Sisters of Battle

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Archamedius
Black Guard

Sisters of Battle

Post by Archamedius »

Anyone have any comments on Sisters of Battle? I Played them a lot when during the Witch Hunters Codex era, and recently picked up the new Digital Codex online on a whim to try and see if I Could turn them into something of a competitive list again. Aside from the lack of flier support or anti-air They don't seem that bad, but I am not sure with them being basically 2 points cheaper than a marine for a significantly reduced stat line if maybe I am just being overly hopeful.

Perhaps part of my drive to it was with the release of escalation and the push to have escalation be tournament legal (some local tournaments around here are already adopting it) I felt like the Adepta Sororitas' easy access to lots of melta would make it very easy to score lots of points off those larger class super-heavies.

Again maybe I am just being overly hopeful.

Anyone have any experience or perhaps have any suggestions on where to look for advice?

Thanks.

Arch
------

- Pain is Temporary, Knowledge is forever.
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Sisters of Battle

Post by xFallenx »

I LOVE my SOB or Adepta Sororitas (This was an issue with the alliance chart, though in a friendly it shouldn't be). You can check out: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/foru ... of-battle/ which isn't bad. They have a few updates per day, nowhere near as healthy as this site.
So far as builds go, the Immo spam is the taste of the month, but I prefer the blob squad with Inq support.

My WIP list
Order of the Violet Shroud:
2,000p SOB w Inq Detachment:
HQ: 319pts
Uriah Jacobus: 100p
Priest: 25p
Priest: 25p
Ordo Malleus Inquisitor, Hellrifle, 3x Servo Skulls, Tome of Vethric: 69p
Cortez w Divination: 100p.

Elites/Troops: 702p
1xJokaero 35p, 8x Psykers 80p, 3 Acolyte w Plasma 42p: 157p
20x Sisters w Simulacrum 1xFlamer & 1 x Melta: 295p
5x Battle Sisters w Simulacrum, Rhino & 2x Flamer: 120
5x Battle Sisters w Simulacrum, Rhino & 2x Melta: 130

Fast Attack: 520p
5x Dominion, Simulacrum, 2x Flamer, Repressor: 160p
5x Dominion, Simulacrum, 2x Melta, Repressor: 170p
5x Seraphim, 2x Hand Flamers: 85P
5x Seraphim, 2x Inferno Pistols: 105P

Heavy: 250p2
x Exorcist: 250p

Fort: 100p
Ageis Def line: 100p.

Total: 1,891p
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0
Archamedius
Black Guard

Post by Archamedius »

Have you got any thoughts on the Avenger Strike Fighter?

How are you handling armies like triple helldrake spam, etc.?
------

- Pain is Temporary, Knowledge is forever.
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

No interest as it's an assault flyer & the only unit that I would need in it is the repentia which can't use it. SoB battle stick with the almighty trinity, the rest are usually distraction. If you're playing tourney's, you'll have to look into that further on the Bolter Chainsword site as there are a few of those players there.

The mates & I are pretty casual so we usually play with what we have and adjust to what we know we'll see. This list is for a larger Escalation campaign starting Feb 8 built towards my end goal army for the finale, I just need to confirm that the rules work the way I think they may. As it's an escalation I do expect there to be some adjustments through each level, but I wanted something to build towards & I think that this should be able to handle anything I'll see...

This is my WIP area as I need to clarify the rules before committing (I've only played 40K 5 times to date, 4 with the old book, 1 with the new & I'm batting 1000% so far. I've faced Dark Angels, Deamons, Orks & IG so far) but this is my thinking for those types of threats (Which aren't played in my area, but Wrathknights are plenty) Long range fire power is left in the hands of the Inq & Exo's (Put in order of implementation for Psyker preservation sake):

~ Cotez w divination & "I've been expecting you rule for deep striking within 12"
~ 3x Servo Skulls to force deep strikes into 12" of Cotez.
~ Jokero's rule's, specifically Improved gun sights(2), Penetrating Ammo(4) & the works(6) as well as his choice of Lascannon or Multi-Melta in every shooting phase.
~ The Quad gun both with & without Cotez rule.
~ Plasma Guns
~ Hellrifle (Can't remember the rules, but I believe it's rending and as a solid AP).
~ Melta guns (If within range & opportunity to do so)
~ 40 Bolter shots from the SoB Unit (If within range & opportunity to do so)
~ 2x Exo's (May look for further points for a 3rd)
~ Psyker shot (Big risk (Perils of the Warp isn't good as you could lose Cotez, but he's not the warlord for either group), big reward): 36" S10 AP10

Specialty armies like Helldrake spam often have a lot of points left off the table. Couple that with the fact that the units on the table are usually only the tax to play the game they usually start on the back foot. So in that case I would start with almost everything on the table (Dependent on what's across from me) & rush him. That'll usually force him to deal with too many fires to deal with at once. Maximize cover & or space between models when/where applicable.
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0