Magic Defense in Various Armies

Where the great threads of Druchii.net are kept

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Seekingone
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Seekingone »

With the +1 to cast and the game-controlling nature of Dark Magic, a 2lv2 Sorceress army can realiably cast 2 spells of the 10-12 power level variety per turn.

I'd rather say that under the listed conditions "2lv2 Sorceress army can realiably TRY TO cast 2 spells of the 10-12 power level variety per turn." In fact, for each spell chance to cast it successfully is only about 50% (roughly).
May Hoeth guide our ways...
SeekingOne
Frogboy
Corsair

Post by Frogboy »

SeekingOne wrote:
With the +1 to cast and the game-controlling nature of Dark Magic, a 2lv2 Sorceress army can realiably cast 2 spells of the 10-12 power level variety per turn.

I'd rather say that under the listed conditions "2lv2 Sorceress army can realiably TRY TO cast 2 spells of the 10-12 power level variety per turn." In fact, for each spell chance to cast it successfully is only about 50% (roughly).

actually the average 3 dice roll will be 10/11 with the bonus impied it would be even 11/12, making the change to cast a 12 power spell about 45% and a 11 power spell about 55% and a 10+ power spell even higher then that probably close to 65 or 70% (YES it goes up fast). I have not got any calculator with me to give you exact numbers but this make's most high spells pretty dangerous threaths to your opponent which means he must always keep something in reserve if he wants to stop your magic.