Could we get a "Print" Function?

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lord malal
Executioner

Could we get a "Print" Function?

Post by Lord malal »

I know I really appreciate the boards that give that option. I skim the boards while at work and when I come across something that takes a little more depth, I like to print it out and read it at my leisure. I can then take the time to formulate a constructive response.

I would find a "Print this Thread" or "Print this Post" to be VERY helpful and a further upgrade in user-friendlyness.
Nightblood
Noble

Post by Nightblood »

If you are using Internet Explorer like I am using, you can either click the "print" button on the tool bar, or go into "File" and then "Print" to print the page.

If you don't have those option for some reason, you can always hit "Ctrl-P" to print the page. If you are on a mac, I can't help you there.

By using the File-Print option, I just printed the page. I'm sure that a print feature would be good, but in the mean time you can certainly use one of these options.

Thanks!
Lord malal
Executioner

Post by Lord malal »

Yes I can print from my brouser but it has an annoying tendancy to take the ENTIRE page starting left to right and usually cuts off the text on the right. That's the reason you frequently find a "printer friendly" option on some web sites.

That's what I would like, instead of having to highlight and "print selection" everytime just to preserve the text of each post.
Dungeon_god
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dungeon_god »

If you are using IE, you can select the text you want to print, go to print, and choose "print selection"

Or, cut and paste into word...

And....you just said that-damn. Sorry.

I know what you are talking about though-a system that would pop open a new window and show only the text of the thread. Not bad, but not sure how hard it would be to implement, as I know about as much PhP as I do about cooking-and, trust me, you don't want me cooking!
Well, time WOULD be nice...
And, Storm of Chaos is here. Are you ready?
Lord malal
Executioner

Post by Lord malal »

Yes,
A new pop-up window with only the thread Text would be great!
Seraphlaw
Druchii Archangel

Post by Seraphlaw »

perhaps a "printable version" option like the many pages...
Seraphlaw

"HA! What damage can a DRUCHII do?" - Famous Last Words