The last days of Bretonnia and Tomb Kings

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

The last days of Bretonnia and Tomb Kings

Post by Calisson »

From French Warfo:
Official information sent to GWs, all TK and soon Bretonnians transferred to "last chance to buy on the website".

Those which other army is made of gallant knights or desert skellies, better consider to complement yor force if you intend to play 9th Age, or sell it if you plan to concentrate on AoS.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Re: The last days of Bretonnia and Tomb Kings

Post by Amboadine »

They really are trimming their product lines.
I understand why, but still a shame.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Will the Tomb Kings finally rest in peace?

Post by Daeron »

A merger of the TK's and VC's isn't unexpected. The latest rumours and leaked images of the new Grand Alliance: Death show that the models are being grouped per style (ghostly, bony, fleshy). The one type to fail making an appearance is the Egyptian style.
My guess is that they're steering away from styles that too closely reflect a real world culture or history.

I'm tempted to think Brett would also fall under that category. I don't see French Knights fit as well in the new AoS fluff and there are ample references to old cultures. However... the style is still sufficiently generic.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Killerk
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: The last days of Bretonnia and Tomb Kings

Post by Killerk »

Also known as Kanadian
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Re: Will the Tomb Kings finally rest in peace?

Post by Shadowspite »

I have to admit there's a tiny overly-PC/SJW part of me that welcomes the death of the Fantasy Counterpart Culture side of Warhammer. The visual style of Nagash and his mortarchs, which takes some cues from ancient Egypt but mixes it well with other ancient cultures and a big dose of pure fantasy, is far superior to the rather hokey Hollywood-Egyptian skeletons IMO.
"Sometimes, Brother... I dream that I am sane." - Uros the Faceless

Some of my minis - now on Imgur rather than Photosuckit.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Will the Tomb Kings finally rest in peace?

Post by Daeron »

I'm mixed up about it.
I remember watching the big rulebook of WFB 6th edition, the first edition I saw. I dismissed the tomb kings outright as not being suitable for pure fantasy.

Yet a few years later, within that very same edition, I actually tried tomb kings out, read the book and discovered I liked it. I bought a battalion box which is still lying somewhere half assembled. On one hand I'm sad, because I quite liked the miniature range and the ushabti and big statues though it also felt a bit over the top.

Just goes to show how much lovely miniatures can change one's heart ;)
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze