Bad Dice Podcast - Warhammer 8th Edition Review

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Benji
Malekith's Personal Guard

Bad Dice Podcast - Warhammer 8th Edition Review

Post by Benji »

WARHAMMER IS HERE!!! Well not quite just yet, but we have read the book, played some games and now we will talk all about it!

In episode 38 we dissect the 8th edition rulebook, this was a live show with a packed chatroom and some great questions coming in from the guys at home. After the show we recorded 45 mins Snake Eyes episode

We have 3 competitions, first up you can win a copy of 8th edition by writing a battle report and posting it on the Snake eyes forums.

Mantic Games are giving away £50 worth of products to one lucky listener, all you have to do is visit the Mantic Games blog, find the special bad dice password and email it to bencurry@baddice.co.uk

Finally we have a copy of Unseen Lerker magazine to give away to a random snake eyes sign-up between now and the next episode.

Join the Bad Dice Snake Eyes club on Rankings HQ

You can now get us on your iPhone with The Bad Dice Podcast App from the iTunes store

Make sure you become fans of the show on Facebook and Twitter as we post all our comings and goings on there regularly!

Direct Download
Subscribe to us on iTunes
http://www.baddice.co.uk
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Had the book in my hands today, great pocast guys, you were unsure in a few places I have fresh information on.

Miscast and Irresistble force: Naturally occurs only together, but specific magic items can make them happen separately (there are two short paragraph exactly on that subject)

Flying: There was nothing about choosing mode of movement, but fliers always flee and pursue using their ground movement value.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Enkiel
Assassin

Post by Enkiel »

I might have to relisten to the podcast, but there was something about how charge works that i never heard before. Something about doing one completely then another?
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Yes, the order now is as follows.

Declare charge 1 on target A.
Declare reaction to charge 1.
Resolve reaction to charge 1.
Declare charge 2 on target A.
Declare reaction to charge 2 (can only stand and shoot once).
Resolve reaaction to charge 2.
Declare charge 3 on target B.
Declare reaction to charge 3.
Resolve reaction to charge 3.
Once all charges are declared and reactions resolved.
Move chargers in any order you like.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Diederikiii
Shade

Post by Diederikiii »

Great podcast, just want to say how frustrated I got when I saw the retail prive for the new rule book.

60 Euro's omg GW what deamon of capitalisme is hiding in you :(
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

DiederikIII wrote:60 Euro's omg GW what deamon of capitalisme is hiding in you :(

You're getting off easy mate. In australia we're paying a whopping 125 dollars (or some such). I'm done with local shops in Oz altogether. I'm ordering online from the UK (Maelstrom for example). Period. Australian GW business management has had a beer or two too much and more than a bit too much sun as well, I'll wager. Same goes for a fire prism... 100 bucks :shock: In the UK I get that for just under 50. Odd. I've never seen that sort of international price discrepancy in any system. Smells like bad management. A lot.
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.