Garagrim died?

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Argetlam
Black Guard

Garagrim died?

Post by Argetlam »

I tought GW wouldn't kill one of their special characters at least that's what I heard.. I dunno maybe the story will be continued.
Vorthain
Noble

Post by Vorthain »

I don't think there is too much of a continuation after being crushed by a giant.
a dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

what's the problem with being crushed by a giant? they have soft bellies you know :) it's just few days/weeks to hack through it :)
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Executionerofharganeth
Executioner

Post by Executionerofharganeth »

Dalamar wrote:what's the problem with being crushed by a giant? they have soft bellies you know :) it's just few days/weeks to hack through it :)

:P you have to get up that high to hack through it
"We are the most civilised race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other."
Lord Vraneth the Cruel, Master of Har Ganeth
Ellathain
Corsair

Post by Ellathain »

Well to bad Garagrim died.
*moment of silence*
He was the first and last......cool dwarf
*hides*
Manwe
Highborn

Post by Manwe »

No he wasn't all ironbreakers are cool!

A pity tough... I guess it was necessary fluffwise...
Either He or his father had to die to end the oath.
His death was the end of an empire....
Pirateering the #1 Dutch national hobby 1600-1700...

--------------
Group 24
Khaleth
WS: 4 S: 4 T: 4 D: 3 I: 3

Equipment: Long Sword, Spear, Shield, Light Armour and Wolfskin cloack. 145 Gold.

Skills: -
Lorre
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Lorre »

Owh my god I've must have missed something I didn't know that Garagrim died, can somebody tell me how 'cause there will some grudges to settle (sorry I play Dwarfs). Bugman for the one who can tell me how he died en where the hell I can find the scumbag who did it?
The purpose of War is not to die for your country, but to make sure the other bastard does.
Mornedhel
Cabal without a cause

Post by Mornedhel »

people, remember, he WANTED to die, so there´s no reason at all to be sad about it, not even for dwarf players. now his father can concentrate on being king, and doesn´t have to go get himself killed anymore. always look at the bright side!
It´s nice to be important, but it´s more important to be nice.
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

and doesn´t have to go get himself killed anymore

Right, now he just have to get himself not killed....I wonder if he could explain that to any Orc or Marauder?
Lorre
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Lorre »

Mornedhel wrote:people, remember, he WANTED to die, so there´s no reason at all to be sad about it, not even for dwarf players. now his father can concentrate on being king, and doesn´t have to go get himself killed anymore. always look at the bright side!

Right you are m8, but still this is a great loss for the Dwarven community and a great reason to make an other grudge :twisted:
The purpose of War is not to die for your country, but to make sure the other bastard does.
Mornedhel
Cabal without a cause

Post by Mornedhel »

well, normally i would agree, but he was killed by a dead giant falling on him. now, who´s gonna be the target of that grudge? the dead giant? :D oh, lets simply put up the grudge against all giants, right? :D :D
Lorre
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Lorre »

Mornedhel wrote:well, normally i would agree, but he was killed by a dead giant falling on him. now, who´s gonna be the target of that grudge? the dead giant? :D oh, lets simply put up the grudge against all giants, right? :D :D

Damn you've got us figured out :lol: . Well that's why I asked how he died, I'mtrying to follow the whole SoC thing but kinda hard when you're working all the time....
Mielkith
Assassin

Post by Mielkith »

He's had rules and a model for barely 2 monthes? Perhaps he just wasn't selling?

No one said the giant was dead, he just lost one of his heads and fell over. Chances are he was mobbed by a hundred dwarves when he was on the ground, who knows?

"numerous tests have now proven that he is, assuredly, dead"
I think that settles weather Garagrim can hack his way out.
Lorre
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Lorre »

Mielkith wrote:
No one said the giant was dead, he just lost one of his heads and fell over. Chances are he was mobbed by a hundred dwarves when he was on the ground, who knows?

Off course he was mobbed by hundred Dwarfs when he's on the ground 'cause this is the only way we can get our axes above his anckles :lol:
Executionerofharganeth
Executioner

LOL, they will have to build a dwarf ladder and put snorri on the top, and just get into a fist fight with him :P
"We are the most civilised race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other."
Bemenacth
Beastmaster

Post by Bemenacth »

I tought GW wouldn't kill one of their special characters

They've done it before. They killed off Cypher or someone like that in the armaggedon campaign.
Mornedhel
Cabal without a cause

Post by Mornedhel »

and they killed kouran without a campaign. now if we were dwarves, gw ´d have a problem, what with those grudges and all that stuff...
Executionerofharganeth
Executioner

yea, they have to write a whole lot more for dwarfs when giants are used. kinda sad actually
Vorthain
Noble

Post by Vorthain »

Bemenacth: Cypher's not dead. He was a major incendiary in the Eye of Terror campaign.

A dwarf ladder would be cool. I mean, they've invented a submarine, so I don't think a ladder would be a huge test of engineering. Or stilts! That would be interesting...
a dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Post by Valtor the tainted »

Lorre wrote:
Mornedhel wrote:well, normally i would agree, but he was killed by a dead giant falling on him. now, who´s gonna be the target of that grudge? the dead giant? :D oh, lets simply put up the grudge against all giants, right? :D :D

Damn you've got us figured out :lol: . Well that's why I asked how he died, I'mtrying to follow the whole SoC thing but kinda hard when you're working all the time....

ya but it was a 3 headed giant so it was prolly a chaos one so hold a grudge agaisnt them i think you are all missing sumthin because his father hasnt been informed of his death because he is still fighting crom si because attackers won more events they could have ungrim killed too :twisted:
Perversions of Pain sweep through your mind
Mielkith
Assassin

Post by Mielkith »

I had been thinking of this. It could be very tragic indeed. You can imagine on his death bed when the messanger arrived. They would probably have to sensor the following conversation.

If Garagrim did indeed kill the giant, then he was killed by something that is already dead. Hardly the spectacular death he was looking for.
Pariah mk.231
Noble
Location: The Eastern Steppe, assaulting the Great Bastion of Cathay ... well, Australia actually.

Post by Pariah mk.231 »

He died fighting something dangerous .... well, I consider a dead falling giant more dangerous then a living one at any rate.
And his death wasnt the end of an empire, it just means that Ungrim is no longer the slayer king, just a king. It's not like he's gonna say "Right, no more slayers in my city!".

@ Bemenacth, I think its Brother Captain Typho you're thinking about, he was killed in Armageddon, not Cypher. Technically, Cypher cant die, he's being kept alive by some mystical force that teleports him away from danger an instant befor a blow that would kill him could strike.

They also killed off Eldrad in EoT. I hope they kill off another character, like Boris Todbringer. Khazrak needs to kill him in a one on one match up, to settle their old scores. But this aint going to happen because GW said that 1 character would die, not 2, just 1, and that character has already bought the farm.
Formerly Marlus Chi Kai

In all ov da 'ole Orky race, der ar too kindz ov ladz an' only too. Der'z da one stayin' put in 'is propa place, an' da one wiv 'is foot in da uvver one'z face.
- Gurgit Trollpuncha
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Post by Valtor the tainted »

Marlus Chi Kai wrote:
They also killed off Eldrad in EoT. I hope they kill off another character, like Boris Todbringer. Khazrak needs to kill him in a one on one match up, to settle their old scores. But this aint going to happen because GW said that 1 character would die, not 2, just 1, and that character has already bought the farm.
really i count 2 there is Garagrim aND Melekh Archeaons leutinant
Perversions of Pain sweep through your mind
Alkkrision
Daemon Prince

Post by Alkkrision »

Kill off Teclis, he cost us our crucial magic phase at the Liverpool End Times Roadshow.
Jhaelrnya
Highborn

Post by Jhaelrnya »

Wow. I think I missed something. Can someone tell me where to find this fluff? Or was it in WD? becasue I havent seen it in WD and I have Subscription...
Rork wrote:Because you are bound to turn up to battle dressed as a Christmas tree. I don't like people who condone the trade in Fir.

I'm back! But so very tired...