wood elf special rules

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

toots
Beastmaster

wood elf special rules

Post by toots »

Damn them!!

+1 to cast whilst in a wood, and BOTH the high and dark elf combat rules. Oooh I do not like that at all. PLUS, their dark magic lore attribute is arguably better than ours! Fancy that! Wood elves being better at dark magic than DE.

Guys, tell me I'm wrong!!
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Re: wood elf special rules

Post by T.D. »

Wish we could!
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Cold73
Highborn

Re: wood elf special rules

Post by Cold73 »

+1 To cast in woods...for every lore...okay...that is pretty nice... but our Sorceresses can run around them with Dark Magic...and have the +1 to cast no matter where they are.
But yeah....when the wood elfs are in the forest they cast every lore with a +1.

As for Wood Elves being better at Dark Magic then us Dark Elves.
I don't agree....
* Wood Elves can only use Dark Magic or High Magic on their lord level caster (level 3/4)
* Dark Magic has a lot of spells that don't do a certain ammount of damage.... some are hexes...some simply kill after failing a Strength Test. ... the Wood Elf lore attribute adds 1d3 extra hits ....so it totally useless on hexes and the like. While in our hands...we cast Word of Pain...and it has to chance to actually hurt the opponent (not much...but it works on every spell).
Don;t get me wrong...wood elf attribute does make their DoomBolts a bit nastier...provided they get another spell off on that same unit.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]