Cult of Tzeentch?

Where the great threads of Druchii.net are kept

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Enthardon
Highborn

Post by Enthardon »

Yeah Drasanil is right, you'd think Tzeentch could easily take root on Ulthuan, given we have a special rule called Intrigue at the Court ;). Slaanesh infested thousands of years ago, so it doesn't seem that inplausable. Good theory man.
Burn Naggaroth

Enthardon the Aesenar
Loremaster of Ulthuan.org

Enthardon - Part of official GW fluff
Drasanil
Dru Perim

Post by Drasanil »

Thanks but I never used intrigue(i think that rule is stupid so I generaly let my opponents ignore it) as the base of it though that was danceman, used him posing as Hoeth and slowly turning a few loremasters to his side.
The truth behind the Sundering:
Rork wrote:High Elf: "I'm not fat!"
Dark Elf: "Of course you're not, dear. You've just grown lazy and indolent and wrecked the inheritance for our children!"
High Elf: "I want a divorce."
Indraugnir
Executioner

Post by Indraugnir »

There is some contention among fluff freaks about whether Khaine is, in fact, Khorne

I don't believe it is possible that Khaine could be Khorne. Compare to the 40k stats for the Avatar of Khaine and the Bloodthirster. How could a servant of Khorne possibly be more powerful than Khorne himself?
I am driven to the depths of rage and at the bottom I shall find a void, where I will wander for eternity.
Binky
High Chief Lord Mod of Funnyness

Post by Binky »

The reason a Bloodthirster is better than an Avatar of Khaine is because the Avatars of Khaine were formed when Khaine was shattered by Slaanesh, they are merely fragments of Khaine... Anyway even if Khaine and Khorne were related, Khaine would merely be an aspect of Khorne...
Drasanil
Dru Perim

Post by Drasanil »

Indraugnir wrote:I don't believe it is possible that Khaine could be Khorne. Compare to the 40k stats for the Avatar of Khaine and the Bloodthirster. How could a servant of Khorne possibly be more powerful than Khorne himself?

Well remember a blood thirster is much less than 1% of Khorne's total power, and there certainly not as many Avatars as there are BTs. Also there are many striking distinctions and phylosophies and general gifts they grant their followers. Khorne hates magic, Khaine grants necromantic magic to his followers(but GW dropped that from the rules which sucks). Khorne likes battle field deaths and warrior deaths, Khaine likes any kind of death especialy randoms one where innocents are involved. Khorne head frienzied rush, blunt and no tactics, while Khaine prefers stealth, secrecy, and tactics etc etc
Dark Elf: "Of course you're not, dear. You've just grown lazy and indolent and wrecked the inheritance for our children!"
Talerco
Trainee Warrior

Post by Talerco »

AFAIK there is only one Avatar of Khaine and more than one Bloodthirster.
Sneaky
Daemon Prince

Post by Sneaky »

I don't know anything about Avatars of Khaine :oops:. Anyone care to enlighten me?

In response to Drasanil's comment that Tzeentch worship would be stronger in Ulthuan, I don't disagree but I don't agree either. Tzeentch worship is a bit more likely, perhaps, but I suspect that the people of Ulthuan are pretty strongly indoctrinated (brainwashed?) to the ways of good. If Chaos Cults exist, they would be much more secretive than in the Empire and in Naggaroth. The Empire is certainly not tolerant of Chaos worshippers, but the Asur would be even less so given their hatred of change.

Dark Elves I think are a little more open to change. Malekith does let the factions fight among themselves to keep their power in check (lest they decide to surplant him) and also to make sure that they remain strong (seemingly contradictory, but it makes sense if you think about it). He also does it to prevent Civil War (if he stops them from blowing off steam, they might decide to go into open revolt). This is one reason that a Dark Elf Civil War will never truly happen - Malekith is a lot smarter than that.

Still, unlike the Ulthuanian society, this sounds like a race that are quite open to change. Perhaps not so much as humans, because of their elven stubbornness, but certainly more than High Elves or Wood Elves.
Goodbye.
The Jewel-Eyed One

Post by Avatarofslaanesh »

Sneaky that would be a cool army to put together a high elven tzeench army, use some dark elf and some high elf models, that would be awesome
Ragnarok
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Reading ancient books to learn, so I can bring the Apocolypse sooner.

Post by Ragnarok »

It is also possible that some Druchii still worship Asuryan. Unlily perhaps but quite possible.
http://www.asur.org.uk/ulthuan/viewtopic.php?t=11002 Look at this and fight for Malekith.
Drasanil
Dru Perim

Post by Drasanil »

Talerco wrote:AFAIK there is only one Avatar of Khaine and more than one Bloodthirster.

Well I hate to break this to you but there is one Avatar of Khaine per craftworld not in total.
Nineswords
Highborn

Post by Nineswords »

I suggest reading the Liber Chaotica Tzeentch for those who are interested in the background. Its one of the best background books ive read.
ProjectEgo wrote:Knights have Ld 8. Read more.
- Project Ego rules Druchii.net with an iron fist.
Sneaky
Daemon Prince

Post by Sneaky »

I suppose one can pick this up at their local GW? I would love to have a copy. I'll put it on my reading pile.
Goodbye.
The Jewel-Eyed One

Post by Avatarofslaanesh »

no sneaky, GW dont have em

you'll ahve to go to the Sentry Box to get that in Calgary

Thats where I got Liber Chaotica Slaanesh, awesome book
Mtucache
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mtucache »

Hmm... they have a couple at my local shop, but I've never done more than glance at them. Worth getting? (Especially if these things are getting hard to find...)
Nineswords
Highborn

Post by Nineswords »

Definately worth getting. I own Tzeentch and Nurgle, and im kicking myself for not getting the Khorne one when it was available.

As for the Slaanesh one.... fat chance ill ever get it.
ProjectEgo wrote:Knights have Ld 8. Read more.
- Project Ego rules Druchii.net with an iron fist.
Drasanil
Dru Perim

Post by Drasanil »

Nineswords wrote:As for the Slaanesh one.... fat chance ill ever get it.

Whats wrong with the Slaanesh one? from what i heard it had some stuff about the nature of elves in it plus he/she/it is the only chaos god which hasn't been completly dumbed down...
Sneaky
Daemon Prince

Post by Sneaky »

I still argue that Tzeentch isn't really dumbed down... while the fluff isn't as sophisiticated as the slaanesh fluff, Tzeentch is still an interesting god.

But maybe I'm just being patriotic to my god ;).
Goodbye.