Space Wolves 13th company?

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Subutai
Trainee Warrior

Space Wolves 13th company?

Post by Subutai »

Can a Space Wolves 13th company army still be fielded, or do the rules not support this anymore? Apologies if this is obvious; I have been out of the Games Workshop fold for about five, going on six, years now, and I understand a new edition of both Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000 have come out both of which I am trying to catch up on.
Now the 13th company was always my favourite force, but it seems that it is no longer playable, and that would be a crying shame if you ask me. So what is the status of the 13th company?

Thankyou :)
“A man’s greatest work is to break his enemies, to drive them before him, to take from them all the things that have been theirs, to hear the weeping of those who cherished them.”
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I am not certain but I am fairly sure that Eye of Terror lists went the same way as Storm of chaos lists and are no longer officially playable though that is no reason why you couldn't use them in friendly games with your opponent’s consent. Other than that you might have to make do with plain old Space Wolves.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Loran
Destroyer of Worlds
Location: Finland, the country people always think has penguins and polar bears walking in the streets...

Post by Loran »

Yeah, as far as I know the list is no longer official, so you can't field it at a GT. But there's nothing stopping you from using the list in friendly games :)

- Loran
<+Hyarion> "Loran may cause addiction to mindless online games"

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Subutai
Trainee Warrior

Post by Subutai »

Well I was in Games workshop today and asked the shop assistant, and was told that the best thing to do would be to use the existing range and rules but paint it like the 13th company. Which is rubbish, but hey ho! If I manage to meet people to game with outside of GW, then I am sure I will be able to put together a 13th company army. Until then though, I will have to look elsewhere...
“A man’s greatest work is to break his enemies, to drive them before him, to take from them all the things that have been theirs, to hear the weeping of those who cherished them.”