2 - 1750 Badab War Star Phantoms lists

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

2 - 1750 Badab War Star Phantoms lists

Post by Kefka »

Hi all.
My buddies decided to haphazardly set up a Badab War campaign. The points limits will be set at 1750 (or 1850) for most games.
Now I am a new father and dont have much spending money, so I built these lists out of what I had spare kicking around unpainted. I don't have much wiggle room for spending, but buying a unit or two wont break my bank.

Also, the reason for two lists is because we will be using both the Forge World Badab rules, and we can also grab characters from BoLS play aid if we decide. Now my chapter, Star Phantoms, have two drastically different versions of Androcles, so I built a list around each one.

List 1 - Forgeworld Androcles

Androcles - 155
Command Squad - 250
Standard, Champion, 3x meltagun 3x powerfists

Land Raider Redeemer - 275
Extra armour, multi-melta, storm bolter

10 tactical Squad - 200
flamer, plasma cannon, power weapon, combi-plasma

10 tactical Squad - 200
flamer, plasma cannon, power weapon, combi-plasma

predator - 155
autocannon, lasscannon sponsons, extra armour, HK missle

5 devestators - 155
4 Heavy bolters

5 devestators - 230
4 lasscannon

vindicator - 135
dozerblade, extra armour

Now before people say "WAAAAGH! 5 heavy support choices???" The Forge World androcles makes devestators elite choices. he also makes a unit within 6" get +1 on the vehicle damage table.
General plan here is to sit back with the tanks and devs, shooting, androcles & company drive up the land raider and hit whatever they can, hard. Tactical squads grab objectives, and maybe split up if needed, plasma cannons hanging back.

List 2 - BoLS Androcles

Androcles - 175
Androcles Specters (command squad with Ambush ) - 240
champion, standard, 2x melta, 2x fists

10 tactical - 200
flamer, plasma, powersword, combi-plasma

10 Tactical - 200
flamer, plasma, powersword, combi-plasma

5 sternguard - 180
4 stormbolters, powersword.

10 assault squad - 250
3 plasma pistols, power sword

predator - 155
autocannon, lasscannon sponsons, extra armour, HK missle

Vidicator - 120
dozer blade

5 Devestators - 230
4x lasscannon

Now with this list, androcles give Tactical and sternguard marines SCOUT, so that's what they are going to do. androcles himself, and his command squad, have ambush, which lets them "deep strike" into a terrain piece, no scatter and no dangerous terrain, AND they can still assault. use the scouting squads as bait and have them pop-up and butcher any unsuspecting foes. Heavies hang back, and the assault squad acts as a diversion/ protects the heavies.

again, these lists are just what I have laying around. I can swap a unit or two, and upgrades/weapon options are always changeable. Thanks in advance!

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Krau27
Corsair

Post by Krau27 »

decent list, not really my style of playing granted (im more of a defenceive/take and hold style so your first list kinda plays that)

anyway i take it your playing alot of horde types, seeing as you take alot shooty and template things (plasma cannon HB etc), if not i would switch the flamer for a plasma gun or melta, or a HB or two for a Multi Melta to add that anti-armour punch, nothing better than frying a unit of termies with an AP1 melta,

also on your 2nd list i giving your Sternguard Vets a storm bolter almost isnt worth it you lose all the special ammo, granted you get 2 24" shots even if you move but ive been more than thankfull for having some special ammo when needed, (my unit of 5 took out 20 guardsmen, a basilisk, and put a wound on there commander and obliterated his command squad without Taking a single wound with dug in guardsmen )

those are just my imputs if it fits your playing style so be it,

oh also before if forget if you can toss in a melta bomb here or there makes for a nasty surprise if your opponent has some thick armor
Group 31 RPG
Kahlir Halath'tor
WS:4 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Weapons: Long Sword,Corsair Knife, Great Sword, Handbow 10 rounds
Armor:Light Armor,Town Guard Armor (Medium Armor),Cloak,Shield
Msc: Rations x5
Gold/Circlets/Widgets: 10
Stats: ziltch

Death, Doom and Distraction Join Up (this is my story)
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

Thanks for the feedback

I have recently decided to stick with the first list (the more shooty one) as it has worked better for me. I replaced the command squad with assault termies and androcles will sit back with a devestator squad to give them his special rule (+1 to your roll on the vehicle damage chart).
I changed the HB devestator squad to ML. I also shuffled some upgrades around (more specifically, off) and found room for a MotF with conversion beamer. he will hang back in a building and bolster it for one of my devestators, and provide some fire support.

Seeing as this is Badab War, I will mostly be faceing space marines. There is one guard player on the opposing side, but I already faced him with a poorer version of this list and won, So I think this will do.

Thanks for your help.

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Krau27
Corsair

Post by Krau27 »

not a problem, i play alot of Chaos and Tank Heavy IG, so dealing with armor/heavy infantry is almost a regular occurance lol, hope you do well!
Group 31 RPG
Kahlir Halath'tor
WS:4 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Weapons: Long Sword,Corsair Knife, Great Sword, Handbow 10 rounds
Armor:Light Armor,Town Guard Armor (Medium Armor),Cloak,Shield
Msc: Rations x5
Gold/Circlets/Widgets: 10
Stats: ziltch

Death, Doom and Distraction Join Up (this is my story)