Translater

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Sneaky
Daemon Prince

Post by Sneaky »

I can't speak authoritatively, but I think that this is EXTREMELY difficult. I'm certain that translating the actual posts will pose huge problems, and the content other than the forums is tiny.
Goodbye.
Imdat tauble
Master Babel Fish
Master Babel Fish

Post by Imdat tauble »

get him/her to go to www.google.com and look up the site there. They have an automatic translator.
Furion
High Sorcerer

Post by Furion »

Forget the French. If they want to start their own website, let them. Encourage them to use web translations tools or speak English.

[this will be reposted upon deletion]
Putting the FUN back into fundamentalism since 1998
Geophrim
Dark Rider
Location: Attempting to become an Executioner through practice in smelly kendo dojo's...AKA Cambridge, MA

Post by Geophrim »

As an ex-translater of Japanese (to English) I can tell you all that translation programs will only get across the minimal gist of what you are attempting to say--often garbling all subtleties. A possible compromise solution would be the selection of certain "article/essay" or "tactics" pieces and just translating those. To translate the whole page would take somebody working full-time (and would cost prohibitive amounts of money).
Geophrim Auvryndar, Dark Warden to the Temple of Khaine in Ghrond, Captain of the "Returners". "BLOOD FOR KHAINE'S CUP!!!"
Nedorus
Warrior

Post by Nedorus »

I completely argee with Furion... there is no need to put up a french translation here. If the french players want their own site, then I'm sure everyone will be glad to help, but this is an international forum where everyone posts in english. Not beeing able to speak english in todays world is crippling at best. Most everyone else here is able post and read in english.

The french government should encourage their people to learn english, instead of discouraging them, and bogging them down with stupid laws. Take the dutch for instance. Every dutch I've ever met and that includes little children, and I'm not exagerating here, was able to speak at least three different languages (besides dutch that is).

Oooops ... maybe I went over the top here a little ... but I do get kind of carried away when it gets to that nationalistic language thing... And before everyone starts thowing shiz at me ... no I'm not a native english speaker either as you can tell by my spelling most of the time ;)

And by the way: there are loads of french Warhammer sites: http://www.warhammer-forum.com/ is one of them.

Nedorus
He who fights may loose, he who doesn't has already lost ---------- Bertolt Brecht

To love victory is easy, to love the fight takes true strength ---------- Dr. James E. Loehr
Harlequinn
Highborn

Post by Harlequinn »

I'd just tell the guy that we don't have a French site because the founder of the site is an American whose native language is English, and when he originally started this thing he had no idea it would be the globe spanning site that we know it as today.

- Mr. Gideon....You're not paying attention.
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

also who the heck wants to spend so much time translating ?! it would be a full time job
Friedmalekith
The Dark Prince

Post by Friedmalekith »

Well, being of French origin I'm pretty confused by your reaction.

Aragon, they play a lot of Warhammer in France, and we play it a lot here in Quebec too. Some of the best painters in the world are in France too.

Anyway, if this person can read this message, I'd be more than happy to help him. Just PM me with the message you want to send in french and I'll do my best to translate it.

Cheers!
FriedMalekith, Lord of Purple
Aragon
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Aragon »

sorry if i affended you but any complaints send them to sureal it runs in blood :cry:
please click on this link to join my KoC army:
http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=9m9ujsa3
Lord Thalack
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Thalack »

Aragon, I've deleted your post. Please refrain from making such comments again.