Advanced MSU -> the RUN (also a guide for beginners)

Where the great threads of Druchii.net are kept

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Grogsnotpowwabomba
The Aspect of Murder
The Aspect of Murder

Post by Grogsnotpowwabomba »

Maelis wrote:I must tell you that wooping those 800 pts with Slann was lucky, as I always leave such units on their own and win battles anyway. Stubborn S4 T4 with good AS is hard.

It was lucky that they broke, but by the time they did there were only 5 of them left plus the Slann. They had been severely abused by RBT and then Soul Stealer, not to mention my Executioners and Corsairs and Noble pounding on them.
3 bots slain in Khaine's name.
Grogsnotpowwabomba
The Aspect of Murder
The Aspect of Murder

Maelis wrote:I must not agree. Strong enemy flank can be devastating. Same for tight formatio with no room for Flank Charges. You cant asume that the other general is stupid or will sit back and enjoy watching your play. He also has a plans and dirty tricks.

This is all the more reason why you need your sacraficial units. Force him to fail charges to disrupt his battle line. In addition, your smaller units make you more maneuverable, and thus allows you to redeploy all of your forces toward his flank. Unless fighting a horde army, he WILL have a flank.

Maelis wrote:If enemy general is owrth his salt he will stirke your units one by one dealing with them as alone they are no threat at all. Enemy cavalery is great at it. Two units can wipe all MSU army (charge the main unt and the flanking one and win as both are very weak alone - then rinse-repeat).

You can say: elite enemy units dont have expensive targets to earn their points back, but then - do you expect them to stand still because of that? No. They will rip your lines unit by unit and even if they dont earn their points back, they will blow a hole in your defence for his cheaper troops to get in.

Why on earth would my units be alone? I'm starting to think you don't understand the way of playing an MSU army when you make statements like this. Don't take that as an insult, just as an observation. Have you tried USING MSU yet, for at lest half a dozen games, or are you merely speculating? I have the feeling you haven't even tried it yet. I'll be honest, when my friend first put the ideas of this type of army in my head, I was very skeptical as well. But then I tried it for a few games and absolutely loved it. I felt like it mitigated much of the disadvantage my Elves faced (high points cost, low unit count/deployment disadvantages). But I would like to know honestly how many games you have played using MSU.

Enemy cavalry can be a pain, but if you use your small units properly you can force him to waste his (probably) expensive cavalry chasing dinky, worthless units. Furthermore, your Shades/Dark Riders/Harpies should be harassing the hell out of his troops and disrupting their movement, while your shooting and magic takes its toll on him. I always sacrafice my Spearmen to force cavalry to overrun into weird directions, woods, off the board etc. It really is not hard to do...
Grogsnotpowwabomba
The Aspect of Murder
The Aspect of Murder

Dark Alliance wrote:[Sorry, completely disagree with the Asur point. I reckon they could use it but not any better than we.

I agree completely. Without Core Fast Cavalry and many 0-1 choices in Elite troops, I don't feel that this strategy works too well for the Asur. Not to mention that their Core infantry is base 10pts, thus more of a sacrafice than ours...
Sugacapra
Black Guard

Post by Sugacapra »

GrogsnotPowwabomba wrote:
Dark Alliance wrote:[Sorry, completely disagree with the Asur point. I reckon they could use it but not any better than we.

I agree completely. Without Core Fast Cavalry and many 0-1 choices in Elite troops, I don't feel that this strategy works too well for the Asur. Not to mention that their Core infantry is base 10pts, thus more of a sacrafice than ours...

yes agree with you. also they missed the mix in the elite needed to choose what flank horde and what flank tin-can... we have anti horde (witches) and anti tin-can (execs) they have 2 anti tin-can (lions and swordsmaster) but not anti horde... so i think we can perform MSU better than pantsy elves... (they have also a powerful magic but no magic at all to disrupt enemy movement/fire...apart from shadows spells. we have the choice... dominion-wop-chillwind or go with shadow spells..)
Maelis
Highborn

Post by Maelis »

This is all the more reason why you need your sacraficial units. Force him to fail charges to disrupt his battle line.

Dwarves dont charge. They stand, shoot and bounce of MSU units. They also have no flanks. So you cant "lure them" or "outsmart them". Atleast all Dwarf generals I play against.
Same for my local Chaos player. His Tzeenetch army doesnt hestiate to charge me. He knows I am M5 so I propably charge anyway or flee from his charge. He tries to take out my Sorcereeses and RBT with Furies and Screamers and blow the rest of the army with HEAVY magic. The rest dies from chariot, Knights and MSU Chaos Infantry. Its realy hard to beat his army with DE MSU. Im wining with him only by luck (his BAD LUCK - he rolls many miscasts ending Magic phase).

I think that defence is a great way to deal with MSU. But only for some armies. I agree that any horde wont stand DE shooting/magic and will be forced to charge sooner or later.

Have you tried USING MSU yet, for at lest half a dozen games, or are you merely speculating? I have the feeling you haven't even tried it yet.

C'mon. I ve been playing similar list for over 7-8 months. I tried many tactics - just for fun. So I used "BIG blocks", and "many small units", "monsters", "heavy magic", "all cav" and so on...
My favorite type is MSE - very similar to msu - Multiple Small Elites backed up with "not-too-big" core infantry. Here is a sketch of my typical army I play A LOT:
2x lvl2 Sorceress
sometimes Noble
15 Corsairs
10 Rxbows
5 Dark Riders
5 Dark Riders
10 Executioners
12 Witch Elves
5-8 Cold Ones
Shades/Harpies
2 RBT and some extra stuff or 3 RBT or 2 RBT and Hydra or 2 RBT and Highborn on Manticore

I see this list as qute solid cmparing to Spear-based-sacrificial MSU - it has only about 2 units less, but its harder to beat and better on a charge.

I always sacrafice my Spearmen to force cavalry to overrun into weird directions, woods, off the board etc. It really is not hard to do...

I always play on 6x4 board (local club field), so its hard to push him over the board. Also we dont use much terrain as it is not realistic - in medieval generals did not battle inside the dense forest nor over the mountain peaks, so we deploy terrain in board corners (18"x18" from the table edge and scatter it and one terrain in each deploy zoce center - also scattered. Someties we throw something in the middle)
Not to mention that their Core infantry is base 10pts, thus more of a sacrafice than ours...

Your quite a bit into sacrificing, huh?

I wish I could see you sacrificing 4-5 spearelves units in turn 2 against brettonian knights. :D No offence.

we have anti horde (witches) and anti tin-can (execs) they have 2 anti tin-can (lions and swordsmaster) but not anti horde...

How about HE spearelves? They are cheaper then Witch Elves, have same nuber of attacks on defence and if they loose odels from first ine they still have 2 other ranks to attack from. They are also more reliable, as they are not frenzy and have 5+AS. But its a Druchii forum and I dont want to explain HE tactics here, unless you want to hear it.
"Prick your finger it is done
the moon has now eclypsed the sun
an angel has spread his wings
the time has come for bitter things"
-M.M
Sugacapra
Black Guard

Post by Sugacapra »

HE spearelves are cheaper but have same atk ONLY on defence... witches have 3 atks on attack and using them on defence is a your fault, i think that in no way the witches have to be used in defence... they are a truly offensive unit, if you want to play defensive dont get them at all.... last game i played (see the batrep) they give a real shock effect and not versus goblin.. versus the chaos that you fear so much, tzeentch is logically prone to miscast with all his spells and dices and the wind of magic (or dice) are not a path to be taken for the weak of heart... i fear less the tzeentchan armies than the Slaanesh one... tzeench have only a lot of magic missile in varius form.. and if you play MSU you can beat him.. (new execs and black guards can stand a chance also versus their cavalry...) i don't say that MSU is the final and definitely better tactics, can be defeated but if is mastered can give your DE a real edge over almost any kind of troop...
Maelis
Highborn

Post by Maelis »

HE spearelves are cheaper but have same atk ONLY on defence... witches have 3 atks on attack and using them on defence is a your fault, i think that in no way the witches have to be used in defence... they are a truly offensive unit, if you want to play defensive dont get them at all....

Belive me, I KNOW how to use Witch Elves. I just tell you that HE have quite good anti-horde unit. heh.

versus the chaos that you fear so much, tzeentch is logically prone to miscast with all his spells and dices and the wind of magic (or dice) are not a path to be taken for the weak of heart... i fear less the tzeentchan armies than the Slaanesh one... tzeench have only a lot of magic missile in varius form.. and if you play MSU you can beat him.. (new execs and black guards can stand a chance also versus their cavalry...)

I dont fear chaos. I just think MSU is not the best way to deal with it.
And Tzeentch followers:12-15 Power Dices, Excelent spells and good fighter-mages make them very effective. And they are still Chaos so theur troops are much better than ours. He wont chase your bait units. He will first blast your small elites then zap baits. And if anything is still moving after that he still has his force to deal with it. I win with Tzeentch army, but it always cost me lots of stress and atleast two bags of chips and beer after the battle.

And how would you feel having your Execs (or BG) striking attacks against each other? He chooses gw for them and viola - half of unit goes away (they hit themselves on 4+ and wound on 2+, No As).

i don't say that MSU is the final and definitely better tactics, can be defeated but if is mastered can give your DE a real edge over almost any kind of troop...

I dont belive in real edge as you still havent prsented me any good arguments.
-M.M
Maelis
Highborn

Post by Maelis »

Oh, and:
tzeench have only a lot of magic missile in varius form..

Well Skaven have only some shooting in various form, same as Dwarves. Bretts have only some silly Knights... C'mon, dont underestimate your opponent. Magic and Shooting is a REAL threat to MSU lists, no doubts on that.
-M.M
Sugacapra
Black Guard

Post by Sugacapra »

magic and missile are threat to every lists... not only msu...
Goricexii
Noble

Post by Goricexii »

Actually, I've been trying not to get involved in this discussion too much. I have yet to even get my DR to pass a rally roll more than once every 5 games and therefore definately aren't in much of a mood to split my army into penny packets, but I think it's worthwhile pointing out that Malekithau's original MSU list, which was the one that worked and started it all (sorta...) was NOT an extreme MSU army. He had a Manticore Highborn, 2 sorceress, 2x5 DR, 2x10 RXBwarriors, 12 corsairs, 10 Exes, 12 Witch Elves, 6 shades and 2 Reapers. This was NOT a major shift from standard unit sizes. The corsairs were the only unit I'd expected to see in larger units. The main thing about the army that looked odd on first appearance was the complete absence of standards and champions in everything.

He didn't deploy a single unit that was exactly despicable, in other words. No 70-point slavespear units. Every one of his units was fairly potent, though on a small scale. Even 12 Corsairs are not that bad a unit, with the 2 attacks each and boosted missile save. I think it could be very easy to go overboard and pare everything down too much. I think even with MSU we have to keep the units tough enough to get the enemy worried about them individually. Even if that means simply upping the average size from 10 to 12.

The only thing a really have to say that if we somehow work out that the best size for a spearman unit is 16, the size of a warrior box, I'm going to scream a little.
Hmmmm...two cold ones in a chariot drawn by dark elves. That's never a good sign...
Sugacapra
Black Guard

Post by Sugacapra »

Maelis wrote:Oh, and:
tzeench have only a lot of magic missile in varius form..

Well Skaven have only some shooting in various form, same as Dwarves. Bretts have only some silly Knights... C'mon, dont underestimate your opponent. Magic and Shooting is a REAL threat to MSU lists, no doubts on that.

i repeat:
the spell for tzeentch appear to me as a varius magic missiles... i fear most the slaanesh spells list cause they can spread havoc on your formations and units and tactics... but is my opinion Maelis, i dont want to force you think like me, what i dont like is to read "C'mon dont unterstimate your opponent" .... hey guy... i NEVER understimate opponent in every thing i do.. never.
simply as example... if i fight a guy with 10 yearsold that place goblin & goblins on the table i dont understimate him... when i was 14 i win a "sky slalom " in my country making the better time of "all" the racers... ever also 20 years old and better :-))
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

@ Gorice : yeh, Mal's original point was not so much about having a whole mass of small units as such. It was about maximising attacks and trying to get as many models / units into combat at any one time. Multi unit charging with the additional 1 or 2 models extra in the front rank.

His opinion being that the extra attacks are worth more than the extra ranks. Two extra kills is two extra not hitting you back and so on.

I have found that totally naked spear units by the bucket are not the way to go, more a balancing of the two theories. Even an MSU based list needs something with a kick or punch though, whether it be the Lord/ manticore combo or a unit of Exe's or a couple of chariots, it doesn't matter. As long as there IS something there.

Even a ranked unit of 16 Spears. Not my preferred choice at the moment but we are all different so...

I have some observations and experiences to share with you all anyway, which I intend to try and write up tonight. Be intersting to see all your comments.
Maelis
Highborn

Post by Maelis »

Well... Yes. But some list suffer from it more than others.

MSU can fall apart after shooting. Your flanking units can be just to weak to cancel rank bonus or to win combat at all. That is where DR kick in, but still "what if they fail" takes place.

And why should I be afraid of Slaanesh with is 5-6 Power Dices when I have 5 Dispell Dices and 1-2 Scrolls? Its Tzeentch mage who can hurl loads of magic on you. And every spell hurts (almost every).
But I agree, Slaanesh magic is nice and I hope we get the "Cult of Slaanesh" DE list.

when i was 14 i win a "sky slalom " in my country making the better time of "all" the racers... ever also 20 years old and better :-))

Congratulations! :D
-M.M
Maelis
Highborn

Post by Maelis »

GoriceXII: Exactly! I agree. I just think that adding 2-3 models to a unit or two gives some more options and shooting/magic resistance.

I dont like 16 Spearelves unit either. But 12 in two ranks with option to quickly make 3 ranks, or 15 in three ranks and 5 wide frontage is an option. Same with Corsairs -> 12-15.
I belive that there is no need for any DE unit to be 16+ size.

Dark Alliance: Cant wait to read it. Unfortunatly I cant reply till Monday. Im off for the weekend. And I totally agree on this:
I have found that totally naked spear units by the bucket are not the way to go, more a balancing of the two theories. Even an MSU based list needs something with a kick or punch though, whether it be the Lord/ manticore combo or a unit of Exe's or a couple of chariots, it doesn't matter. As long as there IS something there.

That was supposed to be the main message of my article. Im sorry if it wasnt obvious.
-M.M
Aenarion
Noble

Post by Aenarion »

the msu tactic sounds very good
"Better not to have been born than to live without glory."

"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war."
-Napolean(both quotes)
Sugacapra
Black Guard

Post by Sugacapra »

Maelis wrote:

Well... Yes. But some list suffer from it more than others.

agree with you :-) some lists suffer more than others... but heavy missile is a pain for all :-)

MSU can fall apart after shooting. Your flanking units can be just to weak to cancel rank bonus or to win combat at all. That is where DR kick in, but still "what if they fail" takes place.

partially agree... MSU can fall apart if you fight a "missile war"... but you can move really fast (we are elves 8) we can move 5 march 10 :-) ) and versus heavy missile lists i think MSU need to hurry on melee... how? sun tzu say that you can't prepare all before the combat .. a good plan is like a waterflow... he adapt on the path he find.. :-)

And why should I be afraid of Slaanesh with is 5-6 Power Dices when I have 5 Dispell Dices and 1-2 Scrolls? Its Tzeentch mage who can hurl loads of magic on you. And every spell hurts (almost every).
But I agree, Slaanesh magic is nice and I hope we get the "Cult of Slaanesh" DE list.

my slaanesh opponent easily take on 9 PD and some bound items... (2? dont remember) and i assure that he just need to "rule" the first 2 turns of magic phase to become a pain in melee (after..) slaanesh is fast and deadly.. the only chaos that i love.. :-) )

[...] autoupping :-)

Congratulations! :D

thanks.. was my best performance on snow 8) now i'm near 30 and cant beat my time.. :-) strange things happen sometime! (a lucky dice roll? )

p.s. Maelis i don't see you are wrong with your ideas (MSE or RUN like you call your tactics) can be performed well, and probably versus some enemy (chaos in first, but also a only ORC player..) probably work better than MSU.. i'll give a try for sure one of the next game i play... (i almost play versus chaos 90% of time..)
Grogsnotpowwabomba
The Aspect of Murder
The Aspect of Murder

Maelis wrote:
This is all the more reason why you need your sacraficial units. Force him to fail charges to disrupt his battle line.

Dwarves dont charge. They stand, shoot and bounce of MSU units. They also have no flanks. So you cant "lure them" or "outsmart them". Atleast all Dwarf generals I play against.
Same for my local Chaos player. His Tzeenetch army doesnt hestiate to charge me. He knows I am M5 so I propably charge anyway or flee from his charge. He tries to take out my Sorcereeses and RBT with Furies and Screamers and blow the rest of the army with HEAVY magic. The rest dies from chariot, Knights and MSU Chaos Infantry. Its realy hard to beat his army with DE MSU. Im wining with him only by luck (his BAD LUCK - he rolls many miscasts ending Magic phase).

I think that defence is a great way to deal with MSU. But only for some armies. I agree that any horde wont stand DE shooting/magic and will be forced to charge sooner or later.

Have you tried USING MSU yet, for at lest half a dozen games, or are you merely speculating? I have the feeling you haven't even tried it yet.

C'mon. I ve been playing similar list for over 7-8 months. I tried many tactics - just for fun. So I used "BIG blocks", and "many small units", "monsters", "heavy magic", "all cav" and so on...
My favorite type is MSE - very similar to msu - Multiple Small Elites backed up with "not-too-big" core infantry. Here is a sketch of my typical army I play A LOT:
2x lvl2 Sorceress
sometimes Noble
15 Corsairs
10 Rxbows
5 Dark Riders
5 Dark Riders
10 Executioners
12 Witch Elves
5-8 Cold Ones
Shades/Harpies
2 RBT and some extra stuff or 3 RBT or 2 RBT and Hydra or 2 RBT and Highborn on Manticore

I see this list as qute solid cmparing to Spear-based-sacrificial MSU - it has only about 2 units less, but its harder to beat and better on a charge.

I always sacrafice my Spearmen to force cavalry to overrun into weird directions, woods, off the board etc. It really is not hard to do...

I always play on 6x4 board (local club field), so its hard to push him over the board. Also we dont use much terrain as it is not realistic - in medieval generals did not battle inside the dense forest nor over the mountain peaks, so we deploy terrain in board corners (18"x18" from the table edge and scatter it and one terrain in each deploy zoce center - also scattered. Someties we throw something in the middle)
Not to mention that their Core infantry is base 10pts, thus more of a sacrafice than ours...

Your quite a bit into sacrificing, huh?

I wish I could see you sacrificing 4-5 spearelves units in turn 2 against brettonian knights. :D No offence.

we have anti horde (witches) and anti tin-can (execs) they have 2 anti tin-can (lions and swordsmaster) but not anti horde...

How about HE spearelves? They are cheaper then Witch Elves, have same nuber of attacks on defence and if they loose odels from first ine they still have 2 other ranks to attack from. They are also more reliable, as they are not frenzy and have 5+AS. But its a Druchii forum and I dont want to explain HE tactics here, unless you want to hear it.

Maelis, from reading all of your comments, it seems to me that you are a pessimist. You will always look at the down side of things, and point out how this army can do this and that army can do that. I accept this, and the fact that I will never convince you. Fine by me. You are entitled to your own opinions. Whatever you want to say or think, I promise you that my small 10 man units ARE winning games.

Having said this, I will point out that my friend and I developed these tactics originally to fight against Bretonnians. I couldn't beat them. That is where the whole Spearman sacrafice came into being.
Grogsnotpowwabomba
The Aspect of Murder
The Aspect of Murder

sugacapra wrote:partially agree... MSU can fall apart if you fight a "missile war"... but you can move really fast (we are elves 8) we can move 5 march 10 :-) ) and versus heavy missile lists i think MSU need to hurry on melee... how? sun tzu say that you can't prepare all before the combat .. a good plan is like a waterflow... he adapt on the path he find.. :-)

Exactly. If facing alot of magic/shooting, just enter combat as soon as you can.
Grogsnotpowwabomba
The Aspect of Murder
The Aspect of Murder

GoriceXII wrote:I think even with MSU we have to keep the units tough enough to get the enemy worried about them individually.

Why?? The deception that the units are NOT dangerous is what makes the list powerful. It allows people to easily fall for traps. And the whole point of the list is that units should be working together closely, so why does an individual unit need to appear to be a threat?
Drizzt
Black Guard

Post by Drizzt »

what does MSU mean?-anyway the rules u said in the first thread are no surprise for me being the exact way i use my druchii
Sugacapra
Black Guard

Post by Sugacapra »

GrogsnotPowwabomba wrote:
GoriceXII wrote:I think even with MSU we have to keep the units tough enough to get the enemy worried about them individually.

Why?? The deception that the units are NOT dangerous is what makes the list powerful. It allows people to easily fall for traps. And the whole point of the list is that units should be working together closely, so why does an individual unit need to appear to be a threat?

agree with you.. the power of the MSU is that alone the units are weak (or not deadly.. 8) ) but working together they are deadly (read my batrep where Rxbowelves resist a double side charge and in my turn Highborn and witches complete the job... :) )

the idea is to lure enemy in trap... and to force them to have no other choice... for example having your rxbowelves move to face his cavalry at 8"-9" of distance and firing multishot on them easily force your opponent general to think that he HAVE to charge them... and your rxbowelves will stand-and-shoot to them... maybe killing one... and being overrunned they complete their work... to force enemy to end where you want (placing your rxbowelves not fully 90° to them... (mmm bad example.. if i can wrote an image i can explain better how i did to force my opponent where i want)) but remember... you can force them where you want if
they charge your "bait" , and your duty is to force them in the charge.

mmm what a mess... :-(
Sugacapra
Black Guard

Post by Sugacapra »

Drizzt wrote:what does MSU mean?-anyway the rules u said in the first thread are no surprise for me being the exact way i use my druchii

MSU = Multiple Small Unit a tactics that Malekithau explain clearly in the thread "can't beat the hordes read this..."
MSU sum up with revision very well (cause of lower spearelves costs , heavy armor on execs , better range of CoB and LD9 on CoK) and prove to be a real nasty tactics versus many opponent... to mastery that is hard but when you reach a decent comprension of that something wonderful happen... :-) you win and you give out very LOW victory points.. :-)
Maelis
Highborn

Post by Maelis »

Maelis, from reading all of your comments, it seems to me that you are a pessimist. You will always look at the down side of things, and point out how this army can do this and that army can do that. I accept this, and the fact that I will never convince you. Fine by me. You are entitled to your own opinions. Whatever you want to say or think, I promise you that my small 10 man units ARE winning games.

Im not pessimist nor I am entiled to my oppions. I can agree that it is possible to win with ELITE armie with MSU list using lot of spearelves as sacrifice.

What Im trying to say in my artice is that it can be EASIER with little modifications. I tried to show how to make MSU list more versatile and don't use "sacrifical" tactics (as I stated at the beggining I just dont like this idea).

If you would read my posts carefully you would notice thst Im not trying to convince all players to BIG INFANTRY BLOCKS, but to use 12-15 unit or two to make sure you win the fight against ANY enemy. My idea is called Advaced MSU, right? So Im not turning away totaly from the malekithau summary.
If fact I think you have went the other way, as there is not much "elitness" or "maximized attacks" in fleeing spearelves runned down... But if this idea works for you then fine.

My article is directed to other group of players, thats all.
-M.M
Grogsnotpowwabomba
The Aspect of Murder
The Aspect of Murder

Maelis wrote:Im not pessimist nor I am entiled to my oppions. I can agree that it is possible to win with ELITE armie with MSU list using lot of spearelves as sacrifice.

I say you are a pessimist because you are constantly trying to find every possible, contrived reason as to why MSU will not work. You don't seem to want to look at the positives and only at the negatives. Maybe I am misreading you here, but that is how it seems.

I think you also overemphasize my use of Spearmen as a sacrafice. I don't do it needlessly, only when it will produce maximum advantage. There are plenty of times I will have them fight head on against enemy units. But against enemy elite units/cavalry/etc., they accomplish more by setting my enemy up for countercharges.
Sugacapra
Black Guard

weird! :-)

Post by Sugacapra »

Im not pessimist nor I am entiled to my oppions. I can agree that it is possible to win with ELITE armie with MSU list using lot of spearelves as sacrifice.

sacrifice are sometime needed when you force enemy to trap (countercharge or a deep forest where is will be hindered for 2+ turns)
they are not "wasted" unit... you sacrifice 70-80 pts of a unit to take
away from battle 400or more costing units... there when they return
in game they find that at least many part of their friend are gone in the
wind.. :-)

What Im trying to say in my artice is that it can be EASIER with little modifications. I tried to show how to make MSU list more versatile and don't use "sacrifical" tactics (as I stated at the beggining I just dont like this idea).

i think that none like the sight of runned down troopers.. 8) but if this
can let me win the game (and really can in many case) then the sacrifice
will be honored by khaine.. (aka we take all the prisoners and immolate
them on the blood altar.. :twisted: )

If you would read my posts carefully you would notice thst Im not trying to convince all players to BIG INFANTRY BLOCKS, but to use 12-15 unit or two to make sure you win the fight against ANY enemy. My idea is called Advaced MSU, right? So Im not turning away totaly from the malekithau summary.

your idea is really similar to MSU, i think that you are not going to an
exasperate MSU (like the mine for example) but also your units lists
is a MSU one... nor me nor you nor other have the FINAL ARMY LIST
for MSU, and so this is why we are talking about it, we need to try a
lot to see what work better and versus who.. :)

If fact I think you have went the other way, as there is not much "elitness" or "maximized attacks" in fleeing spearelves runned down... But if this idea works for you then fine.

My article is directed to other group of players, thats all.

i think your (indeed good) article is directed to all druchii that like the MSU, talking about it will enhance our skill and sharpen our ideas...
so lets go with this thread ! :-)