next end times book

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

davesalt
Slave on the Altar

next end times book

Post by davesalt »

in this weeks white dwarf weekly at the back it says were stepping back into the end times next saturday, any ideas/rumors on who it will be? i'm thinking humans or elves
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Re: next end times book

Post by Dalamar »

End Times: Khaine
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

As Dalamar states it is Khaine and will be up for pre order this coming weekend.

Apparently no models though at least no Elven ones which is a shame. Hope that rumour is wrong.
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Amboadine wrote:Hope that rumour is wrong.

Me 2! !mad!
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
CitizenKhaine
Beastmaster

Post by CitizenKhaine »

Just watched the teaser with Malekith on the GW site, roll on pre order day!
You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan - Designed and directed by his red right hand - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (channeling Khaine)

Visit the Citizens of Khaine http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75270
flatworldsedge
Chosen of Khaine

Post by flatworldsedge »

I do so very much hope the "no new Elven models" rumour is a red herring of some kind. Maybe an Avatar of Khaine isn't strictly "Elven"? Hopefully some semantic point like this will still see us with some chunky new options to table.

At the very least, based on rumours bouncing around, what would I be happy with - if there are no new models? Well - a new combined rider/mount statline for Malekith doesn't need a model, and seems necessary to compete with KFA (per other threads). Rules to combine Elven armies would be nice, but kind of worry me - I'd *never* take High Elves, but could be tempted into a few Wood Elf units. What if we can no longer combine in 9th? One could just proxy, but it would be disappointing to see units (and attendant personal fluff) untangled.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Be here on Saturday the 22nd of November to find out more.

I'm guessing pre-order on Sat 22nd :P

I'm curious. By the sound of it, it seems Malekith's intent on invading Ulthuan. Because that's his thing.
There's only a brief notion of the Wood Elves. Maybe both High and Dark can ally with the Woodies?
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Shrot
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Shrot »

Found on warseer:

New Release items for this week are: -

· White Dwarf - Issue No. 44 - 36 pages of everything that is exciting and new in the Hobby this week.

· The Hobbit - Thranduil, King of the Woodland Realm: Available While Stocks Last - Contains 2 Finecast miniatures of Thranduil mounted on horse and on foot in a clampack.

· The Hobbit - Legolas Greenleaf, Prince of Mirkwood: Available While Stocks Last - Contains 2 Finecast miniatures of Legolas mounted on horse and on foot in a clampack.

· The Hobbit - Tauriel, Mirkwood Exile: Available While Stocks Last - Contains 1 Finecast miniature of Tauriel on foot in a clampack.

· The Hobbit - Mirkwood Armoured Captain: Available While Stocks Last - Contains 1 Finecast miniatures of Tauriel on foot in a clampack.

· The Hobbit - Mirkwood Armoured Bowmen: Available While Stocks Last - Contains 3 Finecast miniatures in a Clampack.

· Warhammer: Khaine - Available While Stocks Last - The next installment of the End Times.

Black Library New Release items for this week are: -

· The End Times: The Curse of Khaine - 400 page hardback novel tie-in for Warhammer; The End Times, in English language only.

· Horus Heresy: Templar - 1 CD audio drama, 70 minute run time.
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

Getting tired of all the invasions of Ulthuan, and especially the failures. I hope GW comes up with something new this time.
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10
Jolemai
Executioner

Post by Jolemai »

How very Elven. The world is going to pot and all they can think of is beating each other up. Surely it should be a case of "stopping Chaos so I can invade it at my leisure at a later date" from Malekith?

I actually hope we can field an Avatar of Khaine. I'm actually surprised it's not been done sooner. Also:

Shrot
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Shrot »

Also from warseer:
The new book contains rules for the 'Magic of the End Times' which includes spells for all spell casters, 3 new army lists, new characters and seven scenarios.
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Well. All the "invade Ulthuan and fail" are kind of necessary since its Malekiths thing, and he cant very well succeed or the high elves would be wiped :p

Just hope something new comes to the story this time indeed. One more failure, and Malekith wont be long on the throne...
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Jolemai
Executioner

Post by Jolemai »

Tell that to Abaddon...
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Daeron wrote:

I would suggest taking a look later on the Friday evening if you want any hope of actually getting hold of a non limited edition one. ;)

Also further news on the book;

The book contains rules for characters including Malekith, Tyrion, Imrik, some chap called the Eternity King and The Avatar of Khaine.

Apparently there are "amazing changes to how magic works in the End Times" and it looks like each lore gets a new spell, there's a preview in the magazine but I don't have time to type it out now.

There is the Host of the Phoenix King which seems to be a combined Asur, Asrai, Druchii army under Malekith and Teclis and the Aestyrion, who are loyal to Tyrion.

There is a third list mentioned but no details given other than: "In Warhammer: Khaine there is, once and for all, an absolute winner in the war for the Phoenix Crown. The third army represents the Elves that survive."

We might a very different looking list come 9th ed. Discuss :)
flatworldsedge
Chosen of Khaine

Post by flatworldsedge »

Amboadine wrote:
Daeron wrote:

I would suggest taking a look later on the Friday evening...

Dropped into my local GW at lunchtime - they say come in at 18:30-19:00 on Friday to pre-order in person at the store (open late Fridays).
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Hmmmmmmmm! I kind of like it, and am kind of disappointed. I liked the somewhat twisted nature of the Dark Elves at first, but over time it's their warrior spirit that keeps me interested. A combined force wouldn't necessarily shatter that, as long as they remain a province of some sort.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

So further information from WD and Warseer forum.

"In a game set during the End Times, Wizards of Level 3 or higher know End Times spells in addition to the other spells that they know. Each different End Times spell can be cast only once per Magic phase and cannot be dispelled if successfully cast (see page 8).

Most End Times spells are extensions of existing Lores of Magic and benefit from the lore attribute of their parent lore in the usual way. Any Wizard who knows the lore in question will also know any End Times spells associated with that lore. Some End Times spells are not associated with any lore (for example, Conjure Arcane Fulcrum) on page 10). These spells can be used by any wizard, unless they state otherwise."

Battle Magic: End Times consists of 22 cards.

Also, it's stated in WD that Tyrion draws the Widowmaker, not Malekith.

There's a picture of Malekith, Teclis and the Everqueen at the head of a combined Asur, Asrai and Druchii army. This is 'The Host of the Phoenix King' list.

Malekith is stated as being the sole claimant to the Phoenix Crown and there's a suggestion that Tyrion might actually be the bad guy.

Definitely intriguing.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

It makes sense. Malekith knew the threat of the widowmaker and refused it.
High elves in general know the threat of the widowmaker (being drawn again, it will lead to the end of elves)
Tyrion lost his baby momma and his daughter... he doesn't give a damn anymore and needs to be stopped.

Teclis will not sit on the phoenix throne
neither will Alarielle reborn
Malekith remains as the rightful ruler of all elves, The Eternal King (he's the only immortal one among the abovementioned)
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Clockwork
Highborn

Post by Clockwork »

Not too happy about 'End Times' spells that can't be dispelled.

On the other hand, gimme some of them sweet Loremasters.
flatworldsedge
Chosen of Khaine

Post by flatworldsedge »

Lots of intriguing things as others note... I'm not wedded to any of the characters (I've just always hated Teclis since he first came loping into White Dwarf 20 odd years ago, all haughty, sneering face and crazy special rules), so what happens to them is just an interesting read which I'll no doubt enjoy.

It's stressful stuff on the army list front though; not knowing what they'll do here and for 9th. My only concern is that we can still field armies that look vaguely like the one we choose when 9th Edition comes along! e.g. That Witch Elves still exist, that Cold One Knights still exist, etc. I don't want a massive force of proxies and some watered down middle ground. Separate lines of Elves has always been perfect, and I choose Dark Elves (and their culture, fluff, etc.) for a reason. Hope we still have that option in what comes.
Curse_Bearer
Shade

Post by Curse_Bearer »

I have an inkling that these End Times spells will be scenario exclusive. On the other hand since it is ALL lores (including Undeath I imagine) it might enter the new FAQ :P
Jolemai
Executioner

Post by Jolemai »

Next White Dwarf cover

... and yes, that's the old model ...
Ming
Black Guard

Post by Ming »

... and yes, he's actually bodyguarded by Phoenix Guard!
... and Justice for all!!!

.... and enthusiast member of the league of extraordinary druchii gentlemen
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

I'm totally going to use this to bully my high elf players. "Your army is under -my- command now!"

- The stiff breeze
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

^^The natural order has been regained :twisted:

High Elves will forever more know their place.
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame