Army Diary Forum

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Army Diary Forum

Post by /\\//\ »

I got the idea for this after going on the Northern Wasters website.

Basically you do a diary of collecting an army and have lots of pictures, information, game coverage, list changes, conversions etc.

http://www.northernwasters.com/forum/vi ... 67752540a6

There's the link to their army diary forum.

Obviously it will have to be moderated to stop people wanting high post counts posting one line posts of how they painted a horses eye etc. If properly regulated though I feel it could be a great step fo this community and a vast expansion on the painting and modelling aspect of the hobby.
Insanity_shade
Dark Rider

Post by Insanity_shade »

Looks like a good idea. Although a lot of it is covered here already, just split up into different forums such as P+M, Druchii History, Army Lists and Battle Reports.
Sneaky
Daemon Prince

Post by Sneaky »

I'm inclined to agree with Insanity_Shade. It's alright if a few members, like The Monarch, do this sort of thing. But if there's a forum for 6000+ users to all do it, no one's going to keep track. If you really want to do something like that, you can get a livejournal account and use it for Warhammer related activities.
Goodbye.
Z'gahn
The Touch of Death

Post by Z'gahn »

maybe not make it a forum, but somekind of 'database' attached to the member's account.
that way, people can't boost post-count with it, and so it dusn't have to be modded that much, I assume.
And then maybe the Monthly can do a monthly spotlight on one of the armies.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Z'Gahn wrote:maybe not make it a forum, but somekind of 'database' attached to the member's account.
that way, people can't boost post-count with it, and so it dusn't have to be modded that much, I assume.
And then maybe the Monthly can do a monthly spotlight on one of the armies.
Sounds like a waste of valuable bandwidth to me... I prefere to keep it as we have now. I'm against the suggestion. All the parts of this diary can be split into seperate parts and posted in the right forums. If the poster wishes, he can post links to older BatReps or something to tie it all together.

- Nag
Dyne
Beastmaster
Location: waiting behind you, about to stab you wit.........wait, ewwww!

Post by Dyne »

to me, it sounds perfect for the monthely. if someone could do like a variant list, perhaps a tok list toi coincide with the druchii.net campaign. i for one reallyenjoyed paul sawyers version in WD , and i thionk it would be a great addition
Everyone wrote:You know, High Elfs really suck
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Dyne wrote:to me, it sounds perfect for the monthely. if someone could do like a variant list, perhaps a tok list toi coincide with the druchii.net campaign. i for one reallyenjoyed paul sawyers version in WD , and i thionk it would be a great addition
A Temple of Khaine list will be produced for the Campaign by members on this site. It is soon to be revealed to the public if I've understood it correctly (so don't take my word for it). Keep your eyes attached to the Flesh & Blood forum for more details (or on the actual website www.druchiicampaign.net ).

EDIT: .net Thanks Slave

- Nag
Last edited by Nagathi on Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

Actually, it was www.druchiicampaign.net ;).

As for the idea, I think we have enough forums, and there's enough place for that. Ash's done a good job, to finish it off he could post some pics (if he didn't do that already) and there you go. There's no need for a new forum.