Path of Chaos RPG - Anyone interested?

Create and trade characters and discuss aspects of the RPG.

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Path of Chaos RPG - Anyone interested?

Post by Kinslayer »

I am planning a couple of new sideline RPG games for the new year, as well as the Blood Bowl RPG which is ongoing and those held by other members. I narrowed it down to two choices, of which I will likely only play one, although running both is an option if the demand is there. That is the purpose of these threads, just to draw in interest and get an idea on who will be interested in what.

Path of Chaos is an RPG I created on Chamber of the Everchosen several years ago which someone took over when I left, but which seems to have died out since then. I can't find the old threads and mechanics of it, but basically the game is set in the Chaos Wastes and you roleplay as a group of Chaos Marauders. You can pick to worship either Khorne, Nurgle, Slaanesh, Tzeentch or Chaos Undivided. Your ultimate goal is to become a mighty Warrior of Chaos, by undertaking tasks given to you in visions by your god(s). Along the way you earn upgrades in the form of chaos mutations and new equipment etc.

This game would run just like the regular Druchii.net RPG but with minimal NPC interaction, and with a lot more upgrades / stat boosts in a shorter space of time.

If you think it might interest you, please say so here this week.
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

Personally I would love to take part in this. What with having three different WOC armies, a DOC army and a beastman army all worshipping Nurgle, I think my reasoning will be fairly evident :) But I digress, sounds interesting and looks to promise a pretty fast pace (if it gets going, seems the D.net community prefer castratees wearing tin cans - not that I'm bitter :lol: )
Opus vos liberaverit
dreadlord7476
Cold One Knight

Post by dreadlord7476 »

sounds like fun ill join
Twitter @dreadlord7476

the dead savoir nothing, revenge is a dish for the living

kailleth blackthorn Group 38
Warrior
ws5 s4 t3 d3 i4
2long swords, light armour, sheld
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

I like this idea better then the HH RPG you were working on. And where the HH is a set amount of time (as in there will probably only be one goal that we all reach and then the end) This RPG can probably continue on for awhile (like group 22!)
What would make it even better is if we did some behind the scenes stuff, like RPed with you a few things in secret over PM that the other players don't know about (this goes double for Tzeentch players). Then bust out surprises later.

I would totally be in on this, more so then the HH RP (but I would probably still do both if you put both up... just please finish the BB RG first...)

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

Kefka wrote:What would make it even better is if we did some behind the scenes stuff, like RPed with you a few things in secret over PM that the other players don't know about (this goes double for Tzeentch players). Then bust out surprises later.

^please this, you are all going to get sooo much rot :D
Opus vos liberaverit
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

Hmm, I wonder who would be interested in nurgle...

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Okay, I'll leave the Horus Heresy idea for now unless it gets more interest and begin writing up the new mechanics and charts for this system instead. The idea with the BBRPG is to have it run constantly, since it only requires a small amount of modding by myself, so this would run alongside it.

Is anyone else interested?
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

If this actually goes down, blood for the Blood God!
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
dreadlord7476
Cold One Knight

Post by dreadlord7476 »

ya im in. the dark Prince will have Satisfaction
Twitter @dreadlord7476

the dead savoir nothing, revenge is a dish for the living

kailleth blackthorn Group 38
Warrior
ws5 s4 t3 d3 i4
2long swords, light armour, sheld
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

You might want to take a looksie over here - http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?p=841150#841150 ;)