Animosity 6- Scales of the North

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Silic
Noble

Animosity 6- Scales of the North

Post by Silic »

Everything changes, given time. Lives so furiously lived become meaningless as time stretches out and generations come and go while the world turns around them. Empires live and die as the people who birthed them change or vanish altogether. Step back far enough and these too become trivial as the world itself shifts like a slumbering beast, its surface slowly drifting across the ocean as the fire at its heart rumbles and growls.

Yet all history was lived once, all wars and the end of all Empires fought by someone. Blood freely given in the vain hope of survival. For a people. For a Nation. For a way of life.

The folks over at Animosity Campaigns have announced the next installment of the Animosity series! Animosity 6- Scales of the North, will begin in January 2012 and continue the amazing story of Animosity as six factions struggle for control of a new, expanding world. But can the passions and thirst of some conquer the thick, twisted roots of others?

You can view the trailer here.

Register at AnimosityCampaigns.com.
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

Thought that I would add that judging from past experience (and secret play testing knowledge) this promises to be a great campaign.
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Silic
Noble

Post by Silic »

If you've ever been curious about online campaigns and what they are all about, now is the time to check it out. The players are great about answering any questions you may have, and the GM team always puts on a great show.

Look for more faction information to be released in the near future.
Silic
Noble

Post by Silic »

The Dwarf and Greenskin teaser is now up on the Animosity website. The Kislevite and Sigmarite teasers are still up as well, and look for the release of the faction biographies in the near future!
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

The background for all six factions is now up and registration for the campaign is open.

Its worth noting that you are not required to play games to take part, you can also write fluff or submit pictures of models you are painting/converting. This also means that you are not restricted to playing an army you have models for, always wanted to run a Kislev army but unwilling to spend £20 on 3 models? Then this is your chance.

Seriously guys these campaigns are a lot of fun so please do join in and I hope to see you there.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Not bad background but nothing for elves, a shame really. I suppose it is difficult to come up with good reasons for all the factions to be there.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

It is, also there has been a historically low presence of elves, particularly Dark Elves which makes it hard for the GMs to justify taking the risk to give us a specific faction, that combined with low turnout by bad guys in general tends to see us lumped into one generic faction.

HOWEVER, there are plenty of ways to justify including a Dark Elf in this campaign, I myself am running one. For example you could go the whole Cult of Slaanesh vibe or for your generic run of the mill Druchii then I'm sure Malekith could see some advantage to keeping Chaos present as a major threat to the Empire, Dwarfs and High Elves.

Also taking part now gives us more leverage to ask for a specific Dark Elf faction in the future.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

What is the generic one this time? A mad skaven is hardly going to win anything but contempt from even the lowliest Druchii. I would be fine with Chaos but most wouldn't. Anyway I am not particulaly arguing in favour of anything, more remarking on the lack. It is a simple trouble of geography I suppose, things are worse for Lizardmen, Tomb Kings and Vampires.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

The generic baddies faction is the Unbowed, Skaven have a devoted enough player base to justify their own faction.

I hope I didn't come across as being too defensive I just wanted to explain the reason for the lack and how it can be rectified in the future.

Also as their are already two Druchii in the faction, me and one other, I'm sure there would be an opportunity to work in a Druchii subplot for anyone who is interested, especially as there are four GMs dedicated to roleplaying with individual players.

Hopefully I'll see you and some others over on the Animosity forums.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Silic
Noble

Post by Silic »

If you can't fit your druchii character idea into any of the faction comfortably, maybe look at this as an opportunity to experiment with an army or character you have always wanted to play. Remember, the army you report as does not need to be the army you RP as.