Like to play RP:)

Create and trade characters and discuss aspects of the RPG.

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Assani
Highborn

Like to play RP:)

Post by Assani »

Hey

I have been thinking about trying out RP here on Druchii.net for some time. I have read a lot of posts lately, and a lot of them are really god, creds to all of u:).

I have done some post RP some years ago, so I got some experience with it. I have on the other hand played a lot of RP thru the years, Merp, Rolemaster, Shadowrun and Warhammer.

If I understand it correctly, I make a char in the pool, and hope to get picked by a moderator?

(btw, any groups have a free spot?)

Cheers

Khitai - Khanite - Group 38
WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Skills: Ambidexterity, Two Weapon Fighting
Equipment: 2xfine scimitars, dagger
Inventory: Gold 30, Crowns 40, 1 Red ruby
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Carathyle maveric »

Okay pal, maybe an idea.

[color=red]
Make a Character in the [url="http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=69329"]Character Creation Thread[/url]

From there, you can get scouted into one of the running groups.

At the moment there are a couple of groups that are running, Groups 22, 28, 30 -> 34 are all active, though the speed is different in all of these.

Group 22 for example has the highest speed of them all, deadlines of 1 day each. Group 28 and 32 are both "slow-paced" groups with a variable/no deadline system, so you can get posts within days, and then you won't have one for a week for example.

Group 30 has a longer deadline, last one is 2 weeks.

Group 31(my own), 33(mine as well) and 34 all have deadlines consisting of 2 days each, which is a fine pace to play on.

All the groups have a fine mod. Again, what you need to do, this time a summery:

1) Go to the Character Creation Thread
2) Create a Character
3) wait for an invitation.
4) decide whether or not you want to play in that group.

Good luck ^_^

Carathyle Maveric:(Group 28 Warrior)
Ws:5 S:4 T:3 D:4 I:3
Equipment:
Enchanted* Obsidian Long sword, MC Light armour, Dark Steed(Sephirah), Shield, MC Longbow(89 arrows), 56 Circlets, Maibed Dagger, Asur Spear and Disguise.
Skills: Ride, Acrobatics
*Increased Strength, holds the soul of his father
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Well that is not quite accurate, group 28 has a three day deadline but that is rather besides the point of the original post.

Yes you just need to make a character in the CC thread and wait for a mod to need/want new players. Obviously the better you make your character the more likely you are to be picked quickly which usually means a good in depth background. Unfortunately group 28 is pretty much full at the moment having just taken on two new players but it is possible that others may be will to take new arrivals.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

I would place a wager on Group 34, group 32 and group 31. Both groups are fairly good, both are active, and not to forget, both are fun :P

Try group 34 first, as it is the newest of the three, so they're most likely be looking for some... additional players.

Group 32 is ideal if you don't have much time to post(I guess)
Silic wrote: We are "Laid-back" and "Character-moved"
or something in that direction, the laid back is true btw.

Group 31 is my own group, I'm always looking for new players and basicly, when I don't need them, I decline any interest.

Good luck with choosing from the choosable groups :D

Equipment:
Enchanted* Obsidian Long sword, MC Light armour, Dark Steed(Sephirah), Shield, MC Longbow(89 arrows), 56 Circlets, Maibed Dagger, Asur Spear and Disguise.
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

post up a character in the CC thread and I'll be happy to have you Assani, we've just started so there won't be much catching up required.

Welcome to the deep dark of the RPforum :D
Opus vos liberaverit
Assani
Highborn

Post by Assani »

I have put a post up in CC. Hope my spelling is ok, and I make myself understood.

Smiller, if u feel me or the char wont fit in ur groupe, thats ok, but I will try my best all the way ;)

WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

I spotted in the first part many grammar errors, and just a few mistakes. By now I'm used to this, as one of my main players is Dyslectic and his parts are always puzzles :P(no offence meant) So I got used to it. The story is very... odd to say the least, it's good, it's sound, it's something to be proud of. Being Norwegian isn't a good excuse by the way, I'm dutch so...

Equipment:
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

Pipe down maveric :P

The story is fair enough and I'll ask the group if they are willing to let you join. It's early and you've made a fine character so I'm sure they'll be happy to have you.
Opus vos liberaverit
Assani
Highborn

Post by Assani »

Mav: I know that beeing Norwegian is not an excuse, but that explains why my grammar is not that good, thats all. So the story sounded better in my head in Norwegian than it did on paper in English :( . But... i sticking with it :lol:

WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

smiler666 wrote:I'll ask the group if they are willing to let you join. It's early and you've made a fine character so I'm sure they'll be happy to have you.
Catch us if you can, mate! The group is running fast!

Carathyle Maveric wrote:Being Norwegian isn't a good excuse by the way, I'm Dutch so...
Could have been worse. Other nations in Europe have traditionally lesser English skills.
That's my alleged reason to roleplay here: it forces me to practice my English. ;)
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Calisson wrote:Could have been worse. Other nations in Europe have traditionally lesser English skills.
That's my alleged reason to roleplay here: it forces me to practice my English. ;)

To be fair, most of the English people on the internet today have worse English language skills than any of Dnets foreign members. I wouldn't worry about it :P

I think my group is made up of English, Australian & Dutch members and none of them seem any different in their posts to me (apart from when they say "Crikey mate")

;)
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Kinslayer wrote:
Calisson wrote:Could have been worse. Other nations in Europe have traditionally lesser English skills.

To be fair, most of the English people on the internet today have worse English language skills than any of Dnets foreign members. I wouldn't worry about it :P

I think my group is made up of English, Australian & Dutch members and none of them seem any different in their posts to me (apart from when they say "Crikey mate")

;)

You are correct on the part that there are people who doesn't even KNOW english grammar/spelling.

countries like France is rather low on the English part, due to the origin of the language. I don't have any problem with english, due to my dutch language(though you will see that in my grammar, and the continued word abuse due to lack of other words... for those words(there you have one :D)). The origin of the dutch language is Germanic(or teutonic, same word.), so... the same as German and English. Dutch consists of multiple languages(DAMN MY LANGUAGE! >.<) and therefore is pretty hard to learn, among the hardest to learn languages.

French has a gallian(hope I say that right >.<) origin, which means its harder for me, as a person who is born and raised in one of the languages that has as its origin Teutonic.

Norwegian is... I think Scandinavian origin language(sorry, not so good in the history of the languages).

Another fun example, You know that Italian has its roots in Latin? Or greek in Old Greek(DUH?)?

Equipment:
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Calisson wrote:
smiler666 wrote:I'll ask the group if they are willing to let you join. It's early and you've made a fine character so I'm sure they'll be happy to have you.
Catch us if you can, mate! The group is running fast!

Well, actually... You do know he can just... let the character wash a shore near you? Or walk over the cliffs toward you with the story that Ironcliffs(SMILER WHERE THE (***) DID YOU GET THAT NAME! IT SUCKS LIKE HELL, SOUNDS LIKE A (***) ORGE NAME! just kidding around, relax) threw her/him/it off his board, because he... was too heavy, I don't know, ask Assani.

They do live in the same timeline, yet follow a different time pattern. Your character walks 5 miles in an hour than stops for an hour, mine walks 5 in 2 hours. They start at the same time, yet they have different time patterns, see?

Equipment:
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

I have already come up with how Assani will arrive, and there's a lot more story behind it than "he was a bit slower" :P
Opus vos liberaverit
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

I think Gareth Ironcliff actually sounds more Dwarven than either Elven (certainly Druchii) or Ogre. In either case, the use of names by another moderator (or anything else...) should not be insulted. Messages which are meant quite light hearted when typed over a forum can appear quite offensive or rude.

As for Assani joining the Group 34 expedition, I think it would be a lot more interesting if he was already on the Bretonnian shore (perhaps a prisoner in the beacon tower?) after another raider ship crashed or was destroyed. But, at the end of the day, it is down to smiler666 to decide these things.
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

agreed my friend, but still, I find that name is pretty bad :P I mean, Gareth, okay, quite... elvish. Ironcliffs... sounds like an ogre Tyrant in my opinion.

It's up to you for the names, I suck at them, though when I get in a surge of names, I always pick out the elven names and add them to my characters. Funny how Carathyle was thought of :P

As Kinslayer already said, place Assani's(damn it, I keep typing Assassin, probably something to do with one of my stories) character somewhere on the shoreline. Prisoner in the beacon tower, undercover guard(that's the best cover you can have as a Druchii, replacing a human :D), perhaps a world traveler, who knows. And damn it! why is Druchii so active tonight? :D I LOVE IT!

Equipment:
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

Carathyle Maveric wrote:As Kinslayer already said, place Assani's(damn it, I keep typing Assassin, probably something to do with one of my stories) character somewhere on the shoreline. Prisoner in the beacon tower, undercover guard(that's the best cover you can have as a Druchii, replacing a human :D)

smiler666 wrote:I have already come up with how Assani will arrive, and there's a lot more story behind it than "he was a bit slower" :P
Opus vos liberaverit
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

@ Carathyle Maveric
Germanic languages include German, Dutch, English (which has a strong French influence) and all Scandinavian languages exept Finnish and Sane. All cousins!
Latin branch includes Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Romanian, French.
The other large linguistic group in Europe is the slavic one (Polish, Russian, and so on).

There are other branches of the Indo-European tree, such as Greek, Lithuanian and Gaelic, but also Farsi (Iranian), Kurdish, some Afghan languages and roughly two third of the many languages spoken in India. Hence the name of the Indo-European family (a very wide one).

But other European languages don't belong to the Indo-European group:
Finnish & Estonian, Hungarian, Basque.

Dutch is probably not more difficult as German, as far as I know, because of the more relaxed grammar, and despite the pronounciation.
English is easier for those "small" nations where Hollywood flicks are not translated and people watched the English version since they were very young. Belonging to a germanic branch helps, of course.

Kinslayer wrote:I think Gareth Ironcliff actually sounds more Dwarven...
...the use of names should not be insulted. Messages which are meant quite light hearted when typed over a forum can appear quite offensive or rude.
I did not know that Gareth Ironcliff had such a rude meaning in Dwarven language :?
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Calisson wrote:@ Carathyle Maveric
Dutch is probably not more difficult as German, as far as I know, because of the more relaxed grammar.
English is easier for those "small" nations where Hollywood flicks are not translated and people watched the English version since they were very young. Belonging to a germanic branch helps, of course.

Dude, you're playing with fire here. Dutch grammar is ALL BUT relaxed. We got(and now I'm going dutch on you, reason: I don't know how to say it in english):Persoonvorm, werkwoorden, hulpwerkwoorden, voornaamwoorden, bijwoorden, voorvoegsels, lidwoorden, zelfstandige werkwoorden, and that's only the build up for a sentence(believe me, I wasn't done). furthermore, we got so many rules for grammar that you can't write a sentence or your making a mistake. Dutch... isn't easy.

Want an example?

Equipment:
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

The grammar is not really relaxed as applied laxly. That's no one's fault but our own. It is difficult to learn, remember, and consistently apply rules if you are a distinct minority to even bother; much like mathematics are difficult if you never learn the basic principles. It doesn't help that "Common Dutch" is anything but common.

Still, I'm with Calisson on this one. In my opinion, the language itself isn't any more complicated than those spoken in our neighbouring countries. We just foul up a lot more because we are a small enough community to adapt to each other's idiosyncrasies, and we're culturally reluctant to be grammar nazis.

But, well, we shouldn't hijack the thread.
Assani
Highborn

Post by Assani »

From my point of view, Dutch, German, French, are all difficult language to learn:). I had French at school, and did not get the hang of it at all:(

But anyway....., seems like I can join groupe 34?

Btw, would norweigan be difficult for u guys to learn?

WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Assani wrote:seems like I can join groupe 34?
If the mod picks you up. :roll:

Assani wrote:From my point of view, Dutch, German, French, are all difficult language to learn :). I had French at school, and did not get the hang of it at all :(
The hardest language to learn is the first one. It takes many years to learn to speak & write correctly the mother tongue. U'r never 2 old 2 lern ow 2 sp3k, because the language evolves.
The first foreign language is the more difficult to learn as you do it older.
The second foreign language is easier. The more you learn, the easier (or so they say). Of course, the closest to a language you know already, the easier.

Assani wrote:Btw, would norweigan be difficult for u guys to learn?
Depends. ;)
Riksmål / Boksmål should be rather easy to learn for a Swede or a Dane,
while Landsmål and Nynorsk should appeal more to an Islander or a Feroean.
Samnorsk would be in-between.
For a French, they look all alike.. and odd. ;) At least, the grammar seems easier than German.

Yourself, would you be able to read Snorri Sturluson's Edda?
Assani
Highborn

Post by Assani »

Hope he does :D

Nope, don't think I can read it...., or I know I can't..

WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

NOT to trash anyone or something like that, but Smiler, have you accepted this guy into your group? If so, then this thread can be closed.

-Maveric

Equipment: