Perversions of Pain sweep through your mind