Flat out passengers

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Handsome jack
Executioner

Flat out passengers

Post by Handsome jack »

Am I reading this right? A skimmer that moves flat out gets a 4+ cover save when shot at in the next players turn, if it is immobilised it is destroyed as it is moving to fast to land, but it's passengers get out unharmed. Moving flat out only keeps you from disembarking in that movement phase. Greyknights in their flying machine of doom deploy 12 forward move flat out turn 1 getting 4+ cover immune to melta, when finally destroyed get out 2 inches ahead of base move forward 6 then assualt forward 6 hitting you anywhere on the board with drago and 5 palladins on turn 2. Games workshop appears to be saying play greyknights or lose. Are there no ill effects to being shot down in a skimmer which has moved flat out?
handsome jack
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Why would the pssengers get out unharmed?
Everything else is correct AFAIK.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Handsome jack
Executioner

Post by Handsome jack »

the only restriction on getting out of a transport moving flat out that I can find is in there own movement phase so if it's destroyed in my shooting phase I think it's just a pinning test.
handsome jack
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Don't have rulebook at the moment, but IIRC, the results of shooting a skimmer vary according to the speed of the skimmer during its previous movement phase.
What needs to be checked is what happens to the passengers of a destroyed vehicle.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}