Druchii Net Campaign : Q&A

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Feel free to make all the factions that you wish ... any factions that end up having a substantial impact on the campaign will be included in the fluff ...

That is easier said then done. I mean usually you have to submit your battle on one side from a drop down menu style thing. So would all the Factions not have to be included from the off? Or can we just enter our abttle as who ever. In which case is that not far more work for you?

If what you say is true then Its time to drum up suport for the Guard....
Pleased to be back
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Ras: Notice the word "fluff". It may impact the fluff if you get people to use your police force list. The campaign mechanics will probably still only hold two sides to play for. Either for the cult, or for the temples.

- Nag
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

jeffleong13 wrote:Feel free to make all the factions that you wish ... any factions that end up having a substantial impact on the campaign will be included in the fluff ...

J

Right.

That is the important thing. People will be able to modify what happens based upon how much of a real following they can get...
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Kane
Black Guard

Post by Kane »

I'm in, if I just can get my opponents to register... but beating them should be no problem; I rule, they suck 8). Will more deatails come out later? I just preciesely want to know what'll be going on, but I assume those things will first come out shortly before the campaign.
And btw I will fully support malekith and so will my entire army!
Nice armor Tyrion. Did your husband make it for you?
Kane
Black Guard

Post by Kane »

I just have a question: How detailed does the battle reports have to be? Do they just have to be lesser resumés of battles or do they have to be as detailed as the WD battle reports with pictures? If it does, I think It'll drastically reduce the number of participants as it'll be hard to find opponents who'll enjoy writing the exact same BR as you

And at last: can you register with a hotmail account?
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

Kane wrote:I just have a question: How detailed does the battle reports have to be? Do they just have to be lesser resumés of battles or do they have to be as detailed as the WD battle reports with pictures? If it does, I think It'll drastically reduce the number of participants as it'll be hard to find opponents who'll enjoy writing the exact same BR as you

And at last: can you register with a hotmail account?

Go to the website,

www.druchiicampaign.net

It explains it all there.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Kane
Black Guard

Post by Kane »

Thanks langmann, I oversaw a two line part of the Instructions :oops: .I must get some sleep.
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

Hmmmm.....am I missing something or is the link to the above website not active?
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Lord damion
Dark Rider

Post by Lord damion »

jeffleong13 wrote:Feel free to make all the factions that you wish ... any factions that end up having a substantial impact on the campaign will be included in the fluff ...

J
what will be the results if the CoS wins?
The son of Slaneesh....
Dyne
Beastmaster
Location: waiting behind you, about to stab you wit.........wait, ewwww!

Post by Dyne »

i dont understand.....you asay trhat other armys are involved, and as such you can play against them. however, if the friends are all onm the side, (like 2 chaos armys, beastmen, and cosd for exam,ple) could you still take part?

also, will the main fighting be beetween druchii players?

im looking forward to it, and am intrigued, but am sceptical on these points. thnks guys!
Everyone wrote:You know, High Elfs really suck
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

General Kala wrote:Hmmmm.....am I missing something or is the link to the above website not active?
It works for me... try to refresh it.

We can't say at this point. It depends on how great victory it is, and what GW might have to say about this whole thing. You'll have to fight the campaign and make sure the cultists win to find that out.

you asay trhat other armys are involved, and as such you can play against them. however, if the friends are all onm the side, (like 2 chaos armys, beastmen, and cosd for exam,ple) could you still take part?
Of course. As long as you, on the website, enter what side you were fighting for.

will the main fighting be beetween druchii players?
yes. It's a Druchii Civil War, the adding of other races are for those people who might not want to battle the same opponent all the time (if you only got one additional Druchii player in your gaming group or similar). Most of us don't even know many other Druchii players nearby, so we needed to add more options for those who want to participate. The main fighting will still be between Druchii and Druchii :P

- Nag
Mielkith
Assassin

Post by Mielkith »

Int he Slanneshi list chariots were dis-allowed as they couldn't travel through Lustria. Now the cult has left Lustria, should they be able to use Chariots? Its a shame to loose such beutifull models.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

All slaaneshi armies didn't fight in Lustria, but still none could take chariots. It's a simple army selection restriction, I guess we have to learn to live with it...

- Nag
Aachil lathanast
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Aachil lathanast »

Fluff wise worshipers of Khaine would be far more numerous than Slaanesh followers - will that be an advantage in this campaign? And since this is a DE civil war will the battles fought beetwen two druchii armies count more than if you faced an opponent of a different race?
Weak perish so that the strong can live. It is the law of nature. It is the law of the Druchii.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Aachil Lathanast wrote:Fluff wise worshipers of Khaine would be far more numerous than Slaanesh followers - will that be an advantage in this campaign?
That is more something that will influence the final outcome of this campaign. Even if the cultists win by a land slide, the final outcome might be that they gained a little ground against the khainites. That is all up to the Campaign Managers.

And since is a DE civil war will the battles beetwen two druchii armies count more than if you faced an opponent of different race?
No.

- Nag
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

Damion wrote:

J

You'll just have to wait and see what happens ...

J
Frankenzi
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Frankenzi »

Kill Cultists! Death for the Slaanesh!
More players are Khaine players. Slaanesh cannot win.
frig Slaanesh, glory for Khaine!
Alcing ragaholic
Lord of Mod-Assassins

Post by Alcing ragaholic »

You would be surprised, Frankenzi...

Z
======================
<langmann> hah, I'll take florida over 10 feet of snow/day. My balls sweat and I'm cold and my back is sore from shoveling.

Join the DNet chatroom today!
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

Frankenzi wrote:Kill Cultists! Death for the Slaanesh!
More players are Khaine players. Slaanesh cannot win.

Slaanesh has a pretty good chance really - in the form of a highly optimised army list. OK, we don't have chariots (grrr) but some of our units have very high movement and immense hitting power. I think it will be a good fight whichever way it goes.

Khaine probably has greater numbers yes (in fact this is true in the fluff as well as the number of players) but the CoP shouldn't be underestimated. They have a few rules that makes them very strong - lots of attacks, with some units being immune to psychology and some causing fear - All things considered, things may well balance out in the end...
The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever
Quinn
Cold One Knight

Post by Quinn »

Any thought of having 'Hatred' between the COS and the COK? Civil wars tend to be extremely nasty affairs and I can't see this one being any different. We already had one with the HEs and it obviously left a bitter taste in everyone's mouth.
Pain?....you don't even know what pain is.....yet.
Draenor
Dark Rider

Post by Draenor »

Thats actually quite a cool idea, but perhaps it could be integrated into the results of individual battle sites.

In the SOC, didn't like the way players could view the rewards of each battle site before the battle was finished.

In this campaign, it would be really cool to have "surprise rewards/fluff" after completed battle sites... to make the campaign more interesting and less unpredictable. Hatred would be a good example...
Cerulaetas
Highborn
Location: Behind you liek omg so whitty lolz I r unique lol!!11!1one wtf!

Post by Cerulaetas »

The thing is Quinn, both sides having hatred will cancel the benefits out. It'll just mean things die a lot faster for both sides.
Ashnari Doomsong wrote:So, you're saying that dwarf ironbreakers in HTH combat are heavy cavalry?
You're wierd...
Jhaelrnya
Highborn

Post by Jhaelrnya »

You said feel free to amke all the factions you wish. Where do we make these? In this forum? Like post up a call to arms or a ramble on what your faction stands for, and have people apply there? Or what?
Rork wrote:Because you are bound to turn up to battle dressed as a Christmas tree. I don't like people who condone the trade in Fir.

I'm back! But so very tired...
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

Jhaelrnya wrote:You said feel free to amke all the factions you wish. Where do we make these? In this forum? Like post up a call to arms or a ramble on what your faction stands for, and have people apply there? Or what?

When you enter a battlereport using the batrep form there is a comments section for that.
Y.a
Dark Rider

Post by Y.a »

First of all I got to say, great job, this looks like the best thing that ever happed to this site (revision not included), secondly i think each side should make a war council that will think on what sites are more important and have a game plan, maybe even a forum devoted to that, it will make it a really good strategy game.

But the point of this post is a big GOOD JOB.