Kabal of the Eternal Tear. Dark Eldar 1500pts

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Hainzy
Dark Rider

Kabal of the Eternal Tear. Dark Eldar 1500pts

Post by Hainzy »

Hey all!

After getting in a few games in with the new Dark Eldar with varying success I'm going to try a twin webway portal list.

Bear with me...

HQ

2 x Haemonculus, each with a webway portal

Succubus, Agoniser, Haywire Grenades

TROOPS

9 X Wracks in Raider

9 X Wracks in Raider

10 x Wyches, Hekatrix with Agoniser

10 x Wyches, Hekatrix with Agoniser

10 x Warriors, Splinter Cannon in Raider

FAST ATTACK

5 Reavers, Blaster

9 Hellions

HEAVY SUPPORT

2 x Ravagers, Flicker Fields, Night Shields

Models 70

TOTAL 1497pts

So that's 5 scoring units 2 of which already have FNP (3 if the Wyches roll a pain token for combat drugs) and 70 models. I kept the units as cheap as I could so I could get more bodies on the table.

Ok my plan depends on the mission but basically chuck the Raiders 12' forwards disembark either the Haemonculi on thier own or with the Wracks, dump the two portals in the middle of the table and wing it from there.

Alot depends on the reserve rolls but I when stuff arrives hopefully there will be stuff to chop up. Also with 8 Dark Lances and a Blaster I should be able to take down most of my opponents armour hopefully.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

H :twisted:
Last edited by Hainzy on Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can take your vamp lord on zombie dragon, 48 graveguard, blackcoach, 3 wraiths, 2 units of dogs and your 3 units of 10 piddly zombies and shove them up your f&$%ing a$$.....

Worst game of warhammer I've ever played.....

"3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win"
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Quick analysis:
- 9 troops in a raider (instead of 10) allow a haemonculus to join and provide its pain token. Unvaluable.
- portals, what for??? for who??? especially if the hamonculus are on foot...
- hellions, very fragile when the Baron is not among them.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Hainzy
Dark Rider

Post by Hainzy »

Calisson wrote:Quick analysis:
- 9 troops in a raider (instead of 10) allow a haemonculus to join and provide its pain token. Unvaluable.
- portals, what for??? for who??? especially if the hamonculus are on foot...
- hellions, very fragile when the Baron is not among them.

Whoops!

Updated.

Ok.

Keep everything else in reserve apart form the two raiders with Haemonculi and Wracks and the Ravagers to pop vehicles.

The Haemonculi go in the Raider with the Wracks. Move forward 12' dump either the Haemonculi by himself or with the Wracks and activate the portals.

Then stuff comes through.

Calisson, my hellions have probalbly been overall my best unit in the last half a dozen games I've played. Moving 12' plus fleet means they get into combat quite quickly. Also Assault 2 poisoned shooting is a great at softening up units before my wyches get into combat thus providing and excellent supporting role IMO. But yes, the are squishy.

If you don't think they'll cut it how about adding a Talos Pain Engine. Still gives me a shooty unit that's hard to kill and can either mess up infantry or vehicles.

Appreciate your input Calisson.

Cheers,

H :twisted:
You can take your vamp lord on zombie dragon, 48 graveguard, blackcoach, 3 wraiths, 2 units of dogs and your 3 units of 10 piddly zombies and shove them up your f&$%ing a$$.....

Worst game of warhammer I've ever played.....

"3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win"
Anchanrogar
Corsair

Post by Anchanrogar »

It strikes me that you could replace the 2 portals with 2 raiders for the unmounted wyches and deploy everything on the table :P

That probably isn't what you wanted to read though...
A man without tea in him is incapable of comprehending either truth or beauty.
Darthken
Assassin
Location: Australia, the place where kangaroo's hop down the street with a can of fosters in their pouch

Post by Darthken »

yeah looks ok and i know you want bodies on the table

but maybe drop the warriors raider and give them a DL, this'll keep a DL on the table for tank busting, while freeing up a few extra points for;

a hydra gauntlet here, a flesh gauntlet their, a stun claw. combat drugs etc etc
you don't know the power of the darkside