Next ET books

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Next ET books

Post by Amboadine »

So a few tantalising rumours.

Suggestion is that the next book is due January sometime and is Skaven based. 'Rise of the Horned Rat' potentially.

Fifth is then possibly due Feb /March.

Not sure just how reliable this however.
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Re: Next ET books

Post by Rork »

The Nagash book has paved the way for Skaven, so it seems likely. You'd have thought they would rejig the Skaven book first to really take advantage, though.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

Who are they going to combine Skaven with? Will the dwarves make up with them and become drinking buds? Maybe even breed with the rat people?
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Gidean wrote:Who are they going to combine Skaven with? Will the dwarves make up with them and become drinking buds? Maybe even breed with the rat people?

Well, the first two books contain characters from other armies besides their own, so it's not outside the realms of possibility.

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

Rork wrote:
Gidean wrote:Who are they going to combine Skaven with? Will the dwarves make up with them and become drinking buds? Maybe even breed with the rat people?

Well, the first two books contain characters from other armies besides their own, so it's not outside the realms of possibility.

Sticking with the "Legions" theme they need to combine Skaven with some other race, no?
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Don't give GW ideas. They might be reading! :P
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

Gidean wrote:Maybe even breed with the rat people?

Rat dwarfs? Well, I kinda think that dwarfs are some sort of rats, so wouldn't bring anything new imo. :lol:
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

- Rats and ogres.
- Dwarfs remain alone, stoically, or pair up with Elves. Yes.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

Daeron wrote:- Rats and ogres.
- Dwarfs remain alone, stoically, or pair up with Elves. Yes.

Except they have already done the elves. Didn't see any mention of Organ guns on their Legion List. :roll:
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

A foundation needs to be made for a new rift between Elves anyhow. Maybe Dwarfs and Humies?
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Curse_Bearer
Shade

Post by Curse_Bearer »

I wouldn't be surprised if Ogres become available to all armies in the future books. Need some more hitting power? I hear those two ironblasters are for sale...
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Curse_Bearer wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Ogres become available to all armies in the future books. Need some more hitting power? I hear those two ironblasters are for sale...

Well, it's what you could do with the old book, so I'd agree that could definitely be on the table.

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

I'm willing to bet money (not a lot mind you, I'm broke) that ogres will become mercs for other armies again.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

Dalamar wrote:I'm willing to bet money (not a lot mind you, I'm broke) that ogres will become mercs for other armies again.

Are you talking about just Maneaters or the whole army? It would be a shame if they cannibalized the whole army. :(
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Whole army, and not cannibalized. Just have a line in whichever future ET book that says:
"Any army (except bretonnia) can take any unit from Warhammer Armies: Ogre Kingdoms as part of the army list"
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Curse_Bearer
Shade

Post by Curse_Bearer »

Why not Brets? Too knightly to hire some Ogres?

Over on the Ogre Stronghold a guy made an entire Brettonian Ogre themed army that was super awesome. He had fluff detailing the "proud and noble Ogre knight" who took over an abandoned keep and fought the forces of evil. They all had stick horses and always went three wide, haha. Really cool stuff.
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Curse_Bearer wrote:Why not Brets? Too knightly to hire some Ogres?

In almost every Bret book there has been a rule against mercenaries being included. Not very honourable and all that.

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Silvershadow
Warrior

Post by Silvershadow »

Gidean wrote:
Rork wrote:

Sticking with the "Legions" theme they need to combine Skaven with some other race, no?

Skaven are unique, and already contain a lot of diversity within their existing army book. More likely they may diversify the clan structure somehow rather than a "legion" is my guess. They are already legion...

The only other "legion" list I see coming now is the humans (Empire & Brets), possibly with dwarves thrown in.
Orcs&goblins already have lots of diversity in their army, I could maybe see ogres joining them but that feels like a stretch.
Ogres and Lizardmen look like the odd men out in the end, but that probably just means they get to be their own smaller pieces of the great puzzle (I.e. staying as they are). Lizzies are talking about an exodus, but I have a hard time believing GW would just have them all leave and can the army. We'll see what happens though, they've had some interesting surprises for us thus far :)

Anyway, next book is rumored to be Skaven and Lizardmen fighting over Lustria which certainly makes sense - we already know this is going on (from the Nagash book).
8th edition Dark Elf book: 11-1-5 before I lost track

All hail the Eternity King!
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Skaven obviously need access to some decent cavalry ;).

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

So a bit more on the next book from Warseer. Make of it what you will.

General opinion is that the model list is optimistic but background info is probably mostly correct.

So I recieved some information from a close friend of mine recently regarding the Skaven Release for the End-Times. Just to add some more clarity on the source...the information comes from marketing materials which have been developed/are being developed for the sales side of the house. Can't provide too much more info on that as I do not want to get my friend in hot water. I have known him since college and he would have no reason to lie to me. So this is the rundown he gave me:

Skaven background will focus on an invasion of Lustria and inlcude a lot of information on Lizardmen and “the plan” as well. While the book will be Skaven focused, it will still have a heavy Lizardmen flavor as the main plot lines focus around them. It will also discuss the “Great Ascendancy” which will include the horned rat and the rise of the Skaven to the surface to enslave all of mankind (or attempt to). The true roots of Skaven will also be discussed. It will also cover Skaven happenings around the warhammer world, including the Dwarfs, the Chaos Invasion and the return of Nagash and how the rats fit into the whole picture. The Skaven are not too keen on the whole end of times motif for the obvious negative effects it will have on their survival...so as usual they plot and scheme to ensure that their best interests are served in the end with others doing their dirty work. Not to play spoiler, but it sounds as though they will play a pivotal role in undoing the nefarious plans of the dark powers. 
There will be new models accompanying the release to include:
New Vermin Lord (Horned Rat) BIG Kit....
Lord Skrolk
Lord Nurglitch
Grey Seer Thanquol and Bone Ripper
Grey Seer on Foot
Rat Ogres 
Dual kit with Poisoned Wind Globadiers and Plague Censer Bearers
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

That would make sense. Almost all of those models are those that are yet to be replaced from 4th/5th ed. The rat ogres make me wonder though, since they've had a plastic kit in the last round of Skaven releases.

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

Rork wrote:That would make sense. Almost all of those models are those that are yet to be replaced from 4th/5th ed. The rat ogres make me wonder though, since they've had a plastic kit in the last round of Skaven releases.

But maybe they will actually become badass Monstrous Infantry now and will need suitable models to represent? Their current rules and stats suck.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

So next ET book confirmed as End Times : Thanquol.

Preorder 9th January.

First confirmed model is a huge multi kit Vermin Lord, with variants for each faction.
Attachments
attachment.jpeg
flatworldsedge
Chosen of Khaine

Post by flatworldsedge »

At once exciting and depressing to see the awesome Verminlord kit. Why do they not want Elven money?! Oh well!
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

flatworldsedge wrote:At once exciting and depressing to see the awesome Verminlord kit. Why do they not want Elven money?! Oh well!

I know, would have been a great chance to release a big multi kit dragon for all elven factions.