Storm Of Chaos Aftermath - Info for Gav

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Dekhalan
Highborn

Storm Of Chaos Aftermath - Info for Gav

Post by Dekhalan »

As you may be aware, Gav is asking for a little information on your generals and armies who fought in the SoC campaign. This post can be found on the General Board on the Storm of Chaos website. I ask as many of you as possible to write in about how many temples you looted and how many slaves you took!

Also, post your information here, so we can all read what each other have been up to during the campaign :D
...And so it came to pass that the foul elf known as DEKHALAN CHILLWIND invaded our fair shores. This fiend began a campaign of killings, rapings, lootings, enslavings and burnings, sparing neither age nor sex...
Chronicle of Walter of Lyonesse
Dekhalan
Highborn

Post by Dekhalan »

I'lll start us off...

Even before the the forces of Chaos retreated before the vast citidel of Middenheim, the Black Arks set sail for Naggaroth. Sitting in his luxurious quarters, Lord Dekhalan Chillwind began to work out how many of the hundreds of enslaved warriors from the conflict he needed to work on his estates and how many he could sell for great profits.

Rarely did the chance to seize such a mixture of races present itself - Dwarves for the forges and mines of House Chillwind. Soft, southern men and the crazed barbarians of the north would call a truce as they laboured in the fields until their worthless lives were utterly spent. Then there was the greatest prize of all - twenty-one Asur, captured as they defended an old mans farmhouse, disgracing the entire Elven race by collaberating with such filth! Well, Dekhalan smiled, twenty sacrifices would mean twenty years good fortune for his house. As for the final, female Asur...he had such plans for her.

Oh yes, Dekhalan thought, it has been a very good war indeed.
...And so it came to pass that the foul elf known as DEKHALAN CHILLWIND invaded our fair shores. This fiend began a campaign of killings, rapings, lootings, enslavings and burnings, sparing neither age nor sex...
Fireblade
Warrior

Post by Fireblade »

On what forum do you have to post it? General discussion? Battle reports?
I hope the druchii don't think they can stand a chance against the combined power of the high elf provinces.
Heh
Noble
Location: TRYING to finish painting all the minis that I have....

Post by Heh »

Valkith Vae, highborn of Naggarond, looked out to the sea from the deck of his Black Ark, The Talon of Eternal Vengeance.

He sneered as he thought of the failings of this so-called Lord of End Times, Archeon. Middenheim still stands, almost intact in fact.

“This war has been an utter waste of time,” Valkith thought, wondering if he has taken the wrong side.

But, this little excursion has been most profitable for the Druchii lord. The Black Ark is now laden with slaves and loot taken from the human lands. And most importantly, some of his troops have gained much military experience from the raiding.

“House Vae grows stronger with each passing year,” he thought. But yet the re-appearance of the Cult of Slaanesh within Naggoroth worries the highborn.

A change in power bases could seriously hurt House Vae’s interests as House Vae has been traditionally a pious and fanatical supporter of the Temple of Khaine.

Valkith brushed aside such thoughts and silently cursed himself for having such weak thoughts. “No,” he thought. “House Vae will not fall, for House Vae is strong and will not falter in its duty and faith in Khaine.”

The weak shall fall and the strong shall prevail….

Any comments or criticism is welcomed.... ;)
Heh
Noble
Location: TRYING to finish painting all the minis that I have....

Post by Heh »

sorry for double-posting. my com sorta hang and i juz kept clicking the submit button.... :oops:

anyway, i juz deleted the post....
Last edited by Heh on Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lord meaglin
Highborn

Post by Lord meaglin »

lord meaglin wasmost sucessful in defeating the lizardmen it was the dence terrain that proved to be a problem. he and his men cut down the armys of his foe kor a ruthless old blood and many times kor escaped returning with army after army it was the final battle for kor at the small temple city of telpiki were meaglin cut down this irratating foe but his army was a lot harder than the others endless ranks of saurus slayed and were slayed over seen by the dueling mages sarathi a powerful sorceress and an skink priest of some power but to no victory was the pathetic skink holding out for and with a brillient bolt of pure evil sarath ripped the skinks soul from him at the sight of this the skinks ran from the battle but still the saurus stood strong a few spells later sarath had called upon the blck horror of arnizipal and broke the will of the saurus making them scatter and run while meaglin recovered the artifacts and treasures sarath amused herself by picking of the fleeing lizards the elves had suffered many losses that battle and so with there treasure set off back to naggagoth
hullo wat yar du in ahrrr
Ragnarok
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Reading ancient books to learn, so I can bring the Apocolypse sooner.

Post by Ragnarok »

I doubt gav would look for your armies here if he aked you to post them at the storm of chaos board.
http://www.asur.org.uk/ulthuan/viewtopic.php?t=11002 Look at this and fight for Malekith.
Nekroskop
Highborn

Post by Nekroskop »

Departure from Lustria

Cries of Agony and the crack of whips resounded throughout the corridors of the Black Arks. Seeth'la D'ceit was not amused. This whole foray into the lands of the Lizards had proved a lot less amusing than she had planned.
She had lost fully half of her Brides and nearly two thirds of her Warriors, not to count the innumerable Slaves from the Hung Tribes she had brought.
At least these stinking mon'keigh were not crowding the holds of the ark anymore. She had left them in the jungle after they couldn't keep up with the rest of her host when they withdrew from those lizard-infested jungles.
And to what avail? A few magical trinkets here and there, a pack of untamed Cold Ones to be broken by her beastmasters back in Ghrond, and a few dozen Skink Skins to adorn the temples.
But it was all the fault of that strange “ally” Morathi had send her, only known as the Icon. It was fully a head taller than even the tallest of her warriors, her face hidden behind a golden mask that seemed to be fused to her face. She was a constant inspiration to all of the believ-ers, a reminder of the powers Lord Slaanesh could bestow upon one if you were strong enough in your belief.
Her speed was unbelievable – Seeth’la had seen her snatch an assassins blade out of the air without looking, dismembering the Khainite fanatic with the massive Halberd she was wielding one handed like a child’s toy, without even missing a stride.
Yet she was completely unpredictable, and though Seeth’la had seen her strike down ar-moured Knights like wheat on a field, the next moment she seemed to fall into a dreamlike state, almost forgetting the battle. More than once, that had cost her a crucial battle, but she had dared not approach the Icon on those accounts, lest she fall into disgrace with the Anointed One and her mistress, Lady Morathi.
While she was pondering these thoughts, she felt a light touch on her shoulders. As she tried to spin around, she realized it were the hand sof the Icon, light like feathers yet strong as a steel vice, holding her.
Suddenly, the overwhelming need to please the millennia old creature ripped through her body, waves of Ecstasy filling her from inside.
“You are still afraid of me, aren’t you?” The voice of the Anointed One caressed her.
“And you still worry about this episode, these opportunities missed. Don’t you see that there is only one goal? Everything you are fighting for here, all those deaths, all those experiences. They just bring you closer to enlightenment. This is not over, my dear. It has only just be-gun…”
I waste him with my boltthrower!
Dekhalan
Highborn

Post by Dekhalan »

Ragnarok wrote:I doubt gav would look for your armies here if he aked you to post them at the storm of chaos board.

To clear up, you need to post them on the thread in the General Discussion board at the Storm of Chaos site. We are only posting them here as well to hear about each others exploits.
Cyberaggie
Dark Rider

Post by Cyberaggie »

Umm....I'd post mine, but I didn't use my Dark Elves for the Campaign. I used my DoW instead. Hey, but I......

*trails off as a draich blade seperates his head from his shoulders*

:|
Malekith
Beastmaster
Location: Naggarond,casting the InDesign spell and hunting down "The Deck of 52"

Post by Malekith »

So my story or rather two stories or... well check it yourself...

The Druchii host of Naggarond

After marching through lands that lay between Naggaroth and Lustria and sacking the Asur colony of Arnhein the massive Druchii army of Lord Va'ttgh'ern and Lady Av'enal entered the realm of walking lizards.

First encounters were brief and the weak hordes of foul Lizardmen were quickly repelled by the might of Dragonlord Va'ttgh'ern, Hydra fire and daemons summoned by Lady Av'enal. Thus fell the armies led by old filthy and bloated frog like Slaans Thupatec, Venerable Xathupalec and Saurus hordes of Oldblood Zunt'ap.

Swiftly moving forward and closing on the Temple City of Tlanxla the Druchii host caught the foul defenders unprepared thus slaying all but few defenders of the temple.

After sacking the city the Slaanesh followers drove south to meet the armies defending Quetza while the Khaine worshippers cut their way to the treasures burried beneath the great temple in Tlaxtlan. There the old Slann Quetzacol was slain and the riches the Dragonlord gathered were immesurable.

Meanwhile the slaughter between Slaan Mage Soxetulec army of the South and the host of Lady Av'enal Blackheart was fierce. Though assaulted from all sides the Cultists broke the foul slim stinking lizards and reached the great city of Quetza. There fell the Noble Drukhadan but Soxetulec has been finally defeated. The spawning pools were poisoned the temple itself sacked and many of the secrets kept in the temple revealed.

When the news of the subservient Marauder host landing on the western coast reached Lady Av'enal she moved her forces westwards. After long and hard march through the mountains she met with the marauder host and began the last siege of this campaign - the bloody siege of Xhotl which ended with both sides unable to to deal the killing blow. Now it was time to sail westward to the distant land of Cathay where new riches and spoils lay.

Dragonlord Va'ttgh'ern moved his forces in sift outflankig manoeuvre and looted the ruins of Xahutec. After bitter fight that followed the Druchii army marched eastwerds where they meet the Black Arks Ruinous Fortress, Deathbringer and Ushuv'rath. Now the forces of the Dragonlord were able to return home.
Malekith

Ever wondered how to make outstanding photos of your army?
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=32178

Mielkith
Assassin

Post by Mielkith »

I had very few games in Lustria, due to a lack of opponents, instead I spent most of my time a Chaos Enslaver. Mielkith was the Lustrian general, so Kethlis Spinebrood was my main general. I also played the Cult of Ulric with Lucious Farrel playing general, but this is Druchii.

Kethlis Spinebrood
Kethlis stood on deck, staring out towards the shore. The siege of Middenheim was almost over, the forces of Chaos will be divided. He was certain many would head for the sea.

It has been a profitable campaign on his part. The holding cells was crowded with tribesmen. There spirits broken by his slavers, they could do nothing by gaze mornfully around there dank prisons. Marauders made excellent slaves. Too dim to escape, and strong enough for the most extreme labours.

His attention was caught by a spark on the beach, soon followed by a flame. He could make out atleast ten men around there fire. There was no need for commands. He merely pointed in the fires direction and the Slaver began to move effortlessy towards them.

The ensuing battle was short lived. Kethlis and his crew surrounded them, bludgeoning any who resisted with sword pommels, using there blades in only the most desperate of cases. Those that slipped through there lines were brought down with crossbow bolts.

The fire was extinguished, all signs of s struggle erased and the slaver slipped away into the night, ready for the next unfortunate victims. They would stay here for another night before heading back to Naggaroth, soon to be very rich Elves indeed.
Aldreth
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Aldreth »

The hell of Middenheim

The forces of chaos roared in joy as the south gate of Middenheim burst into flame and dust. It was the only success in a beleaguering that had come to naught everywhere else. But the defenders were not unprepared. A host of High Elves charged through the broken archway. Zatharel watched her troops fighting from afar, for it were not Archaon’s men who had broken the gate.
Although her host of Druchii had fought on both sides in this war, the campaign of the End Times’ Lord would probably have been stuck much earlier without her aid.

She smiled as she watched her troops. The High Elves had already lost the initiative and were driven relentlessly back towards the gates.
The shouting and crying from the defiled ones around the city filled the air.
Suddenly she was aware of a black rider racing towards her. The soldier rose his hand and presented her the cut off head of an Asur. Zatharel smiled. She recognized the High Elf as Ilhandir. He had been a general of the Asur’s landing forces. Aldreth, her first assassin, had accomplished his job and with that kill she had fulfilled her mission. She didn’t care for the fate of Middenheim. Indeed a victory of the Dark Lord was not what she wished. She wanted the Empire to be weakened but not destroyed. It was a barrier between her colony on Sartosa which she had founded three years ago and the forces of chaos.
Without hesitating any longer she commanded her cadet to give out the sign of retreat.

Her host reached the Middenmountains three hours later. Zatharel looked down towards the hell of Middenheim one last time. The defenders hadn’t pursued her men because they knew that there were only few days left until the forces of Karl Franz would arrive. Taking any risks now would be a waste of lives.
Zatharel saw that they had managed to bar the destroyed gate. Archaon’s horde hadn’t been able to take advantage of her success. Then her gaze fell on the Lord of End Times whom she could see from afar. She felt sorry for him. He was a miserable creature. Driven by an undying hatred and supernatural strength he had marshalled the greatest army that the world had ever seen. But he wasn’t an apt leader. His senses of strategy might had been enough to beat down other tribes but they were inferior to those of the Empire’s commanders by far. Suddenly she felt that he looked at her direction. She had betrayed him in the very last moment when he could have thought of victory. She knew it and she didn’t care. With a last amused smile she turned away from him. She had to reach the black ark which would bring her home.
Pariah mk.231
Noble
Location: The Eastern Steppe, assaulting the Great Bastion of Cathay ... well, Australia actually.

Post by Pariah mk.231 »

Marlus Chi Kai, the renegade Druchii.

I am proud to report that Marlus and his Druchii have not been dislodged by Settra's armies and still hold their citidal in the Badlands.

Fighting was fierce and Marlus was forced to suspend his raiding trips to Bretonnia and Tilia while the threat was imminent. Marlus himself used Rii'var, his dark pegasus to hunt down the priests that kept the undead fighting, killing each in turn in his own way that he perfected while duelling with the knights of bretonnia.
The corsairs were quite adept at defending the walls of the city in the close combat that was needed to hold back the legions of undead.
Arrissa and Mar'lear held the incantations of the undead priests at bay, while Hellkiss and his cold one knights sallied forth to destroy the undead in the open. The knights were followed closely by the witch elves who had been perverted to the worship of Khorne, led by Kathinar and Lilith.
Draco, Aryll and Kar'reath directed the troops on the wall in their struggle, and Darthil held the gate with the warriors of khorne that had joined Marlus' force recently.
Although many lives were lost, including one of Marlus' twin daughters, Kathinar, there was no serious damage that could not be undone in time.

The city of Cheth’raughast still stands west of the Marshes of Madness as it has done for 200 years, defiant against not only the orcs and tomb kings, but against the armies of Malekith also.

Ok, so it wasnt much, but I just wanted to keep it short and simple this time.
Formerly Marlus Chi Kai

In all ov da 'ole Orky race, der ar too kindz ov ladz an' only too. Der'z da one stayin' put in 'is propa place, an' da one wiv 'is foot in da uvver one'z face.
- Gurgit Trollpuncha
Frogboy
Corsair

Post by Frogboy »

Just for your all info: I see a lot of people (mostly those who name their general in the same way as their forum name). Who generate a story of how well their army has done in the campaign.

NO WAY GW will use that kind of stuff.

Just my small advice, people who just like to tell stories of their greatness tell stories that will not be told by anyone. You must tell stories of how hard it has been, for instance:

- First of all they will use storie's that reflect more of the balance of the campaign. A story about how easy your general and army defeated the lizardman wil NOT be used by Gav, unless I am wrong they want a bit more realism, and realism is that in warhammer the campaign was a close draw.

- The jungle is like a true hell for most druchii, it is hot damped, lots of bugs, and other creature's that could make any human or elf sick (ahtough immune to most dissease's it doesn't grant immunity for toxics that alter someone's state of mind.

- Every little pond/peace of jungle can be a place of ambush from the lizardmen, you cannot see for more then a few feet through the jungle, if a kroxigor would charge out it would be killed, but it would kill haf a regiment first. Poisoned darts can be expected when you least expect it.

- Your opponent will always be well prepared as they have more scouts in (and above the jungle) then you have elves in your army.

- Druchii don't have any troops that can fight of saurus in close combat without taking huge casualties. Nor will it be easy to simple shoot some skinks in the jungle terrain.

- any leader (with exception of goblins) of a race will be a worthy (or atleast close to) opponent for your own champion. You might beat him, but it will not be easy, remember saurus warriors have usually been fighting more then most druchii live, a old blood is over a few thousand years old and knows nothing but thousands of years of war, so expect him to be damned good at it and not a easy push over. A older slann is the closest to god in magic and should not be told as if your where killing a old cripled man.

- The lizards are not likely to be running, nor is it in their way to go for a cowards defence. They will not sacrife their live's like skaven or goblins but they do not fear death and will do whatever it takes to win the battle, and are more likely to try and counter attack then to be pushed back.

- Their is no moment in the campaign where the druchii where all powerfull over the lizards, so don't make it look like it was a walk in the park (although if your opponents where weak it might have been all victory for you, especially then give your opponent some credit for still fighting you even if you win them all, he has put up a fight, honor him for that)

- GW love's the death of a general followed by the rise in power of a new leader, it show's the natural flow of the war. Leaders will die (although by backstabbing or the enemy or both), new leaders wil come and inspire to even more heroic stories. How will the army respond to this new leader ship, how will he earn their respect.

- fighting against the odds is good, but then don't make it sound like they won without a problem. If you fight against the odd's you either put up a great fight and all die (except maybe a few, or you try for a escape (the most logical solution). He who choses to run away live's to plunder another day.

These are just some small tips. I am sure their is some writing talent between you druchii. But it needs more drama and feel. Nobody wants to read a story of a general who leads his army to lustria and fight their battle's without getting their clothes dirty. BLOOD, DIRT, DEATH. That is what they want :twisted:

Enough bullshiz from me, now post some good shiz this time !lol!
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

frogboy wrote:Just for your all info: I see a lot of people (mostly those who name their general in the same way as their forum name). Who generate a story of how well their army has done in the campaign.

How do you know what Gav wants? I noticed your name is frogboy, not Gav T... :roll:

Please stop trying to start flamewars.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

frogboy wrote:Just for your all info: I see a lot of people (mostly those who name their general in the same way as their forum name). Who generate a story of how well their army has done in the campaign.

Chances are GW are just going to mention various names, "the armies of x and y marched on point A" etc. I don't think it's going to be particularly important...

Needless to say the Supreme Lord Rork is coming to a Land of Chill near you soon (when I stop ending up in the Chat until early in the morning! :D)

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Frogboy
Corsair

Post by Frogboy »

langmann wrote:How do you know what Gav wants? I noticed your name is frogboy, not Gav T... :roll:

Please stop trying to start flamewars.

First of all, I don't want flame wars. If trying to help other people is wrong, then I don't know what is right. I am not doing this to insult people, I just give my opinion about things, based on my experiences as a gamer, talking to people from GW.

As I said, there are enought of them that show good style of how they bring the words and so, but miss the drama IMHO.

So Answer me this: "What do you rather read, a story about someone who thinks he is the new god and tells his story that way, or a story about someone working their way up, fighting for survival and glory.

What ever you chose it is fine by me, because everybody can have it's own opinion, I chose for the second option. But I honestly was just trying to help the people into some advice of how they can make the story's better and more fun to read.

But then again, I don't know if you have read all my points of advice and tried to understand what I was saying, or just thoughed: "who the f*ck is this guy telling me what to do". If you have gone for the first option, then I somewhere failed into saying what I was trying to say, If you have gone for the second option, which I have the feeling you did, then the problem might not be me......

I admit, the remark no way GW will use that stuff might sound a bit harder then it was intended, they will offcourse read it but It will not give them much to use in the stories, and that is what I was trying to say with it. I am not good in writing story's because my grammer suck, english isn't my native language.

Greetz Frogboy, who was just trying to help and is happy his name is not Gav T, because Gav has way to much work on his hands making a good end story of the campaign :D
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

ok please keep such things away from the thread at hand people, we aint here to discuss HOW people should write. that is for another topic ok?