Hi I'm New with Roleplay Ideas...

Create and trade characters and discuss aspects of the RPG.

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Norelle
Executioner

Hi I'm New with Roleplay Ideas...

Post by Norelle »

I generally prefer to do roleplay with just one partner, as I get too confused with more than that. There are two storylines I want to do and I will say they get R rated at points. The first one is one I developed after reading the 'Malekith' novel and wondering why he was still a bachelor.
It's either based in the colony or before he goes there, since I want Morathi involved as well.
It involves Malekith meeting and eventually marrying an Elf maiden who gives him two children before dying when the children are still quite young, due to long term poisoning by Morathi. Then it follows the children's lives up until the Sundering, then during and after it. If me and my partner like it enough we might post the story on the forums.
Another one involing Malekith is based in the colonies based off of an idea a user gave me posting in another thread of mine.
Malekith has a brief but passionate affair with an Elf maiden and upon discovering she's pregnant takes steps to hide her and his child and it will follow said baby's life.
The other one is based in Warhammer 40000. I am still relatively new to that one and want someone who can help me with battle scenes and everything else with the lore.
It involves an artificial super soldier who was bred to be a mindless killer for the Imperium, who would follow orders without question. The main character, Echo, was one of the few that survived past infancy, but as a child was rescued from the facility and raised by a retired soldier. It goes on with her adventures and mainly her interactions with the Dark Eldar, Asdrubael Vect, who makes a game out of capturing her and being sexual with her.
All of thes, mainly the two Malekith ones, are alternate history, the Vect is not so much, but definately the Malekith ones. I've actually thought out a lot of the plotline, and even the names of some of characters.
Ok as for format, to roleplay I generally only prefer one partner otherwise I get confused rather easily, and it's easier to talk one-on-one about how the story is supposed to go. I need a partner whose very well versed in the lore and thinks they can do 'canon' characters, like King Snorri, Malekith, Yeasir, etc, since I'll most likely be doing my OCs since I'm more comfortable with them. It won't be on forums unless we post it completed afterwards, so it will probably be on YIM, or through e-mails. I have no set time limit, I generally wait to see how a storyline goes on it's own, without worrying about a deadline. As for how I want it written out, I don't kno what you'd call this but this is how I usually do my roleplays.

*She looked up in the sky, the warm sun playing on her skin, before dunking under the cool water once again...*

Obviously it will be longer fo rthe real thing, but that's a sample of how I usually do my roleplays.
So I'll be here, hope some of you are interested!!!
P.S. I apologize to any users who gave me ideas, I'm not good at remembering names. XP
EDIT : Lord Damian Valar gave me the second Malekith idea. XD
Thanks for that!!!
Last edited by Norelle on Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

Anyone? XP
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Our forum RPG is more geared towards people not being the heir to Malekiths' throne, so using our character creation process most people on the site will be coming up with mercenary characters. If you wanted to run something like this on your own, you'll need to post up how you actually intend to play it and how to create a character for it etc, rather than simply stating what the storyline will be.

As for Roleplaying as Asdrubael Vect and his sex slave, I didn't realise internet dating had advanced this far already :lol:
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

Well the characters are my OCs and basically I need someone who would be willing to play Malekith and Morathi and maybe other canon characters. Same with Asdrubael Vect, I need someone who can play him, but you can use OC Dark Eldar of your own because she fights with them at times, among other enemies as she becomes a mercenary, but mainly the storyline is about her interactions with Dark Eldar, mainly Vect.
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

*ABOUT AS CANON AS IT GETS!

Post by Raneth »

*WELCOME, PUNY HUMAN.
*YOU MAY CALL ME VECT.
*THESE ARE MY HAEMONCULI.
*ENJOY YOUR STAY HERE.
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Is it a GM you want or a player? The style of what you have in mind would jar too much with the fluff for me, but it might be useful for anyone who is more into that to know which one you're looking for and I wasn't sure :)

I'd have to say ... in my opinion Malekith doesn't have a wife for one reason: Morathi doesn't want anyone else to share her power base. And why would Asdrubael Vect want a Human supersoldier sex slave? He even found Lady Malys boring.

But, though we obviously differ in what we want to do with the fluff, maybe you could market your ideas as a kind of alternative history? That approach might work.
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

Syjahel wrote:Is it a GM you want or a player? The style of what you have in mind would jar too much with the fluff for me, but it might be useful for anyone who is more into that to know which one you're looking for and I wasn't sure :)

I'd have to say ... in my opinion Malekith doesn't have a wife for one reason: Morathi doesn't want anyone else to share her power base. And why would Asdrubael Vect want a Human supersoldier sex slave? He even found Lady Malys boring.

But, though we obviously differ in what we want to do with the fluff, maybe you could market your ideas as a kind of alternative history? That approach might work.

Well like I said I am still learning the fluff, and yes they are alternate history for the most part. I just have a bit of a crush on Malekith, so hence why I give him wives. XD
And I'm curious about him being a daddy...^.^
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Anyone else reminded of this?
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Raneth wrote:Anyone else reminded of this?
Ah... good times, good times. Thanks for jumpstarting the ol' memory. :)

First of all, Norelle, welcome to our little corner of the Internet.

If you're looking for stories about Malekith in possibly fictional/alternate settings, Mornar Shethurith wrote several chapters of a story some five years ago and posted them in the History forum. They were very well received.

... All this is making me feel mighty old.

As for the roleplaying, I'm not sure I can help. My interpretation of the canon characters is... well... not really canon. Think Muppet Show.
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

Tarbo wrote:
Raneth wrote:Anyone else reminded of this?
Ah... good times, good times. Thanks for jumpstarting the ol' memory. :)

First of all, Norelle, welcome to our little corner of the Internet.

If you're looking for stories about Malekith in possibly fictional/alternate settings, Mornar Shethurith wrote several chapters of a story some five years ago and posted them in the History forum. They were very well received.

... All this is making me feel mighty old.

As for the roleplaying, I'm not sure I can help. My interpretation of the canon characters is... well... not really canon. Think Muppet Show.

Hahaha!!!
Well my interpretation may not be totally accurate either. Still I hope I can find myself a roleply partner. ^.^
Thank you for the lik btw, it looks interesting. Though wouldn't Aenarion be disgusted with what Malekith and Morathi have done?
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

I still need a partner...XP
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

Hello?
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Patience, grasshopper. :) Druchii.net, in comparison to other sites, can be slow in replies to a topic, though I prefer to call her 'thoughtful'.

If you're anxious to get going, consider reading through previous and running RPG groups, see whose styles you find appealing, and send them a message. You can also check the brand new and shiny SAU forum for candidates, or the stories in the History ("fluff") forum, which you've already found.

Perhaps you could give possibly interested parties a hint of what to expect by answering questions they are likely to have, such as: will this play on the forums or on a more direct medium (IM, IRC)? Is this free form or will there be rules of some kind? Are you aiming for a timespan to play (weeks, months) or will you see what time brings?
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

Tarbo wrote:Patience, grasshopper. :) Druchii.net, in comparison to other sites, can be slow in replies to a topic, though I prefer to call her 'thoughtful'.

If you're anxious to get going, consider reading through previous and running RPG groups, see whose styles you find appealing, and send them a message. You can also check the brand new and shiny SAU forum for candidates, or the stories in the History ("fluff") forum, which you've already found.

Perhaps you could give possibly interested parties a hint of what to expect by answering questions they are likely to have, such as: will this play on the forums or on a more direct medium (IM, IRC)? Is this free form or will there be rules of some kind? Are you aiming for a timespan to play (weeks, months) or will you see what time brings?

Ok, will post there and see what I wrangle up.
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

Ok, hope this works and heps anyone whose interested.
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

I will not let my thread die!!! Not until I get a partner!!!
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

Aw, man this stinks...XP
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

Wow, my thread is dead it appears...
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Carathyle maveric »

If you care to play an RPG, then creat a character in theCharacter Creation Thread. The word is a link ;)[/url]

Carathyle Maveric:(Group 28 Warrior)
Ws:5 S:4 T:3 D:4 I:3
Equipment:
Enchanted* Obsidian Long sword, MC Light armour, Dark Steed(Sephirah), Shield, MC Longbow(89 arrows), 56 Circlets, Maibed Dagger, Asur Spear and Disguise.
Skills: Ride, Acrobatics
*Increased Strength, holds the soul of his father
Norelle
Executioner

Post by Norelle »

Well, it seems the only thing I can do now...
I guess I will...