Quick Question (regarding rules)

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Acebob58
Slave on the Altar

Quick Question (regarding rules)

Post by Acebob58 »

Greetings,
I played Warhammer back in the 6th edition days and a bit in 7th. I'm picking up the hobby again and have read through the rules but I have a few questions.

1) During combat, say my unit of 20 goblins is up against an enemy unit of 20 swordsmen. Each unit is 5 file but 4 rank. The models that can attack are the front rank and second rank of both units (neither side has spears and neither side is a horde). Now say he kills 4 of my goblins, does this mean that I receive four less attacks? The rulebook seems to be contradictory about this saying that models killed do not get to attack, but other models will take their place. So, assuming that I don't loose enough to affect my second rank, I still get to do the front rank and second rank (as supporting)?

2) The rulebook mentions that their is a difference between dispelling with a wizard and dispelling with the army, but I haven't been able to find any mention of a difference except for the fact that the dispell attempt wouldn't get a bonus equal to the level of the wizard attempting to dispell.

Thanks ahead of time.
Tundrik
Trainee Warrior

Post by Tundrik »

Welcome back :)

1) Your units now get to step up so in the case you mention you would still get your front rank and supporting attacks. Killed models don't get to attack as their dead. But other people step up to fill their place and fight.

2) The only difference is that a lvl 4 gets to add +4 to his dispell efforts but if he fails to dispell he cannot attempt to dispell anymore that phase. So you then use your army dispell which is just what you roll no bonus at all. But even if you fail to dispell with the army you can keep trying unlike the lvl4.

Hope this helps.

Andy
We need more slaves !
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

Welcome back! Good questions. I didn't realize the answer to the second actually played out that way. Thanks for the clarification Tundrik.
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0