Using a Razorwing as a Nightwing.

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Using a Razorwing as a Nightwing.

Post by Loki »

With the onset of 6th edition 40k rules and the addition of flyers, I have decided that I want some Nightwings for my Eldar army. However, I am not paying the arm and leg for the FW model, nor do I want to wait the 7 years (a conservative guess) til GW decides to produce them for the Eldar army. What is everyone's opinion on using the Dark Eldar Razorwing as a Eldar Nightwing? The only conversion really being the proper weapons swaps.
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

It seems like a good idea and should work.

The only challenge will be to ensure that there's no risk of confusion for your opponent regarding what the model is (particularly now that you can ally Dark Eldar together with Eldar in 6th ed). A strong colour theme for your Eldar Army that is extended to cover the Razorwing/Nightwing conversion will help a lot with that.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Post by Loki »

Yeah, it will be painted to go with the rest of my army. When you look at it without weapons and unpainted, its tough to see that it is distinctly dark eldar. The paint job/ weapons are really what makes it that way.
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Re: Using a Razorwing as a Nightwing.

Post by Gnosis »

As it turned out it wasn't 7 years, for a change ;)
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854