Dark Eldar Question

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Slerac fellblade
Malekith's Best Friend

Dark Eldar Question

Post by Slerac fellblade »

So in two weeks I am going to a tournament in penn and I am taking my boats n hoes army the dark eldar. But i did alot of converting on stuff and I have the minis to do a standard Kabal list, a Heamonculi Coven and a Wyche Cult.

This has led me to a conundrum as to what I should bring. Kabal, Coven, or Cult or what level of mix. So I ask you internet strangers. because I do not go to tournaments to win, I go to have fun and play people whom I do not normally play and see how well any list I write would do in competition.
Ian: We are trying to help as many starving children as possible
Me: Wait a day and there will be less of them
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

The mix I love most is:

Cult troops: cheap, deadly in melee against elite and vehicles. You never have too many of them.

Kabal elite: the Trueborns are splendid shooters.

Coven heavy: take Cronos & Talos with option for long range shooting. Much more durable than ravagers and freightening even for dreadnoughts.

Coven HQ: its free pain point provides Feel No Pain to a unit! In addition, incredible choice of juicy weapons.

As much as I can, I place everything in units of 9 + Homonculus in a raider, no option.
Result: mobile (except talos) and relatively sturdy army.
Big trouble: up to 6 expandable HQ and many fragile vehicles give many easy VP if the scenario is 1 VP per unit destroyed.
Solution is to keep HQ number reasonable and increase size of units.

The spirit of Strength Through Pain is terrific to roleplay.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Post by Loki »

More importantly, where is this tournament and on what day?
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ
Slerac fellblade
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Slerac fellblade »

well Nicky it is in media PA and it is the last weekend of february
Ian: We are trying to help as many starving children as possible
Me: Wait a day and there will be less of them
Grandmasterfred
Executioner

Post by Grandmasterfred »

i recomend at least two units of witches in raiders and a few cheap units of kabalites to hold objectives while your witches do what they do
and in my experiance the odd humunculus with a shatterrifle for the most part discourages any characters from getting to near it and to save points give some one a web way gate if you plan on takeing witches or other assault units in reserve.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]