Time for Plan B

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Time for Plan B

Post by Darkprincess »

OK, we have continued to hit Ghrond very hard and have caused great worries for the Khainist infidels, to the extent of forcing them to bring large forces to their city in an attempt to destroy us. We have done extremely well against overwhelming odds. When this campaign began, they considered us to be weak and feeble, yet we have shown them the true meaning of strength and determination...

However, in view of their continuing counterattacks, we cannot realistically hold Ghrond any longer, so we have to switch to our alternative strategy. We must now leave their dark citadel and fall back in order to reinforce the watchtowers, particularly the Spire of Malice, which is in serious danger of being retaken very soon.

But we will not go quietly. As we leave this city, we will do so in a manner that the infidels shall remember throughout eternity !

IC:

Lonicera wrote:[i]Glorious devoted, we are gathered here this day to celebrate a great victory over the infidels of the bloody-handed god. For months we have controlled their spiritual heartland and proved to them that we are not a small band of weakling hedonists. We have proved to them that we can strike as hard as they can and with no less malice than that which is demanded by the outrage that is their false religion.

These mist-covered mountains that surround Ghrond have been a home to us for some time now and the time has come for us to fall back and regroup, that we might reinforce those of us who continue to hold the line at the watchtowers. The Spire of Malice has long been ours and we will hold it against the Temple's onslaught.

So now we must gather our prizes and our slaves and leave this place to its fate. Soon, they will assault the gates and when they do, they will find us gone. But they will celebrate but for a short time when they find that their great citadel is not what it once was.

Standing here in this, the greatest Khainist temple in Naggaroth, we see the trappings of evil all around us. But not for long. We will go from this place, but we will bring the temple to its foundations as we leave. The idol of Khaine will be thrown down and broken upon the marble floors, the roof will be collapsed and we shall burn every corner of the city, for if we cannot hold Ghrond, then neither shall they !

Yes, they will eventually rebuild, but it will take them time and resources on a scale not seen since the founding of Naggaroth.

So go now, tear down the symbols of blasphemy that surround us, take as many slaves as you can, that they may be gifted unto Slaanesh as an offering of thanks for giving us the great victory in this darkest of places.

Long will this day live on in our history as it will in theirs. When I took charge of this phase of our divine campaign, I promised you all a glorious victory. Today, I deliver upon that promise. Our actions here and now will live on throughout the history of all elves. The future generations will remember when a great darkness loomed over our people like a thundercloud, and the people were afraid of the dark, for the dark brought death. The mindless slaughter of our own people on Death Night. But no longer, for today we have stood up and fought for a different way. We have fought to change the old ways and herald the new. Today will be remembered as the day, that we stood up, and told the infidels that we would not go quietly into the night. Today, we take back what is ours ! Today, we earn our freedom !

Now, we're running out of time, but the time is still behind us, and when tomorrow cuts the dawn, we'll be gone. But the spirits of your past will echo through the hallways, and the walls we leave behind will breathe our life...

NOW BURN GHROND ! TEAR THIS PLACE APART !

OOC:

Since the site went down in early December, the level of interest in this campaign seems to have waned somewhat, and despite the best efforts of the team leaders, myself and my Team Khaine counterpart, Voodoomaster, I fear that the Civil War is entering its final phases.

Yes we have done well, much better than many of us had hoped. After all, the Cult of Slaanesh represents a small part of the overall membership of the site, just as it does in Druchii society itself.

We must reinforce the watchtowers, and that means leaving Ghrond. We will gain a major fluff victory if nothing else by almost destroying the city on our way out. The Great Temple itself will have been sacked, the statue of Khaine pulled down and broken, and the columns supporting the roof smashed, so that the whole thing ends up as a pile of rubble that will take them months to clear up.

Also, as we leave, the city is burning. All over Ghrond, fires rage out of control as the population either flee or are slaughtered or enslaved by our armies. The Khainist infidels have managed to keep their heartland city after all, but they will inherit a scorched ruin from us. Much of the city will need to be rebuilt, including the massive citadel spire, which although still standing, is now in serious danger of collapse at any time. The general destruction to the supporting structures in combination with the raging fires, has weakened the tower's walls, and the high winds will do the rest, fanning the flames all the time and making it almost impossible to bring the fires under control.

Yes, they will rebuild. Of course they will, but it will take them a long time before Ghrond is restored to the imposing status that it had before this campaign started. The infidels shall rue the day they called us weak. We have proven our strength over the last few months, and our position as a major military power in Naggaroth is assured.

So now we take the spoils of war, in the form of treasures and slaves, back to our homes and our temples. Now we give thanks to Slaanesh for a great victory...
The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever
Nekroskop
Highborn

Post by Nekroskop »

Lady D'ceit, also angered by our recent defeat , accepts the decree by Lonicera. Me Daemons will be set loose upon the inhabitants of Ghrond, and my Devoted will take up the torches and make sure that not Icon of Khaine will remain upright.

Back to the Spire, to make our stand near the wastes, where our power is greatest and our allies nearby.

OOC:
Sorry for being so inactive, but I was away from COmputern and Tabletop for the last two months. I'll try to get some battles in over the next weeks, showing Lady D'ceits way back to the Spire.
I waste him with my boltthrower!
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

And so it was that Lonicera did take her Devoted out of the dark citadel of Ghrond, turning to the amassed troops outside recently arrived from Naggarond to reinforce her taskforce. Standing proud before them she did hold aloft her staff and said "It is done".

And then she led her forces away while the city guard clashed with the Cult army, allowing her to slip away safely into the night.

http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?p=395013#395013

@Nekroskop: Thank you. Unfortunately many of us have been severely limited in our ability to find suitable opponrents and this forum hasn't been as active as I had hoped for.

We cannot win this war, but by Slaanesh I will give those infidels a bloody nose they will never forget !

Lonicera's forces are now heading north to the Spire of Malice and should arrive ahead of the Khainist invasion force from Clar Karond.

(interesting point - why Clar Karond ??? That's the furthest city from the watchtowers - they may have made a tactical error in this, as it will give us the time to mass our forces for the defence of the Spire.

May Slaanesh smile upon you and your armies. May glory be ours and may Khaine fall !
The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever