Opportunistic Tactics - or 'Where did THAT come from?'

Where the great threads of Druchii.net are kept

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lyngrey
Beastmaster

Post by Lyngrey »

Sniper Bolt Thrower is cheappp.. but its hard to do that because characters are placed last =) But what i like is the....

Where the hell did he go?
This involved lore of shadoes and an Assassin... there are several ways you can do this.. first off.. in deployment.. deploy a Sorc near an Assassin march the assassin out.. march the sord out.. cast the spell that makes him take a fly movement..... Or... Make them both deploy as scouts with the magical item that lets you do that with a char on foot... and fling him.. this allows him to clean up and war machine or mage that is dumb enough to be on his own This give you a charge of about 32 inches.. and i am sure that can cross the board...

I like the movement spells alot.. as brettonian.. i will pick up lore of beast and that 6th spell that gives you 2d6 movement its sick too.. i march up 16 then i cast it getting 2d6 more inches.. asll you need is an 8 and you are in th eir deployment.

[b[Frenzied Knight or Errant Knight bait technique:[/b]
this is real sick.. and simple... but sick.. the oppenent will think you are crazy at first and hate you after it deploys out.

Deploy a unit of cheap warriors or anything smack across from his Knights.. Warriors at 70 points.. put nothing in the unit... then place Exes or Knights look at that units flank like they are going to flank your own warriors.... Take the first turn.. march your warriors as close as you can to the warriors. .this should put them within 14 inches..... Frenzy units have to charge.. YOU SUCK THE CHARGE take it! Let him kill as many as he wishes.. but make sure you have 1 model left... now unless you role snake eyes, you are breaking... which is cool... he has to persue 3d6 rougle 10 inches... 10+14 is 24.. right where those warriors started =) and your Exes and Knights are licking their chops for some knights now. I have done this to much sucess its funny.. =) If you think you are brave enough do it to a blood thirster.. its easier.. hes large and can see over units.. and flys... and can be popped thru combat rez

Another way frenzy sucks.
beastherd vs DarkRiders!!!!
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) Not because of you, Seaonzala, Because I'm the Bunny =) and i want world domination!

Fr0's site GO THERE NOW!
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Um, Knights fless 3D6 which has a maximum of 18" minimum of 3" not 24".
Pleased to be back
Azimyth
Beastmaster

Post by Azimyth »

@Ras: I think he was saying that they charged 14" and then persue 10" on average for a total movement of 24".
Interesting topic. Lots of nifty little tactics. The suicide mage with web of shadows is particulary good against tomb king heirophants.
South African Players: http://www.warhammergenerals.co.za
Religion: A cult for the masses
God Protect Me ... From Your Followers
ETC: Rules for whingers who still want to play 7th
Lyngrey
Beastmaster

Post by Lyngrey »

Azimyth wrote:@Ras: I think he was saying that they charged 14" and then persue 10" on average for a total movement of 24".
Interesting topic. Lots of nifty little tactics. The suicide mage with web of shadows is particulary good against tomb king heirophants.

thanks for clearing that.... Suicide bomber is just sick... i love the look on the person across the table face =) But i rather keep it a nice clean fight.
beastherd vs DarkRiders!!!!
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) Not because of you, Seaonzala, Because I'm the Bunny =) and i want world domination!

Fr0's site GO THERE NOW!
Cerulaetas
Highborn
Location: Behind you liek omg so whitty lolz I r unique lol!!11!1one wtf!

Post by Cerulaetas »

Amarel wrote:A couple of variations on DA's Suicide Bomber I've used are the following:

Get a Noble (or other melee specific character) to about 13"/14" of the Shadow Sorceress and give him a little look when you announce you're going to cast SoS. Your opponent (at least once ;)) will generally let you cast it, convinced your plan will fail :twisted:

Give the Shadow Sorceress the Cloak of Dark Souls as well as the Web of Shadows. Your opponent will either 'work out' your plan and will trying to counter it early (disrupting his first movement phase) or will ignore it and give you the chance of pulling off something sneaky very early.

Amarel.

This shouldn't work if your opponent is on top of his game. You need to announce the target of the spell when you cast it (before he decides to dispel), which means you need to tell him that it's affecting the Sorceress, not the Noble.
Ashnari Doomsong wrote:So, you're saying that dwarf ironbreakers in HTH combat are heavy cavalry?
You're wierd...