SLAANESH KILLED BY GW!??!

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

SLAANESH KILLED BY GW!??!

Post by T.D. »

Has GW killed Slaanesh?

- Or has her/his/its symbol just changed?

- Or are we really seeing the total kiddie-fication of the game?

I for one just wouldn't be the same if my mind hadn't been warped aged 12 by my copy of Realm of Chaos: Slaves to Darkness :shock:

Even if GW kills Slaanesh ....SLAANESH WILL LIVE ON IN OUR OWN CONTINUING OBJECTIFICATION OF THE OPPOSITE/SAME SEXES!!!*

I will write in pink in protest at the pansexual-phobia of GW.

In tribute to everyone's favourite** Chaos God, I will leave this here:

*or at least mine :mrgreen:

**Except perhaps Rork and Underway***

***Or maybe that's just a front they're putting on :o ;)
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: SLAANESH KILLED BY GW!??!

Post by Daeron »

I've seen rumours and theories on the removal of Slaneesh. Age of Sigmar fluff speaks of Tyrion going to capture Slaneesh or something. It is a possibility.
I think Slaneesh is a very interesting concept but maybe they are catering towards 12+ audience, in which case decapitation is kid friendlier than boobs.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

T.D. I would like to commend you on your never ending quest to enlighten the world to the joys of asian pop.
The Prince of Darkness will have a special place saved for you in a small karaoke bar above a noodle shop somewhere in one of the many new realms of hell.
Makiwara
Shade

Post by Makiwara »

I personally thought it was more interesting that the new symbol looks remarkably like Morathi's crown myself...
For us, there is no longer the druchii, the asur and the asrai; now there are only the Asdra; The Laughing Ones.

For us The Season of Doom is ended, now The Season of Opportunity is begun.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Makiwara wrote:I personally thought it was more interesting that the new symbol looks remarkably like Morathi's crown myself...

Interesting point. It does start to tie into the End Times and her being taken by him. With Tyrion apparently trying to capture him, I guess she could come into her own.
Makiwara
Shade

Post by Makiwara »

And she was all about trying to become a god, I'm guessing we get a reborn, possibly renamed Morathi.
For us, there is no longer the druchii, the asur and the asrai; now there are only the Asdra; The Laughing Ones.

For us The Season of Doom is ended, now The Season of Opportunity is begun.
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

Amboadine wrote:The Prince of Darkness will have a special place saved for you in a small karaoke bar above a noodle shop somewhere in one of the many new realms of hell.

[+] SPOILER
The best kind of karaoke bar Image

"Shake it" is beyond even my wide and eclectic tastes. It was a deliberately poor taste choice, in honour of Slaanesh her/his/its self.

The male gaze in K-Pop has been reaching parody levels recently, and the routines are going beyond female self-expressiveness into exploitation. Musically, it is also a shame, because Sistar are a talented group that shine (sorry!) when they have good material to work with.

Makiwara wrote:I personally thought it was more interesting that the new symbol looks remarkably like Morathi's crown myself...

[+] SPOILER
My first thoughts were vagina dentata ...but perhaps that's just wishful thinking and expectations on my part !lol!
Jolemai
Executioner

Post by Jolemai »

Or perhaps they have just changed her symbol?

T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

His symbol? :|
Jolemai
Executioner

Post by Jolemai »

His/her/it - I think it really depends on the mood.
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

!lol!
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

OK first of all, let me apologise in advance for what appears to be a bit of thread necromancy, but this is very important...

What?

I mean What?

as in WHAT??????

Oi, GW - NOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!

You lot leave my god alone!

Honestly this is for real????

I turn my back for two years, four months and six days, and all hell breaks loose!

Long time members will know that me having a rant against GW is nothing unusual, but normally it's to do with their incessant price hikes, not destructive retcons of the core fluff!
Now then GW, listen very carefully, for I will say this only once (well, actually I'll probably say it a hell of a lot, because somebody has to);

SLAANESH WILL NEVER DIE

You understand that?

Yes of course you do - and I know you guys read this forum (or at least you used to)

So then, you will understand that the most wonderful thing about fluff is that you can't kill it. Once written, it exists. It becomes part of the ether and a part of the community mindset and if you lot are not going to keep it thriving, then the community will do it for you. You see, it's like this;

Not all Warhammer games are played at GW stores (mine never were - they probably wouldn't have allowed the naked Devoted riding the rampant penisaurs but anyway...). No, most gaming is done in the private kitchens, living rooms, bedrooms and sheds of this great land, and the army lists already exists - as does the fan base - and no end of Slaaneshi miniatures are still easily available on ebay and other places. And since we're not playing in your stores, there's nothing to stop us using the extensive range of non-GW miniatures that will inevitably fill the void. The background fluff and the stories built up around it will live forever. Shakespeare has been dead for centuries yet his work is still revered and much-quoted. And so it will be with the GW fluff. Once written, it becomes immortal, and if you decide not to maintain it, then others will do it instead, one way or another.

As for myself, well I don't play much anymore, but my interest in the hobby (and especially the fluff) is undiminished.

So don't think you can wave your hand and make Slaanesh go away - because She ain't going anyhere :twisted:
The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Slaneesh isn't gone I think. His/her symbol is still on the latest chaos models released ... but ... if you have not yet caught up with the End Times, you're in for a shocker. The fluff has moved on, and completely changed to a new world. There, apparently, some Elves tried to get their hands on Slaneesh. There is very little info on the details though, and I'm expecting this will become a core plot-line in a future release with Elves.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Post by Gnosis »

You can also wait until those guys at Mantic have written a god of pleasure into their repertoire of armylists and try that game out. I saw your - fairly modest - list of Beastmen models and it's a surer bet than trying to play 8th edition or its 9th Age continuation. KoW capitalises on fixed unit sizes with you can translate into a unit footprint - an easy excuse to come up with some neat unit fillers. It's a mass battle game without the need to buy and paint a mass of models.
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854