Tactics by race

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Venkh
Malekith's Best Friend

Tactics by race

Post by Venkh »

How about a separate tactics thread for each opposing race? Might save on the number of "How do i defeat Skaven threads floating around". Not sure on how to cofigure this, just an idea.
Sir fragile
Black Guard

Post by Sir fragile »

It's crazy enough to work.......
Remember kids, if it tastes like tuna, that's GOOD DOLPHIN!
Drasanil
Dru Perim

Post by Drasanil »

Well it could possibly work, but it would also create a whole mess of forums which can end up being as(if not more) impractical, as the perenial "how to beat skaven" thread.
The truth behind the Sundering:
Rork wrote:High Elf: "I'm not fat!"
Dark Elf: "Of course you're not, dear. You've just grown lazy and indolent and wrecked the inheritance for our children!"
High Elf: "I want a divorce."
Z'gahn
The Touch of Death

Post by Z'gahn »

every race is getting it's own anti-tactics article in the quarterly, and when there's anything to add, that can be done on the forum. And those will be far less posts then, so it'll solve eventually
Venkh
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Venkh »

Nice, Ill look out for that, in the mean time ive got this burning question about the Skaven....
Teifion
Teifion of Khemri

Post by Teifion »

And that is.......

!lol!
Venkh
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Venkh »

Sorry i was only joking!
Sorry i missed your smiley! :oops:
Teifion
Teifion of Khemri

Post by Teifion »

Well, maybe it would be a good idea to read all of a reply before you reply to it? Of course I may be wrong, but I think i am right.
Venkh
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Venkh »

Point taken, i will be more careful in future. I am a worm.... "lick"
Teifion
Teifion of Khemri

Post by Teifion »

What do you mean by this.
Venkh wrote:I am a worm.... "lick"
Venkh
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Venkh »

Sorry, just goofing around, its what the Kurgan says to the priest in Highlander (he licks his HAND). I thought you might find it funny.
No offence intended, i hope none taken.
Sneaky
Daemon Prince

Post by Sneaky »

Well, worms don't have tongues (as far as I know). But I suppose I shouldn't get caught in this silly dialogue.
Goodbye.
Comrade igor
Daemon in Disguise

Post by Comrade igor »

sounds like a good idea to expand the site...."most popular WHFB forum in the world" !lol!

Comarde Igor
Best Regards, Comrade Igor.

Where there's a Whip there's a Way
Venkh
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Venkh »

Well, worms don't have tongues (as far as I know).

I think that the Kurgan was speaking figuratively. ;)
Seriously though i would like to see the tactics articles posted here with the opportunity for players to add their own experiences/comments into the mix. This would give new members an opportunity to quickly look up whatever army they are facing. The tacticsarticles in the quarterly are brilliant and i think that they derserve more prominence.
I accept that these suggestions could lead to vast sprawling forums and duplication, but isnt that what the mods are for.
Rgds
Teifion
Teifion of Khemri

Post by Teifion »

I don't take offense from anything on a forum, and any insults I make are all in jest.

So don't worry.
Rafita
Shade

Post by Rafita »

I don't like the idea. there are too many sites in the web where you can find all about the tactics. However it would be a great idea to place a link where you can find how to beat other armies playing DE
Do not seek your opponent's defeat, achive your victory
Sneaky
Daemon Prince

Post by Sneaky »

Let me summarise how Druchii.net expands your Warhammer horizons. In the Quarterly, we have running articles which detail tactics when trying to beat out the other races in Warhammer. The most recent one was about Dwarves. But take a good look at the name of the site. It is DRUCHII.net. This is Dark Elf board for Dark Elf players. We do allow off-topic discussion in one board, and the moderators watch only for controversial topics, as well as the usual flame, spam, copyright infringement, etc. That's technically a bit of a luxury as well, and only because we all love this community and like being able to discuss other things in it. But if you want tactics discussion purely from the point of view of another race, I suggest that you create your own board. You might be able to find existing MSN groups, Yahoo! groups, or other similar personal boards. I know it seems a trifle harsh, but we're not a general Warhammer board. We're a Dark Elf board, period, stop, finish.

I'm going to lock this thread now because I think that useful discussion here has reached its end. Thank you for your suggestion.

Edit: I almost forgot: if you want anti-race tactics (from the point of view of the Druchii ONLY), try posting in the tactics board. There are a lot of great tacticians here, and they'll probably help out. But as long as it's still a Dark Elf matter. Thanks.
Goodbye.