Awards

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Jargobae
Terror of the South

Post by Jargobae »

YES. then again im not admin. :cry:

oh well just pester them
Do you hate Malekith?

Are you interested in seeing the overthrow of his incompetence to be replaced by a system capable of taking Ulthuan back??

Join the spirit of Lakulei today - PM me now!
Kitrik
Fearless Leader of the "Cult of Kitrik"

Post by Kitrik »

I've been pestered... lol...

But - I'm not in charge of many of the community aspects around here. My job = keep the site running and keep new code coming.

I think awards are a good idea, if not a rip-off of Ulthuan.org. If I can get the A-OK from other Admins (DA - Imdat - Vorchild?), I will help you implement it. Just tell me what to do!

I think we need some more community response to this as well. Is it a good idea? Bad idea? Etc...

Kitrik
Imdat tauble
Master Babel Fish
Master Babel Fish

Post by Imdat tauble »

i put it in the great idea category myself. we could have funny awards too like 'best death in the RPG' :P
Z'gahn
The Touch of Death

Post by Z'gahn »

k, i've got a more detailed version of the idea here;

There are two kinds of awards: Golden-, Silver-, and Bronze Khaine are for poeple who've done something special for the druchii community, and medals for people who have personally done something special, like having their story published in the Quarterly and stuff like that. (each different accomplishment requires a different medal)

Each three month's, the community may nominate people for Khaines and Medals, and then a commity chooses who eventually get the awards. They may also nominate people themselfs, but only for medals.

All 'winners' will be announced in the Quarterly, and then, some days after the Quarterly comes out, those people get a little picture of a medal or Khaine in there side-bar.
Imdat tauble
Master Babel Fish
Master Babel Fish

Post by Imdat tauble »

i like, i like...

but 2 things:

voting will have to be private (somehow) and how are we gonna have the community vote for things like stories to be published in the monthly when the monthly stuff isn't public till the monthly comes out???
Decheran
Evil Henchman

Post by Decheran »

What about a poll where the results can't be seen? I don't think it would be too hard to do, would it? We could have a ballot for each type of award, like best story. In the post are numbered nominees. Like: Story 1: Author-Joe Shmoe, Titled-How The Grinch Stole Christmas, The Bloody Aftermath. Then it would have the story. The poll would just have options like: Story 1-Joe Shmoe, Story 2-Jane Doe, Story 3.... Know what Im saying?

For the awards, i think we should have a Purple Khaine, for the most devestating defeat (it has to be ligit), and a Red Khaine for the most devestating victory. And perhaps the Medal of the Exterminator, for the general who has done the most in the area of High Elf extermination (ie, most and most brutal victories against HE). Just some ideas to throw around the office.
"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
-Carl Sagan
Z'gahn
The Touch of Death

Post by Z'gahn »

Those are nice ideas, and they may get included (twisted, probably) in future updates, but the idea has already been developed and kitrik is busy researching The Code to find out how to get it in.
Decheran
Evil Henchman

Post by Decheran »

I like putting in my ideas, even if they are 1 month and 1 day late :D
"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
-Carl Sagan
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

It wouldn't be copying Ulthuan.org, because Portent.net came up with the idea long before. One important thing to consider is how common or otherwise we want the awards to be. Also, I think admins and heads of initiatives should not be eligible, since we are really just doing our job. It would be stupid for me to get an award every time the CoP published something in the Quarterly, for example.
"Sometimes, Brother... I dream that I am sane." - Uros the Faceless

Some of my minis - now on Imgur rather than Photosuckit.
Z'gahn
The Touch of Death

Post by Z'gahn »

As much as i'd like to discuss this, there's really no point in doing so, as Imdat and I already have discussed about it thoroughly and formed a plan, and Imdat is discussing the last points with the other admins.

Just keep your eyes out for the next quarterly, there's an introduction article in there.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

I hope so!