Is ETC allowing the new rules and units

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Is ETC allowing the new rules and units

Post by Gidean »

Just wondering if ETC is considering this End of Times official changes to Warhammer or just treating it as a campaign series?
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Is ETC allowing the new rules and units

Post by Gidean »

Wow...hears nothing but crickets. Where are our ETC gents?
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

I believe - but dont quote me on this - that they did not allow storm of chaos rules when they came out. And since the end times bring some drastic rule changes, I doubt we will be seeing them at the ETC. They will continue with "official army book armies only". But that is just my thought, I may yet be surprised.
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Haagrum
PhD in Dark Magic

Post by Haagrum »

In fairness, there were some utterly broken things in Storm of Chaos that ETC should never have allowed (Slayer army, I'm looking at you).

At the moment, it's just the new Lore of Undeath, the Morghasts, Gutrot Spume and the Putrid Blightkings that would be new additions to existing armies under the End Times rules (depending on what else is in the next book). Assuming that End Times supplement armies weren't allowed (and thus Nagash and the Undead Legions were unusable), I don't see what would be so objectionable about the other End Times rules and models.
"The wrath of a good man is not to be feared. They have too many rules."

"Good men don't need rules. Today is not a good time to find out why I have so many."
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Heroes & lords up to 50%?
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Calisson wrote:Heroes & lords up to 50%?

Dark elves would run busses all day long man. 2x10 dark riders with the front rank full of 1+ AS masters on cold ones. Forward!
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

Haagrum wrote:In fairness, there were some utterly broken things in Storm of Chaos that ETC should never have allowed (Slayer army, I'm looking at you).

At the moment, it's just the new Lore of Undeath, the Morghasts, Gutrot Spume and the Putrid Blightkings that would be new additions to existing armies under the End Times rules (depending on what else is in the next book). Assuming that End Times supplement armies weren't allowed (and thus Nagash and the Undead Legions were unusable), I don't see what would be so objectionable about the other End Times rules and models.

Calisson wrote:Heroes & lords up to 50%?

^This! To me this and the new magic lore are the biggest changes to the game. This is what has our local Tournament Organizers in a quandary. My club is wondering where to go. Adapt End of Times books and rules changes or just ignore them like they have Storm of Magic and sadly, Triumphant and Treachery.