9th Age Combat Calculator

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

jimmygrill
Slave (off the Altar)

Re: 9th Age Combat Calculator

Post by jimmygrill »

Daeron wrote:The re-roll successful rolls will get implemented soon. I'm still working on the battle focus, but as I was working out the math I noticed it has a peculiar problem in combination with poison.

Which brings me to the question:
What if you have battle focus and/or poison on a 7+?
I assume:
* Roll for 7+
* 7+ triggers both poison and battle focus

Yes.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

jimmygrill wrote:Technically, such situations are possible with specific combinations of special rules and spells. I don't know if I would bother to cover this tbh...

Though rare, it may actually break my model.

Battle Focus is the most peculiar one, especially in combination with Poison. I was about to implement Battle Focus as "just another attack", when I realised my implementation could lead to outcomes with more than 100% chance to occur. The reason was an imperfect combination with poison.
Although the 2 rules don't have a lot of influence on each other on the table, statistically they are joined as a single outcome, forcing the additional hit from battle focus to be calculated with a poison in conjunction to remain statistically correct.

It's proving an interesting challenge :D
It will get done, battle focus included.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Done. I added:
* Re-roll successful hits
* Battle Focus
The combination of Poison and BattleFocus leads to 1 Poison hit and 1 extra hit from battle focus

I added place-holders for re-rolls of successful wounds and armour saves, but they have yet to be implemented.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
jimmygrill
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by jimmygrill »

Excellent changes so far, esp. battle focus 8)

I noticed one more simplification that could be done, while re-rolling 1s exists in the game in several instances, re-rolling 1s&2s does not - so removing this option would make sense, and would increase ease of use.
Math-CD
Slave on the Altar

Post by Math-CD »

Hi,

I love the tool and use it a lot for my video battle reports but unfortunately the outcome images are not displayed on the tool...

When I try to open the result in a new tab I receive the following message: "the page is not available for the moment".

I have tried with multiple computers, smartphones and navigators. No difference it doesn't work everywhere. Is it just me or anybody having the same issues?

I am waiting for it to work again in order to add some stats to my next video battle report so i hope a solution will be found soon.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Salut, Math-CD, et bienvenue dans ce qu'il reste de Druchii.net.

May I suggest to send a PM to Daeron, the author of the calculator - and administrator of the site?
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Math-CD
Slave on the Altar

Post by Math-CD »

Sure I will do it. thanks mate!
Math-CD
Slave on the Altar

Post by Math-CD »

I am not aware there is any similar calculator elsewhere. maybe you are @Calisson?
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

No, this calculator was made by Daeron very skillfully, I am not aware of anything similar elsewhere.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Math-CD
Slave on the Altar

Post by Math-CD »

Yeah the tool is amazing. I hope I will get an answer from him soon because I really like to include those stats in my battle reports
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Greetings Math. Sorry for taking time to answer. I rehosted the website here: https://diceengine.com/
It has a newer version of the code, but all the same calculators are available.

PS: if you wish to use the graphs in videos etc, you are most welcome. Let me know if there is something I can do to make them easier to use or easier to integrate.

- The stiff breeze