Accepting Nominations . . . The Army List Hall of Fame

Where the great threads of Druchii.net are kept

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Accepting Nominations . . . The Army List Hall of Fame

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Since the current "Greatest Lists" thread is filled with 6th Edition armies--some even pre-revision--it is time to bring things up to date. Rather than edit the old thread, I am starting things from scratch. I would like to have a good resource for members of the site (both old and new) to get ideas for effective armies.

To nominate a list, just post a link and note what category the army fits in. You can nominate your own lists. The only restriction is that the list must be legal--no lists that depend on illegal combos (like trying to use the Dracih of Dark Power with Armor of Darkness). You can even nominate lists in the old "Greatest Lists" thread if they are post-revision and viable under 7th Ed. rules. I then get to decide which ones make it in :twisted:

The categories up for nomination are:

Small Games -- Armies designed to be effective in smaller games (500-1500 points)

Championship Lists -- lists that have won (or come close to winning) large tournaments (2000-2500 points)

Beginner Lists -- lists that are good for beginners, either due to ease of use, small number of models, or both (2000-2500 points)

Themed Lists -- lists with a strong theme, such as a Khainite list, Beast list, Black Ark list, or a list based around a particular city. Armies should still be built to be effective, but sacrifice something to fit to their theme (2000-2500 points)

Cult of Slaanesh -- self explanitory (2000-2500 points)

Over-the-Top (or Win At All Costs) -- beardy, cheesy, whatever . . . these lists are all about winning (2000-2500 points)
Truly These are the End Times ...
Kristo
Noble

2K Tournament list

Post by Kristo »

Hello again Dyvim,

This post is a good idea of yours in my opinion. It will help newcomers a lot ;)

2K Full Arsenal came across my mind. I find it quite ballanced really and if played well can achieve a good place on tournament. Yes I planed it for tournament play otherwise I would have focused more on a single apect of Druchii.
'And lo, he shall rule with a dark hand and his shadow shall touch uppon every land.'

Single combat I await
My shadow brings them fear
The spikes upon my chariot
Will grind them when they're near...
Kenny_151
Executioner

Post by Kenny_151 »

I like to nominate Errdrigar's Temple of Khaine List" for best Themed Army because of it's very original and still works perfectly in 7th Ed.

http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?p=329702#329702

Kind Regards;
Kenny
"In The End, Their Will Be Only Chaos"
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

-All of DAs lists, particularly the different blade Blade stuff. Discussion level is too high to not be included.
-Errdrigars Triad of course
-Buffy's Nightmare for the tactical discussion.
-Ash's Grim Legion threads (all)
-Ants Venom Sword List
-Word of Pains Conflict Winning List
-The big Orange Legion thread, again for the discussions.
-Xizor's Black Sun, again an excellent evolution thread.
-Vorchild's "Vanguardof the Red Legion"
-Some of Dark Elvis' stuff.

I know there are two of mine in there, and nominating your own things is kinda cheesey, but its more for the great level of discussion which people can learn so much from.

I'll let you know if I can think of any other big ones. There are loads in Ash's sticky that are superb. I wouldn't rule out 6th and pre revision 6th lists just because they are the old editions, thre is still alot to be learnt from them.

Ras
Pleased to be back
Thisisntnotjt
Cold One Knight

Post by Thisisntnotjt »

I'm going to second Ant's Venom Sword list. I tried it out and kicked some serious butt.
meh...
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Definitely goig with Kala's . . . anyone have links for some of the others?
Narathiel
Rudolph's Heir

Post by Narathiel »

http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=44030&highlight=

^^That's probably my best list which has acheived the best results sofar,- it is the list furthest down) I nominate it for Over-The-Top because it just isn't any of the other categories ;)
And I know own nominations are cheesy but this list has only lost one out of 20 games so far (in games workshops and local tournise) and the game it lost was against the winner of the bavaria tournament (germany)

I also agree with most of what Ras aid even though Word of Pain's list is definitely one of the better ones out there,
Yeah, been a long time and I have come across all sort of ****.

but I AM back so there you go-it's official ;)
It seems like the assassin sent out to eliminate me failed.
[insert evil laughter]
Ehakir
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ehakir »

On this website I saw a couple of Armylists with a Beastmaster with the Armour of Darkness, but you can't give him this, can you? Because you can't give him a shield either, and the AoD includes a shield. If I'm wrong, please correct me.
"Ceterum censeo Ulthuan esse delendam"
-Ehakir

3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win.
Harabec
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Harabec »

On this website I saw a couple of Armylists with a Beastmaster with the Armour of Darkness, but you can't give him this, can you? Because you can't give him a shield either, and the AoD includes a shield. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

You are correct, or at least that is the common consensus on the issue. Most of the lists that have the combo were likley people overlooking the fact. This should have, and likely was pointed out in each case by someone.
Joey_boy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Joey_boy »

I'd prefer that all the lists included have tactical advice attatched to them and explanations from the general on how he uses it. Even if my own lists generally are to soft for this type of nomination I'd like to use my "Best none Dragon GT style army?" thred as an example. I tryd to explane the tactcis involved in using a seemingly soft and balanced list like a killer. IMO it's more important that you understand the emntalety of the general and how he thinks the units fitt in the overall list rather then just posting up a hard as nails list for others to use.

Also my Search Fu is weak right now but I'd like to nominate the DE army from the ECT(Eour team championships) that was very well built and with some very nice and inoventiv tactics attatched to it. And the fact that it did well against some of the best players from all over EU bringing there A game speaks alot IMO. More then GT results for the simple fact that there where no avarage to poor players at this event!

I hope this makes sence since I'm hungover and feeling like a soft boiled egg at the moment....

/Johan R
You don´t snuggle with Max Power, you just strap on and feel the G´s!

Swedish ranking page and forum
Waerik
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Waerik »

It was allowed in 6th edition, but not in 7th edition, it's clearly stated in the BRB, (this is rather OT by the way...)
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Dancingpigeon
Highborn

Post by Dancingpigeon »

I'd like to suggest Opera's 3000pt and possibly his 2250pt lists that he recently used at his latest tournament. They are great examples of incredibly... erm, "hardcore" lists.
Venkh wrote:But then if wishes were fishes, Id be captain birdseye.
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Here's my own selection (in all arrogance :P ):

WAAC:
Dodge and Weave http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=48857

Themed:
Har Ganeth Defence http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=48487

And following DP's suggestion: OoD's 2250 list, absolutely.

EDIT:

Simply by virtue of NOT LOSING against tourney-worthy Dwarves
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=50347
Last edited by Raneth on Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior
Lord adrianus
Noble

Post by Lord adrianus »

Can it also be a beginner list for 1000-1500 pts?
Starting with Orks!!! A green tide will come (well, I have 34 boyz now :D
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Sure
Lord adrianus
Noble

Post by Lord adrianus »

Ok here's the link(it can go in the beginners or small games)

http://www.thegreatuncleanone.com/viewS ... yID=247775
Starting with Orks!!! A green tide will come (well, I have 34 boyz now :D
Girathon
Cold One Knight

Post by Girathon »

I keep seeing this Venom Sword list by Ant mentioned, and the cool name has me curious lol. Does anyone have a link as to where said list could be found, I tried a search, but came up short. :(

Cheers,

Girathon
Lord of the Venom Sword

Post by Ant »

I keep seeing this Venom Sword list by Ant mentioned, and the cool name has me curious lol. Does anyone have a link as to where said list could be found, I tried a search, but came up short.

Here's the army list thread:
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=44127

And here's a tourney report with the army:
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=45537

I'll be happy to answer any questions about the list if you have any, just send me a pm. I would definitely suggest you read the whole of the army list thread though, there is a hell of a lot of deep tactical disscussion in there IIRC.
Ash010110 wrote: I completely agree with Ant (Reynolds, I presume?).

(Please note, I am NOT Anthony Reynolds)
Dosmil
Corsair

Post by Dosmil »

I don't presume to think that this list is anything too outstanding except that the results it has given me in a competitive environment are impressive. Of ten games I lost only one and that was to a dwarven army. My success with this list probably has more to do with how I play it, but I thought I would throw it out there and leave it up to the discretion and judgement of those who may know better.

As for a category, based on the merits which I have deemed it as worthy, I suppose it could fit under tournament. One could also make a case for a well-balanced army as there is some of every phase: magic, shooting, heavy hitters, and of course speed. While lacking in numbers, I think the versatility of this army well makes up for it.

High Sorceress - Lvl. 4, DSC, scroll
Sorceress - lvl.2, p.stone, scroll
Noble - lance, HA, SDC, shld, steed, wand of k

19 Warriors - spears, shld, standard
10 Warriors - RxB
5 Riders - RxB
5 Riders - RxB

6 CoK - standard, warbanner
12 Witch Elves - standard
5 Harpies

2 RBTs
War Hydra

= 2000 pts.
= 74 models
= 9 PD, 5 DD, 2 scrolls
Typpin
Warrior

Post by Typpin »

IF im allowed to nominate myself, take a look at the recent Cult of Slaanesh thread in the Druchii Army Lists section
Dark Elves
W - L - D
7 - 3 - 3
GAME 13 VS. Warriors of Chaos - Massacre(Win)
Geist
Noble

Post by Geist »

Can I nomatie my local tourney winning Tk list?
Flyers for the win in 8th.

DEATH FROM ABOVE DRUCIH AIR CAV!!!!

The Machine will grind you down.

The League of Extraordinary Druchii
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

Uh...Hello, you are on DRUCHII.net.
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Typpin
Warrior

Post by Typpin »

General Kala wrote:Uh...Hello, you are on DRUCHII.net.

SECOND!
Damnedscorpio
Shade

Post by Damnedscorpio »

hey i wouldnt mind seeing a tombking list but it is a dark elf sight oh well

i go with a dragon lord with executioners axe

10 x bow men

5 dark riders

5 dark riders

6 cold ones

6 cold ones

4 reavers

2 sorceress on dark steed
new dark elves have been great to me prepare for the cold one charge
Cynath ch'ill
Noble

Post by Cynath ch'ill »

i'm sorry to be terribly vague, but I loved the chain peggie army lists that came around. I'd love to see them in the hall of fame.

Ant's venom sword list is a must. Fantastic army build.