news!?!?!?

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

R4v3n
Executioner
Location: at home. on my computer. playing counter-strike source. or maybe World of Warcraft.

news!?!?!?

Post by R4v3n »

Hey guys. I've been away from the hobby for a while.. Haven't even been getting white dwarf anymore :(...

So whats been happening around the hobby and the site? Anything important that i should know about? Say... army book releases or even new models? :D :D I can hope cant I?

cheers and hey again to everyone!
this post was brought to you by R4V3N !D34Z™. a registered trademark of idiots.inc
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

new edition of warhammer rulebook and heaps and heaps of new cheesy armies: eg. orks, imps, dwarfs, woodelves
and we´re still waiting for our new book and perhaps a bit of new miniatures as well (we can always dream !lol! )
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
R4v3n
Executioner
Location: at home. on my computer. playing counter-strike source. or maybe World of Warcraft.

Post by R4v3n »

well when i had to abandon ship.. i think empire was just released?

oh and anything interesting happened tactically as well...?
this post was brought to you by R4V3N !D34Z™. a registered trademark of idiots.inc
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

there´s a couple of topics on the new rules and useful formations here like MSU.
yes, empire (i just call them imps) were just released
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Empire were the last army to be released for this edition...so either you've been out of the game for 7 years or 7 weeks.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
R4v3n
Executioner

Post by R4v3n »

7 weeks? its been a lot longer than that! at least 3 months!
Bonemagus
Cold One Knight

Post by Bonemagus »

Well its more like 7-8 months but still that isn't a very long period to have been out of the game and needing a quick and dirty update on what has changed...

Only major thing I can think of is model wise with a new Empire Wizard box that is customizeable plastic is out. As are a new plastic Flagette Unit and some various war machine things like the Hellblaster/Rocket Battery Box. I know there are a few other models but those are the ones that just came out.

Also the Asur (High Elves) are getting an new book around the November Timeline.
Venkh
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Venkh »

High elves are coming out in November with some amazing models
40k chaos is coming out in September with some stunning and revolutionary releases. Plastic spawn, plastic posessed, loads and loads of gribbly bits.
Aplocolypse will be coming out towards the end of the year, looks excellent.

The empire players round my way are all using 2 steam tanks and a War altar. Very, very, hard to deal with, even with a dragon army.

Druchii army book unlikely to be one of the next 2 releases after high elves. The most reliable rumors point to VC and Chaos.