Day 58, It's Getting Urgent

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Lord mordaine
Shade

Post by Lord mordaine »

Well.... its nice to see someone who doesnt give up hope so easily :). But if and I say if chaos should win it would be a minor victory. And chaos hasnt and probobly wont get anything from this. So everything has been in vain... for them.
Alkkrision
Daemon Prince

Post by Alkkrision »

Plus we've significantly weakened the Empire, nothing stopping Malekith leaving Ulthan alone for a bit and sending the entire Naggarothian army at them :twisted:.
Assasin of doom
Warrior

Post by Assasin of doom »

To be honest, from the first day of SOC, I already sorta knew that Chaos cant win. Because if they do then 'Empire' will be gone and all their models become rubbish. And It will end like on the 61st day, Valten comes out and challenge arachon then Valten will get killed. and then becuz hes the champion of sigmar he revives and become uber and arachon will run away and the whole Chaos army will scatter. And good guys win.

And to be honest again, I think SoC is kinda rigged anyways, becuz if empire fall then the whole Old world will be screwed. So they wont die and beat Chaos once and again.

Anyways, dont bother bout arachon, hes just a dumbass. Lets concentrate on our Subcampaign so we can maybe loot more goodies!
Nekroskop
Highborn

Post by Nekroskop »

OK, just my 2 cents.

If GW had rigged the Campaign, they wouldn't have done it so blunderously obvious. Come 13.000 wins more for the defenders? This has to be true, because no Gamesmaster in his right mind would leave it like that - it kills all suspension.

To the events and advantages - I think it was pretty balanced. Some of the scenarios were shitty, the song was just a nice joke, the events were ok from what I've seen.

Gav tried to bring back some suspense with the siege and yes, it was stacked in favor of the attackers. But this was at a time where it was clear tat there were a load more defenders than attackers, so he had to do something to keep it interesting.

And in the end, the COTEC was not able to use this advantages, so what? Evil won Eye of Terror, now good wins Storm of Chaos.

I hope they write some nice fluff about how the Chaos armies are severely beaten, some of the Lieutenants of Archie bite it and he has to go back to the Chaos Realms for a looooong time. I am afraid we will see Be'lakor banished back to the nether as well, as I don't see Chaos having a foothold in the Old World anywhere. Fair and square, I say.

Had evil won, some Elector Counts would have gone down, and I don't think Volkmar would have broken free if it had gone better for Evil.

I am anxiously waiting for Gavs end fluff, because I think he did some very nice pieces in his warmasters journal.
I waste him with my boltthrower!
Lord damion
Dark Rider

Post by Lord damion »

khemor wrote:I've just gotten a great idea, let's leave archaon and middenheim to their fates and gather lots and lots of slaves now the old world is in chaos, there will be none to stop us. :twisted:

I can't help i'm like this, it's in my nature to be a backstabber! :P
which naturally should be encouraged...
The son of Slaneesh....
Savonarola
Highborn

Post by Savonarola »

Well definitely I have contributed to it all as I suffered a major loss against a bretonnian errantry list. In a way it is fruitful that the "good" and filthy humans won as there is still lots of targets remaining for the next campaign.
We hate what you hate. And we hate you. With eternal hatred!
Alkkrision
Daemon Prince

Post by Alkkrision »

Well guys, please remember it's our part that's over. Vaulten's army still hasn't arrived, so we could possibly be left in suspence until games day at the end of the week when Archaon's forces and Vaulten's forces meet up and have their final battle, and what we've done will determine advantages and disadvantages for either side. Well, we'll see anyway.