Next ET books

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Jolemai
Executioner

Re: Next ET books

Post by Jolemai »

Seriously?

“The warlock engineers soon discovered the Device of the Great Beyond, a communication apparatus that spoke to beings from beyond the stars. As they swirled its many dials, a querulous voice spoke through the stone speakers. That voice, fair and clear caused the Skaven to bolt away. The device was something like the far-squeaker, but the melodious tones that issued forth were, if anything, kin to the despised speech of the elf-things. As they did not understand the alien language, nor how the arcane contraption worked the warlock engineers pulled the device apart and shot it with warplock pistols until it stopped making any sounds.”

Source
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Well the Slann had to have a way to speak to the Old Ones when they were amongst the stars, seems reasonable that the devices should be revered and held with the ancient artefacts. Nothing extraordinary in that paragraph and nothing to do with the comment about Craftworld in the source site.
Elves would have naturally derived a language from the Old Ones and the Slann as they were taught.
Pretty standard background through the early editions.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Well let's carry on with the reveals.

Khorne is getting some loving this time.
Bloodthirster goodness and what looks like flail armed monstrous infantry.

http://imgur.com/T6CmZYw
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Amboadine wrote:Well let's carry on with the reveals.

Khorne is getting some loving this time.
Bloodthirster goodness and what looks like flail armed monstrous infantry.

http://imgur.com/T6CmZYw

OOOooooh. Don't tell Rork!

[+] SPOILER
Too late :burns:
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
van Awful
Highborn

Post by van Awful »

Nec spe, nec metu

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Looks a little more how I imagined them.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

And a new picture that seems to confirm Tyrion returns and speculatively most of the Incarnates and the grand alliance of 'order'.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/08/2879cbc7d2d92c84afe97aed8932fb87.jpg
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

Seems to be no hard feelings between 'Ol Tyrion and 'Ol Mally.

[+] SPOILER
With respect to Gidean I won't mention the ramifications of this for Mademoiselle Alarielle
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

[+] SPOILER
She isn't in the picture though which is interesting or an over sight. Maybe she is off sulking whilst Mal an Ty become drinking buddies. :)
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

!lol!

On that note, Gidean will explode:

[+] SPOILER
With Joy :P
Jolemai
Executioner

Post by Jolemai »

Oh great. That doesn't bode well, does it? :(
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

It needn't mean a lot. But it could imply the end of an era :)
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Huge leaky goodness if people are interested. Massive spoilers plus info on what is happening to Hellebron and the WE's.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.1.5qAQkz&id=43207727832&ns=1&abbucket=1#detail
Jolemai
Executioner

Post by Jolemai »

Pity it's so blurry :(
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Jolemai wrote:Pity it's so blurry :(

Well don't want to spoil everything but I can make out the following bits of interest for the elven races

[+] SPOILER
Shadowblade tries to assassinate Malekith, fails and gets kicked off mid air from Seraphon by Malekith.
There is a nod to the Cult of Slaanesh with Be'lakor, WE's, daemonettes etc in one of the lists, with added evil treeman and dryads.
Tyrion returns.
Elves end up with half of the Incarnates - Malekith, Tyrion, Alarielle, Caradryan. Plus it also looks like Teclis and 'Lileath' are involved in council.
There is a faction for Alarielle with the twins, Maiden guard, treeman, dryad and glade guard
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

It actually looks great... Well, in a "finish the story" kind of sense. It doesn't boost my confidence on the future of some models but it seems to have all the elements to build a very nice finale to a very long saga.

It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Jolemai
Executioner

Post by Jolemai »

[+] SPOILER
Hang on, if Ka'Bandha is mentioned in the Khorne section does that mean we're going to see rules for him?!?!

:burns:
Last edited by Jolemai on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jolemai
Executioner

Post by Jolemai »

[+] SPOILER
One picture is Malekith's army against Slaanesh, another is Dark Elves against Wood Elves? and a third is the council against Chaos?
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

Amboadine wrote:Huge leaky goodness if people are interested. Massive spoilers plus info on what is happening to Hellebron and the WE's.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.1.5qAQkz&id=43207727832&ns=1&abbucket=1#detail

It all does look fairly epic :shock:

Beautiful illustrations as well as set-piece face-offs.

...may have to get round to assembling my Belakor :P
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Jolemai wrote:
[+] SPOILER
One picture is Malekith's army against Slaanesh, another is Dark Elves against Wood Elves? and a third is the council against Chaos?

[+] SPOILER
Malekith is fighting Be'lakor and Hellebron's army. One that brings back a Cult of Slaanesh equivalent with added Wood elf units. Think it is the same battle as Alarielle's army of Maiden guard and wood elf units

I think I could live with a Cult of Slaanesh list in 9th if it is an option
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

Malekith vs Shadowblade:

[+] SPOILER
From Warseer:
Elves fell numb as the Deamon advanced, weapons dropping numbly to their sides, eyes staring blindly ahead until a sweep from the Keepers sword ended their lives.
Malekith alone was unaffected by the creatures wiles. He had faced Keepers, the greatest of their kind, many times before. On each occasion he had emerged the victor, and he was not about to fall before some (masked - ?) Keeper. The Eternity King drew opon ihs own magics as the deamon approached, sending swirling shadowy forms of long-dead elves to hog the creaturs steps. Slowed by the ephermal effigies, the daemon had no chance to evade Seraphons sudden advance. The dragons talons struck the Keepr of Secrets high in the chest, bearing it to the ground.

Though pinned beneath the dragons might, the daemon did not give in, it hammered and tore at Seraphons flanks, ripping free great chunks of flesh. Seraphon roared in pain, but she had known far worse wounds in her long life, and fought back all the harder. Iron-hard teeth tore a huge gobbet of flesh from the Keeprs Shoulder. Taloned foreclaws scored marks along the daemons face. Ontop Seraphons shoulders, Malekith remade his phantoms with a gesture, transmuting their remains into a cloud of razor-sharp darts that burrowed into the Keepers flesh, worming their thingys (cant read ) deep into its unnatural organs. The daemon screamed, it gave a final shudder that might have been pleasure or pain, and then lay still. Seraphon gave a roar of triumph, then snapped her dripping maw to tear out the creatures throat.

Despite their horrendous losses, the Carnival of Silence pressed on, but now Malekith deemed that corner of the battle to have been (pacified) and at last spared a thought for the endangered queen. Leaving.... taking Battlemasters ... who were on their ...
... to compensate Alarrielles losses. Malekith intended to follow them, however, in that moment a shadow hidden in the cover of Seraphons black wing dropped from the trees above, a curved dagger arcing towards the Eternitys Kings back.
At another time, or another place, Shadowblade might have succeeded. However Malekith had expected the assassination attempt from the moment that Hellebrons cult had been outlawed - the Blood Queens precence on the battlefield had made it a certainty. Throughout the battle, even during the clash with the Keeper of Secrets, the Eternity King had kept a portion of his mind fixed upon the shadows around him. The Malekith of old could perhaps have been taken by surprise by a blade in the dark, but not Malekith, Incarnate of Shadow. There was little that moved in the darkness that he could not sense and thus he was aweare of his would-be killers approach almost in the moment it began.

Even then, Shadowblade was nearly too swift. Malekith twister aside in the saddle, but could not evade the blae entirely. Sparks flew as it ripped deep into the armour of Midnight. Blood pulsed through the rent. There was poison on the blade - Malekith felt it sting at once. However, the Eternity King had taken precautions since Shadowblades last attempt on his life, ingesting minute amounts of the toxins he knew the assassin favoured, in order build up a resistance. This precaution did nothing to numb the poisons searing pain, but Malekith was well accustomed to agony, and it slowed him not in the slightest. Shadowblades next strike came a split second after the first, a lighting fast cut intended to slip the armour at Malekith throat. But the Eternity King ducked under the blow and out of his saddle. Effortlessly finding a foothold on Seraphons back, he turned to face his assailant, blade at the ready.

Thus did the assassin and the King fight their battle, not on the ground, but upon the back of a speeding dragon. Wind whipped at the dualists, their ... (cant read it ) skies at any moment, but still they fought on. They were evenly matched, blades blurring with each parry and thrust. Shadowblade had the advantage of speed but Malekith had the greater reach. Neither of the two could land a blow. A dozen times Malekith swepts with his sword, only for it to pass through empty air as Shadowblade danced back. But just as often the assassin had to turn his own strike into a desperate parry, lest the Eternity King stroke his head from his shoulders.

Seraphon passed beneath one of the Oak of Ages vast boughs, and all three were swamped in shadow. The assassin saw Malekith torso, his guard suddenly down, Shadowblade gave a growl of delight and sprang forward, dagger aimed to slam into the Eternity Kings throat. He missed that Malekith was gone without trace and the blade struck ... (Watermark yesh! ) ... Malekith emerged from the Shadows behind his attacker and plunged the sword deep into his ribs. ( I know! The watermark obscures some things before that sentence.) As Seraphon emerged into the light once more, Shadowblade slipped sideways across the dragons back, dagger falling from unresponsive hands. Malekith looked briefly down at his would-be assassin, then lashed out with an armoured foot to send him on his way. Unable to anchor himself, Shadowblade tumbled from Seraphons back and vanished into the battle far below.

Drychas cruel handmaides had wrought terrible ruin on Alarielles forces. The briarmaven (wtf is that?) had wielded her sisters like claws, ferociously raking the grove-covens stlil loyal to the Everqueen. The broken bodies of dryads litterred the approach to the Everguard and only Durthus undefeatable presence had kepts the elves from being overwhelmed.
Melle
Executioner

Post by Melle »

Guys...you dont think you are taking this spoiler feature a 'tad' too far?
I mean this WHOLE thread is a spoiler xD
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain."

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Melle wrote:Guys...you dont think you are taking this spoiler feature a 'tad' too far?

It's a new toy. We will get bored of it soon :)
Melle
Executioner

Post by Melle »

Amboadine wrote:
Melle wrote:Guys...you dont think you are taking this spoiler feature a 'tad' too far?

I have my doubts about that, regarding T.D. :D
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain."

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

Melle wrote:
Amboadine wrote:

I have my doubts about that, regarding T.D. :D

[+] SPOILER
Your doubts are well founded :P