Jungles

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Jungles

Post by Mr_piechee »

Unless i'm losing my mind there's no rules for them in the 5th ed rule book. i can't imagine this to be true so i assume I'm just being stupid, but I've looked through at least 3 times.

So if there are rules could you point me in the right direction, if not could you help me with a few things?

i'm guessing you get a 5+ cover save from jungle? and how far can you see into a jungle? and when in a jungle how far can you see into it, and also how close to the edge do you have to be to see out (i assume its the same distance)?

also if a flamer can reach out the other side of a jungle and hit troops can this be done? i.e. they have a jungle between them and the enemy.

Thanks for any help.
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

I hate to be a bearer of bad news, but I think that jungles are gone now... You have to just use a jungle "theme" with your table.
Of course you could always make house rules for them.

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Post by Gnosis »

Area terrain? Try to get a hold of the Catachan codex, many of the rules can still be applied to 5th edition settings.
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

i've got it already, i'll have a look. i've been playing a few 5th ed games recently, but before that i hadn't played since 3rd ed.
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics