New upcomming Chaos Warrior releases

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

van Awful
Highborn

New upcomming Chaos Warrior releases

Post by van Awful »

Nec spe, nec metu

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

I like the new miniatures, maybe with the exception of the forsaken. Maybe I finally will get some WoC miniatures done for the new Army Book.
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10
van Awful
Highborn

Post by van Awful »

yeah, i sort regret the fact that i sold all my warriors instead of all my beasts when they broke up the army! They came up with a lot(not all though) cool stuff after that. From the marauder horse men and chaos knights right up to Scyla and now finally decent looking dragon Ogres (Although i think they'll probably look better with gerat weapons). It's turning out to be great looking army!
Nec spe, nec metu

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Amarok
Executioner

Post by Amarok »

Thanks for sharing mate. Some nice looking stuff there (although some less so). Looking forward to having a closer look.

Best crack on with my Druchii so I can perhaps pick up a kit or two :) The Lord looks particularly nice...

Cheers

- Amarok
Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.
Such a heavy burden now to be the One.
Born to bear and bring to all the details of our ending,
To write it down for all the world to see...

But I forgot my pen...
Lady kaerlith
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Lady kaerlith »

Trogg looks pretty amazing. I have to agree with the author, though; I'm not a huge fan of the new Warriors themselves.
Prince fabulas
Cold One Knight

Post by Prince fabulas »

I am excited about them redoing the magic lores especially slaanesh.

Although there is high potential of screw ups (e.g. overpowered dwellers type spells).

The current WoC book slaanesh magic had too many spells ineffective against immune to psychology troops to make it work in a tournament setting.

I really enjoyed the sublety of moving enemy units causing havoc across their battle line.
Samusin
Executioner
Location: see that shadow behind you?? thats where I'm hidden...

Post by Samusin »

:P want some new lizmen and druchii again :P so many ugly ones with them
8th edition Dark Elves w/d/l
2/4/3

still getting started, so don't mind that loses, they where sacrificed for the greater good xD
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

Lady Kaerlith wrote:Trogg looks pretty amazing. I have to agree with the author, though; I'm not a huge fan of the new Warriors themselves.

Those are Forsaken. Not new Warriors. They are not redoing the warrior models. Player love them. They rank up so neatly and really capture the spirit of barbaric warriors of power. :)
Tyrannus deathbringer
Noble

Post by Tyrannus deathbringer »

Nice find van Awful.

Some impressive mini's, though it looks like the developers have gotten a little too taken with the movie Prometheus :P
"All who surrender will be enslaved; whoever does not surrender but opposes with struggle and dissension, shall be annihilated."
Lady kaerlith
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Lady kaerlith »

Gidean wrote:
Lady Kaerlith wrote:Trogg looks pretty amazing. I have to agree with the author, though; I'm not a huge fan of the new Warriors themselves.

Those are Forsaken. Not new Warriors. They are not redoing the warrior models. Player love them. They rank up so neatly and really capture the spirit of barbaric warriors of power. :)

Ah ok, much better. I'll definitely give them credit in that regard, I've built a Chaos Warrior army and despite how obnoxious the models appear, they really do fit together beautifully.
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

I like the new dragon warriors, and the Troll king looks cool, but I agree on the forsaken (althrough they kinda supose to look like that, I'll stick with some dark eldar, and chaos space marine and murader bit bashing if I get into them.

The chariots I feel so so, but holy crap they get a monsterous chariot.

And more monsters? Oh, this is going to hurt, isn't it.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Leduwob
Warrior

Post by Leduwob »

Awesome
Nobody likes us ... WE DONT CARE
Ming
Black Guard

Post by Ming »

Dragon Ogres are a real improvement.

I don't like the chariots, 'cause they seem not so barbabric anymore.
Vilitch and the plastic Chaos Lord are very interesting.
The forsakens image isn't so clear.
They are promising but I can't really see them well.
I'll wait to see the rest in greater detail in order to express my opinion
... and Justice for all!!!

.... and enthusiast member of the league of extraordinary druchii gentlemen
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

Hmmm... so here is where we find the new stuff

Core:
- Forsaken
- Chariots

Special:
- Dragon Ogres
- Chariots
- Warshrine
- Chimera
- Hellstriders

Rare:
- Slaughterbrute / Mutalith
- Skullcrushers

I'm kinda surprised at the Chimera being special. The warshrine being special means that it will probably not be as good to have plenty of them... one or two being enough for the auras and such.

Chariots as core and special, means that the stronger ones will most likely be special while the more normal ones can be used as core I guess.

It'll be easy to make monsterish cavalry army as WoC now at least :)
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Even more monstrous cavalry then? *shudder*
It's a rock paper scissors game, but I often resent models with blown up stats as they lack weaknesses. It's too much of a "rock, paper, scissors, Atom bomb!" game where you can only stop the enemy from blowing his nukes by disabling his hand.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

Omnichron wrote:Hmmm... so here is where we find the new stuff

Core:
- Forsaken
- Chariots

Special:
- Dragon Ogres
- Chariots
- Warshrine
- Chimera
- Hellstriders

Rare:
- Slaughterbrute / Mutalith
- Skullcrushers

I'm kinda surprised at the Chimera being special. The warshrine being special means that it will probably not be as good to have plenty of them... one or two being enough for the auras and such.

Chariots as core and special, means that the stronger ones will most likely be special while the more normal ones can be used as core I guess.

It'll be easy to make monsterish cavalry army as WoC now at least :)

Have Chaos Ogres been eliminated then? You know, the two legged variety?
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

@Gidean: No, I just went through the new stuff, the ogres are still there at their site, so is all the other stuff they had earlier as far as I can see. :)
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

Omnichron wrote:@Gidean: No, I just went through the new stuff, the ogres are still there at their site, so is all the other stuff they had earlier as far as I can see. :)

No guarantee. GW will sell a model until the very day the book is released and no longer legal. Guess we need to wait. I can see Chaos Trolls staying (because of Trogg) but I think Ogres will hit the cut list. Otherwise they'll have too many troop types.
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

At the same time Ogre Kingdomes dosn't have a chaos ogre slot but do mention chaos ogres so the my stick around.

edit-just took a look at the dragon warriors and different weapon options the pictures GW had. If I had to guess, 2 hand weapons, great weapons, and either haburds or spears can be options.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

Interesting to see what they are getting now...

The Chimeras can be compared to a flying hydra without hatred. You can go with the basics for a higher cost than the hydra without any regen and firebreathing... or add the two latter and cost about a hundred more pts. They can also upgrade some poison stuff on their tail. No idea about what that does though.

Frenzied marauder hordes with GWs are something that we won't see much anymore. Their cost is much higher in the new edition. Also, the halberds upgrades for the warriors of chaos is higher, so we might see more normal handweapon and shields on them... As the marks are pts per model, we might see more MSU units.

Forsaken seems weak as they cost a lot for too much randomness. They got a nice movement though, so maybe some MSU units of them would work nicely.

Chosen and Chaos knights is much like the good old ones, although the latter comes without the escrolled weapons... you can get lances or enscrolled weapons for extra cost.

Hellstriders seems quite good imo. Fast and quite nicely costed... close to our dark riders in cost actually (without RxBs that is), with more movement. I'd field them if I had a WoC list, although they are special choice.

Chaos trolls are much cheaper than the original, and a bit weaker... I think they are perfectly balanced as you'll get plenty of them and a lot of bang for the buck.

Gorebeast chariot: Tough one with quite nice armor and strong attacks... however, it's really slow and costs more than the original chariots. Seems pretty balanced.

The Dragon Ogres are still mostly rumors… seems like they are a bit cheaper, nice strength and able to have great weapons… these guys can really wreak through armor and things with high toughness. They can be a bit voulnerable though, so I’m not sure how well they’ll work… Time will tell.

Skullcrushers… slightly easier to wound, but can take more wounds. Stronger on the offense, these guys improved! But at a much higher price. They were kinda undepriced in the past, but seems to be better priced now. You won’t see several big units of these now at least, but I think they have balanced them more correctly.

Daemonprinces… are awesome. A smaller version of the greater daemons and actually something that can be used now. The examples I’ve seen have lots of high strength attacks, good armor saves and might regain wounds. The gifts looks good, the equipment also… I guess these guys will be able to stand up against the most pimped up vampire lords with about the same cost.

So, what does this mean for dark elves? Well, chariots can be core and warhounds are included in core as well… so we might meet a quite mobile army with warhounds, chariots, skullcrushers, chimeras, a daemonprince, sorcerers on disc. Sounds very tough to take down, especially in tournaments where magic gets restricted.
Last edited by Omnichron on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming
Black Guard

Post by Ming »

Omnichron wrote:Interesting to see what they are getting now...

The Chimeras can be compared to a flying hydra without hatred. You can go with the basics for a higher cost than the hydra without any regen and firebreathing... or add the two latter and cost about a hundred more pts. They can also upgrade some poison stuff on their tail. No idea about what that does though.

Frenzied marauder hordes with GWs are something that we won't see much anymore. Their cost is much higher in the new edition. Also, the halberds upgrades for the warriors of chaos is higher, so we might see more normal handweapon and shields on them... As the marks are pts per model, we might see more MSU units.

Forsaken seems weak as they cost a lot for too much randomness. They got a nice movement though, so maybe some MSU units of them would work nicely.

Chosen and Chaos knights is much like the good old ones, although the latter comes without the escrolled weapons... you can get lances or enscrolled weapons for extra cost.

Hellstriders seems quite good imo. Fast and quite nicely costed... close to our dark riders in cost actually, with more movement. I'd field them if I had a WoC list, although they are special of course.

Chaos trolls are much cheaper than the original, and a bit weaker... I think they are perfectly balanced as you'll get plenty of them and a lot of bang for the buck.

Gorebeast chariot: Tough one with quite nice armor and strong attacks... however, it's really slow and costs more than the original chariots. Seems pretty balanced.

The Dragon Ogres are still mostly rumors… seems like they are a bit cheaper, nice strength and able to have great weapons… these guys can really wreak through armor and things with high toughness. They can be a bit voulnerable though, so I’m not sure how well they’ll work… Time will tell.

Skullcrushers… slightly easier to wound, but can take more wounds. Stronger on the offense, these guys improved! But at a much higher price. They were kinda undepriced in the past, but seems to be better priced now. You won’t see several big units of these now at least, but I think they have balanced them more correctly.

Daemonprinces… are awesome. A smaller version of the greater daemons and actually something that can be used now. The examples I’ve seen have lots of high strength attacks, good armor saves and might regain wounds. The gifts looks good, the equipment also… I guess these guys will be able to stand up against the most pimped up vampire lords with about the same cost.

So, what does this mean for dark elves? Well, chariots can be core and warhounds are included in core as well… so we might meet a quite mobile army with warhounds, chariots, skullcrushers, chimeras, a daemonprince, sorcerers on disc. Sounds very tough to take down, especially in tournaments where magic gets restricted.

Does it also mean that we'll see less Worriors of Chaos on foot?
I can see that monsters and monstruos cav. escalation, but WoC without WoC units seems a little weird to me...

Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

Ming wrote:Does it also mean that we'll see less Worriors of Chaos on foot?
I can see that monsters and monstruos cav. escalation, but WoC without WoC units seems a little weird to me...

It's too soon to say really... the book isn't out yet, but the WoC can go for a troops kinda of army, an all cavalry army, an all monsters army. They can fill up their army with VERY good armor saves (a bit like they could before, but more viable now than before imo), or they can go for softer and faster army... Even more mobile than ours in the most extreme.

From the rumors and what I've actually seen of pictures directly out from the book, the new WoC is very strong, but also more costly than before. I guess those most extreme lists can be very hit or miss. You might make an army that is almost impossible to kill for certain lists, and "easy" to kill for others.

Also, your champions might become daemonprinces with some nice rolls on the EOTG table... So, a troop army with lots of champions sounds interesting too, even though the chances of getting lots of daemonprinces might be slim.
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

Another rumor I didn't want to believe, but a friend of mine says it's more or less confirmed:

Golden Eyes of Tzeentch (Only for Tzeentch chars) is very cheap and gives you a reroll on the results of 1 on your ward saves... and as you can get 3+ ward with tzeentch, you're more or less unkillable. Against shooting attacks, you get almost the same as 2+/2++ then, with T4 as well :roll:

I'm pretty sure a panda died of shock somewhere because of that one... damn you GW!

Maybe we'll still have our pendant in the next book after all! :P
Ming
Black Guard

Post by Ming »

Thanks for your explanation.
It seems I have to buy some stuff after new WoC hit the shelves...

Lepaca
Shade

Post by Lepaca »

Acquiescence is one damn cool spell. Hex with 24"/48" range. Target gets ASL and random movement 1d6. You can basically slow down the enemies most powerful melee block or even force their warmachines to move!