Female Empire BattleWizard?

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lord ruerl of harganeth
Beastmaster
Location: Searching Ulthuan for my wife's murderer (New Zealand actually)

Female Empire BattleWizard?

Post by Lord ruerl of harganeth »

For my Empire army i am planning on having a Female as my Battle Wizard. Looking at the army book it doesn't say anything about this. but do you think it could happen? Fluff wise she is the wife of my captain (1,000pt general) and the sister of my Grand Master (2,000pt general).
"Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, I will have my Venegance"
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

Sure it can work. The empire has no laws about who is allowed to be a sorcerer and who isn't (at least none that would stop a female from being a wizard). In the latest Gotrek and Felix book (Elfslayer) there is a female seeress who is also capable of casting spells. And the brettonians have damsels (technically not empire, but similar enough to imply that there would be female wizards in the empire, I'd say). And brettonian damsels on foot are beautiful models, so why not use them?

HUZZAH!
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

The brettonian damsels in the old fluff were trained in the colleges of magic, it's just changed since the last edition or two.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Lord ruerl of harganeth
Beastmaster
Location: Searching Ulthuan for my wife's murderer (New Zealand actually)

Post by Lord ruerl of harganeth »

hey thanks. I was using a Lahmien vampire to reprsent a female mage but i find no matter how i paint her she still looks like a vampire. I bought the empire wizard box to make a necromancer and looked at maybe giving her one of those collar things but immedatiely decided against it because it made her look to vampirey. I'll probably take your advice and get a damsel model, even though fluff wise she did have short hair and a cat (the main reasons i got the vampire model) but fluff can change.
"Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, I will have my Venegance"
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Rabidnid »

Lord Ruerl of HarGaneth wrote:hey thanks. I was using a Lahmien vampire to reprsent a female mage but i find no matter how i paint her she still looks like a vampire. I bought the empire wizard box to make a necromancer and looked at maybe giving her one of those collar things but immedatiely decided against it because it made her look to vampirey. I'll probably take your advice and get a damsel model, even though fluff wise she did have short hair and a cat (the main reasons i got the vampire model) but fluff can change.

No reason why she can't be a vampire either. There are lots of lawful vampires in the empire. There is a whole pile of books on one who's name I've forgotten.
"Luck is the residue of design"
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Genevieve the Eternal

Great books from rather early days of Warhammer (3rd edition perhaps?)
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16