harry talks on end times

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Clockwork
Highborn

Re: harry talks on end times

Post by Clockwork »

Word on the street is End Times Chaos up in October, including rules for Dark Elf Cult of Slaanesh.

Can't say I'm too excited, as the Slaaneshi Cults are my least favourite aspect of the background, and always seems to overshadow the non-Chaos Dark Elves whilst at the same time tarring all Dark Elves with the same Chaos brush. It'd be nice to get some non-Slaanesh attention for once.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

I think this will be our in on the civil war though. Morathi at the head of the cults and Malekith against her.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Clockwork
Highborn

Post by Clockwork »

Let's hope so!
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

Because civil war is such a grand idea while Chaos is bearing down on us with all it's strength. :roll:
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

As far as I know, Valkia has already been beaten back... and leading the Cult of Slaanesh, Morathi would be riding the wave of chaos, not fighting against it.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Clockwork
Highborn

Post by Clockwork »

Gidean wrote:Because civil war is such a grand idea while Chaos is bearing down on us with all it's strength. :roll:

But from a background/fluff perspective it opens up a lot of opportunities. Dark Elf society - well, the political leadership of it anyway - has been pretty much set in stone since the Sundering. Malekith is on top, Morathai is second with her own agenda, Hellebrone is third. None of them really trust each other, and have to defend against the plots of their own underlings as well, yet all manage to stay in position. If End Times is doing anything, is breaking the old stagnate formulas that have barely changed, and which the Dark Elves are in desperate need of just as much as anyone.