2500 WoC list: uncomped, all-comers.

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

El hombre
Executioner

2500 WoC list: uncomped, all-comers.

Post by El hombre »

so, this is it. The list I'll have to buy, assemble and paint by august 2015. It's a 2500-pts list, ment for an uncomped environment to play against dwarves, empire, orcs, vampire counts and dark elves, and the other (as yet un-known) races my friends are planning.

Lords
Lvl4 Sorcerer, Mark of Tzeentch, chaos familiar, talisman of preservation, disc of tzeentch, dispell scroll.
saves 3+,3++. Ment to fly around and be everywhere where needed, using metal lore.

Heroes
Exalted Hero of Tzeentch, barded daemonic mount, BSB, scaled skin, great weapon, armour of destiny.
saves 1+, 3++. Basic BSB, to add punch in combats. To stay with the army.

Exalted Hero of Tzeentch, barded daemonic mount, 3rd eye of tzeentch, talisman of endurance, charmed shield, sword of might. GENERAL
saves 1+, 4++ (with RR of 1). Will go with the trolls, but can go solo if needed. (warmachines and the like)

Core
5 chaos warhounds
always come in handy, I think...
1 chaos chariot, mark of slaanesh
to roam a flank, hence the mark. can go for chaff or warmachines.
5 marauder horsemen, mark of slaanesh, spears
5 marauder horesemen, mark of slaanesh, flails
both same purposes, chaff. Different kit due to points lacking to give them both flails...
15 Warriors of chaos, Mark of Nurgle, Shields, Halberds, Full command.
combat block 1. Able to hold off pretty much anything I hope. At least untill help arrives :-)

Special
1 Gorebeast chariot with mark of nurgle
1 Gorebeast chariot with mark of nurgle
one of the few units I played with already, and gotta love them. They hit like a brick wall and are resiliant, especially with the mark of Nurgle.
5 Chaos Trolls
combat block 2. Will be babysitted by the general. When he's off, the BSB should stay near. I expect a lot from these guys.
1 Chimera, regerenating flesh.
I couldn't resist having a flying monster around. So many purposes to fill, and regeneration makes him top-notch if you ask me.

Rare
3 skullcrushers of khorne, enscorcelled weapons, musician.
not much explanation needed, I guess...

So, what do you think? No faults against the basics of playing WoC? Things I've overlooked? Things you'd do differently?

EH
From the ashes a fire shall be woken
A light from the shadow shall spring
Renewed shall be the blade that was broken
the crownless again shall be king.
Holt
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: 2500 WoC list: uncomped, all-comers.

Post by Holt »

One thing that I pick up on is that the trolls are only 5 strong. Talking from the point of someone facing them, I would happily see someone put dowm 5 trolls as they just dont have the staying power of a larger unit. Sure they might hit reasonably hard but after that first combat they may be down to 2 or 3 trolls, nothing that can't be handled with a few ranged attacks, or just walked over by most other combat units.

8-10 would concern me but 5 tends to be a lot less of a threat, especially if I'm running some flaming crossbowmen.
Want some tips on controlling those frenzied units? http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=71791&highlight=
El hombre
Executioner

Post by El hombre »

Thanks for the insight. I reckoned that regen would keep them alive, but some flaming shooting could indeed ruin my day. On the other hand, I don't really see where I can find the points to expand them, or I should drop the chimera. (can't touch the core, as they are already minimal point cost). Or I should completely shift my list and enter ThrogG instead of the current general...
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Drop the trolls. Add 2nd chimera. Find points for breath weapons on them. Win ;)

Oh and also. I'd shift third eye onto your BSB to make him really unkillable.
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
El hombre
Executioner

Post by El hombre »

The only reason I haven't dropped the trolls already, is that that only leaves me with the warriors as single "combat block". In my meta everyone deploys two hordes. Over at "chamber of the Everchosen" some guy said that WoC don't need hordes, but since I've never played them (and nobody over here does, so I have absolutely no clue) I'm a bit reluctant to go out without two combat blocks (even when they aren't hordes) - I'm afraid my monsters will get dragged down by static CR.

if I drop the trolls, I'll shift the 3rd eye to the BSB, since the general loses one of his functions there. If I keep them, I think I'll let the eye with him, to give them both good ++ saves... (otherwise, should he die, the trolls are lost also. A bit to great a gamble I think)
Khaleth Blackheart
Would-be Seerlord or Quack doctor

Post by Khaleth Blackheart »

El hombre wrote:The only reason I haven't dropped the trolls already, is that that only leaves me with the warriors as single "combat block". In my meta everyone deploys two hordes. Over at "chamber of the Everchosen" some guy said that WoC don't need hordes, but since I've never played them (and nobody over here does, so I have absolutely no clue) I'm a bit reluctant to go out without two combat blocks (even when they aren't hordes) - I'm afraid my monsters will get dragged down by static CR.

if I drop the trolls, I'll shift the 3rd eye to the BSB, since the general loses one of his functions there. If I keep them, I think I'll let the eye with him, to give them both good ++ saves... (otherwise, should he die, the trolls are lost also. A bit to great a gamble I think)

Well your set up at the moment is one combat block and one very weak combat block (trolls)
So your practically at the one combat block as it is.
So personally I'd drop the trolls for a chimera, or boost your warriors and existing units and give your original chimera flaming breath.