Black Templars 1750pts TWO LAND RAIDERS!!

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Malevion
Malekith's Personal Guard

Black Templars 1750pts TWO LAND RAIDERS!!

Post by Malevion »

Well once again I am sorely tempted to start up an army of my favourite marines- the black templars.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Black Templars 1750pts

Castellan- power weapon, bolt pistol, combat shield, meltabombs 96pts

Emperors Champion- Accept any challenge no matter the odds 140pts

5 Sword Brethren assault terminators- with paired lightning claws, crusader seals and furious charge 225pts

10 initiates, 4 neophytes- all with bolt pistol and cc weapon, power weapon, flamer 216pts

8 initiates, 1 neophyte- all with bolt pistol and cc weapon, power weapon, flamer, rhino 204pts

5 initiates- all with bolt pistol and cc weapon, meltagun, razorback with twin-linked lascannons and smoke launchers 163 pts

5 initiates- all with bolters, plasma gun, razorback with twin-linked lascannons and smoke launchers 159pts

Land Raider- smoke launchers 253pts

Land Raider Crusader- smoke launchers, blessed hull 293pts

Total- 1749pts
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

setupwise the castellan would join the 14 man crusader squad which would be driven around in the land raider crusader. The terminators would ride in the second land raider. The emperors champion would join the 9 man crusader squad.

So do you think the army would work? If not why and what would you change?

Also a rules question. The black templars land raiders do not have the "assault vehicle" special rule that the land raider entries in the newer marine codexes have. I know it sounds stupid but does this mean that black templars cannot assault when they disembark? That would somewhat ruin this army if it is the case.
He is a pimp and pimps don't commit suicide.

Dead men don't strike first