Tank shocking transports (40K)

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Tank shocking transports (40K)

Post by Mr_piechee »

Can Troops disembark on the turn a transports has tank shocked? I assume so cause you can still shoot if you haven't moved to far.

If you tank shock a unit and it falls back, can you then assault it in the same turn, forcing it to make a test to regroup?

Finally what happens to units who can't move out of the way of a tank shock (I'm sure I've read this somewhere before but can't find it)?

Thanks
Last edited by Mr_piechee on Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

I guess this is a WH40K question? :)

Bye
Thanee
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

my bad. i assumed that rules questions for both games went here.... Guess not.
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

There is a limit to how far you can move and still disembark isn't there? And does not this not vary with exactly what the vehicle is, and who is disembarking, and how?

What Thanee meant was "German wierdo coming through"... no, that's not it. He means that it took him longer than it should have to work out you were talking about 40k. Which is why you should have asked your question in the 40k forum. That is why it's there.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

It would also help to label the question with "WH40K" in the title. ;)

This is primarily a WHFB site, so I was thinking "Steam Tank" first... but that didn't make much sense. :lol:

Bye
Thanee
Afeinman
Trainee Warrior

Re: Tank shocking transports (40K)

Post by Afeinman »

Mr_PieChee wrote:Can Troops disembark on the turn a transports has tank shocked? I assume so cause you can still shoot if you haven't moved to far.

Tank shock doesn't affect disembarking--use the same rules as for any other vehicle movement.

If you tank shock a unit and it falls back, can you then assault it in the same turn, forcing it to make a test to regroup?

Sure.

Finally what happens to units who can't move out of the way of a tank shock (I'm sure I've read this somewhere before but can't find it)?

Thanks

They get moved to the nearest available space. It's somewhere in the tank shock writeup. I can't recall if someone FAQed a "but if that's more than x inches away, destroy them". In general it's kind of a cheesy move to try to tank shock a unit into oblivion--just push them around or break them, isn't that enough?

You can also tank shock the same unit multiple times in a turn, for extra fun. My Immolators used to do this to units to make them bunched up and ready for flaming.
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

thanks, sounds good. Didn't think about it for templates, but sounds like a good plan!
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Moved to 40k.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++