Group 11

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Beastmaster kurlan »

Kurlan followed the shade through the woods, getting caught up in the dense undergrowth and doing his best to keep up with the fast pace. He threw his head to each side trying pick up any sense of movement but saw nothing and continued, when suddenly the shade lashed out unexpectedly, Kurlan was knocked backwards by the shades crossbow butt slamming into his jaw. Attempting to recover he was greeted by a knee to the stomach, starving his body of air, his lungs alight with pain.

Disorientated and in pain Kurlan clears his throat and stares down the shades crossbow, I don’t know what the bloody hell your trying to pull, but Isak is clearly distraught with the loss of his nephew, the truth is exactly what we told you, This is the second time our group has offered to help your clan, and what do you do, you spit in my face? Well I will tell you this, as a mercenary I do not expect the greatest treatment so I will offer you the chance to drop your weapon and we can resume the search, for I am fair. If you do not partake in my generosity you had best hope the first shot you fire kills me dead, because if it does not, I will tear you down with my bare hands

At this Kurlan rises to his feet, in a stance ready to charge and launch himself at the shade should he refuse to drop his weapon, continuing to stare down the shade.
i cant seem to make friends! add me to msn you losers!

Kurlan the violent (trainee of khaine)

WS: 3
S:5
T:4
D:5
I:2

two short swords, dagger, 4 throwing knives, 500 gold coins, unarmed combat skill

Group 17 Mod
Lot1loe
Executioner

Post by Lot1loe »

IC: Dav quickly fell behind the shade, unaccustomed to the woods and armored as she was. When she caught up, Isak and the shade she was talking to quickly ended their conversation, clearly not wanting her to hear. The rest of the shades slowly made their way down, with Tabok at the rear.

From the moment he was close enough for Dav to see his face, she knew she would have to come up with a more substantial explaination. Thinking a mile a minute, she finally came up with a desperate gambit. If it payed off, things would be going very well for the group, even the shades if they were fast and smart enough to escape and stay alive. If it went wrong however, they were all dead. THey were forbbiden from mentioning or involving their employer, but what of their enemies...

When Tabok finished his accusation, Dav replied in her most persuasive and believable voice, I was hoping our prior, friendly engagement and our offer to help would allow things to go more smoothly, but it appears you need more proof. I will therefore tell you more of our mission. We are tracking another filthy dog by the name of Oriic Doomfang. He works for the same employer as Ikebi Vilepaw, the mutual enemy that brought us together before. He is heading to the lands of the Norsewmen through these mountain, and erhaps some of his scouts killed your nephew. If you do not believe it is mere coincidence, fine. I say if it isn't, then it is Khaine himself who has show disfavor towards our mutual enemies and brought us together that they may be utterly destroyed. In any case, they seem a more likely culprit than us, who have allied with you in the past and given you no reason to distrust us than being here. If nothing else, let us continue to help you hunt the killers. If we are innocent, we could be an asset, and if you find real reason to doubt us, you can always kill us later. Dav ended her speech, and offered a silent prayer to Khaine that it would be believed. Then they could not only escape alive, but unleash the bloodthirsty fury of a shade clan upon their foes...
Name: Dareth Hellscar
Class: Trainee of Khaine
Stats: WS5 S4 T3 D4 I2
Skills: Two weapon fighting, Uncontrolable frenzy
Equipment: Short sword, Dagger
Discipleofkhaine
Noble

Post by Discipleofkhaine »

OOC: Sorry for the delay, it was an unusually hectic week.

IC: Rhyithan and Diana: Though the fight is over, the time for rest has not come yet. Rhyithan, not wanting to blow his cover, stands despite his wound and begins to charge at Diana. Diana, springs to her feet as Rhyithan quickly closes the gap between them. Luckily for the female shade, Rhyithan's wound is not as healthy as he had assumed. The exertion of the charge causes a surge of pain shoots from his leg and causes him to stumble back to his knee's. Meanwhile, Diana uses this as a chance to escape, running back into the forest and disappearing.

Rhyithan looks at his leg and curses, as he finds that the wound, though not life threatening, is much deeper than he presumed and will hinder his movement greatly. Looking back over his shoulder he sees his shade patrol comrade leaning against a nearby tree, eyes squeezed shut in pain, breathing shallow breathes.

Diana, you continue to run and dodge through the trees adrenaline and the primal urge to escape your pursuers fueling your flight. However, with your head focused on escape and not your surroundings, you unintentionally break through the line of trees suddenly and emerge into the open clearing between the forest and the mountain base. To your horror, not 300 yards to your northwest is a large gathering of shades, along with Dav, standing in council. Your quick burst into the open quickly gathers their attention.

Lex: With your scouting of the village complete, you decide it would be best to have Diana by your side for the assault. Turning back, you follow her trail as best you can to locate her. After a couple of minutes, you are given a bit of luck, or perhaps misfortune. A clamor from up ahead, the sound of shouting and crossbow fire, as well as a loud clanging of a dropped blade, ring through the trees.

Presuming that the source of this commotion could be none other than your missing friend you quicken pace. When you come to the clearing, you find that Diana is already gone, yet Rhyithan and the shade he was partnered with are present. They both seem to have been injured and are dressing their wounds.

Kurlan: The shade looks at you with disgust, even as you try to reason with him. The Red Mist of Khaine begins to fill your eyes, and it takes all of your power to control it and yourself from a full fledged butchery of this shade. Suddenly, there is a loud clamor to the east, something like the sound of a large blade being dropped, followed by yelling.

Believing that your friends have finally double crossed his tribe, the shade makes his judgement upon you and pulls back the hammer on his crossbow, locking a bolt in place. Seeing as the time for negotiations are over, you leap through the air at the shade. The shade is able to loose two shots before you reach him, the first cutting through your cloak, the second finding a home in your left shoulder. You roar in pain but the red mist has painted all that you see in death. Your right hand reaches out and sinks into the throat of the shade as your body collides with him and sends him to the ground. He drops his crossbow and reaches to your hand on his throat, trying desperately to free himself, but the Red Mist that fills your mind desires his soul and will not yield itself to his petty urges of life. After half a minute or so you watch as his body makes its last final twitches before the suffocation is complete.

You stand from your victims corpse and pull the bolt from your shoulder. Luckily, the wound is shallow, and although the wound has restricted the range of motion of your left arm, you still are able to raise it and swing it to some extent.

Dav: Tabok listens to your words, and it seems that your well thought out speech strikes a chord with his sense of reason, despite the fact that it is buried deep within a pit of sorrow. Before the shade chieftain can reply, there is a large commotion that rings from the forest. You hear the sound of a blade dropping to the ground, followed by much yelling.

"It seems that one of the patrols has encountered the enemy" Isak says, "We should move to intercept them and evaluate what the situation is."

Tabok's eyes return to the face of his son, who seemingly rests peacefully in his arms. "Very well" he begins before returning his gaze to you, "You shall lead my men as I return my son to our village. We shall see if your actions measure up to your words."

Suddenly, the tension in the group seems to become a tangible thing as one of the shades points silently to the east. You spin around to see a lone shade figure, undoubtedly belonging to Diana, bursting from the tree line not 300 yards to the south east. Tabok's calm demeanor is replaced by burning rage as he spots the assailant, and roars with conviction. "There is one of the assassins! After her! Bring her to me alive! I want to shear the flesh from her bones myself!"

POST DEADLINE: Wednesday, July 1
Almundis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Almundis »

Rhyithan watched as Diana slipped well beyond reach. He was glad that the shade had made a convincing escape despite his falter. The wound to Rhyithan's lag was far deeper than he initially expected and he cursed himself for pushing his body so hard. He winced as he grabbed his enchanted Draich. Everyone knew of his failed attempt on the assassin, the forest was alive now. Rhyithan remained convinced of his guise, he had sacrificed too much now for it to falter. He cut off the shades cloak into bandages wrappipng firm around the shade's wound. He then tightly bound his own leg, he would need at least a good nights rest off of this leg until it was healed. If we are forced to flee I will be a slow burden. I must maintain the guise as long as possible and make myself valuable to the escape, otherwise my 'comrades' will leave me for dead.
At this thought Rhyithan felt a shudder in the brush behind him. He knew this to be Lex, and Rhyithan was confident that he had established enough of a bond with the shade to know he would not be harmed. Rhyithan pulled the Shade to his feet, and using his Draich as a crutch he began to walk himself and the Autarii back to camp. He asked the shade to lead them back as best he could, but not before looking to the brush hoping to catch lex, and hoping he would see the integrety in his eyes...

OOC: I know integrity is probably seen as a "weak" emotion in Druchii society I couldn't think of a better word for the look Rhyithan gives Lex, I imagine it to be a look of both acknowledgment and acceptance that Lex could kill them both at his whim.

EDIT: Lex! hurry up an post! I'm bare lean right now an this is well engaging :D
name: Rhyithan Uematsu
WS 4 (5)
Str 4
T 4
Dxty 2
Int 5
Equipment: Longsword, Shield, Lightarmor, Seadragon Cloak, Enchanted Draich (+1 WS).
skills: Two-Handed Weapon Fighting
10gc

awesome tattoo - priceless.
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

Elation filled Diana as she easily outstripped Rhyithan and escaped deeper into the wood. The adrenaline flooding her system nearly blotted out the pain from her wound. Concentrating as she was on speed she failed to realize as she burst through the edge of the tree cover. It was only when she caught sight of Dav and a group of shades that she halted. Someone really doesn't like me, she thought sullenly. Cursing she spun on her heel and sprinted back towards the tree cover, ducking and weaving as she went.

Diana will flee back towards the tree cover, zig zagging from side to side. She will also try to draw her long sword as she runs.
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Lextalionis
Beastmaster

Post by Lextalionis »

OOC: Sorry I didn't post earlier, had a 21st on saturday night. and then spent the next few days recovering from 4 nights of some weird weird times.

IC: Lex slowly brushed the bushes out of his face as he distanced himself from the village. There were some small marks of passage, nothing definate, but enough to give Lex a measure of confidence that he was following atleast something recent. A sound in the distance caught Lex's attention. It must be Diana... idiot got herself caught Lex hastened his pace in anticipation of trouble. A loud clang followed by yells of a fight rang out and demanded that Lex hurry. (OOC: Now here is a bit of a stretch, 'cos if Rhyithan noticed Lex's presence then I'm sure a Shade would have, but the outcome is hardly changed.)

Lex slowed his approached quickly when he begun to near a clearing. He could make out Rhyithan and a shade beginning to stand up. They both seemed injured. Lex could not make sight of Diana. A quick decision had to made and Lex slowly pulled out his pistol, perfect for the short range that he was at. Lex will wait till he has a clear shot and then will try and shoot the shade. If successfull he will rejoin Rhyithan and try and find out whats going on.

OOC: Sorry if that was rubbish. My eyeballs are on fire and im sweating like a whore. But otherwise I'm good : )

PS: How cool is the Modest Mouse song 'Dramamine'?
Lextalionis
Shade
WS:5 S:2 T:4 D:5 I:3
Basic Stealth. Stealth. Precision Shot. Rapid Fire. Acrobatics
Equipped; Short Sword, 2xDagger, Repeater Crossbow, Repeater Crossbow Pistol, Shade Cloak

225 G
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Kurlan continued to stare down the shade, clenching and unclenching his hands in anticipation, the time it took the shade to reply seemed like days. The shades face turned to disgust and Kurlan realised he was on very thin ice, and the red mist inside of him flared, with the intensity of a sun, overriding his instinct to run or beg, but just about kept under control. From the distance a large clamour was heard and Kurlan knew one of the shades must have been spotted, either way the shade assumed so and that was all that mattered.

Raising his crossbow the shade prepared his weapon. Allowing the mist to take control Kurlan let the adrenaline flow through his veins and charged towards the shade, who managed to loose off two bolts, the first ripping through his cloak, the second striking Kurlan’s shoulder and tearing into the flesh. Already fuelled with fury the pain was ignored and Kurlan threw his body into the shades, clutching his throat and crushing down with all his force. The shade made desperate struggles but unarmed combat taught him to cut off the opponents breathing at any cost. After a minute or so the frantic struggles slowed, and eventually stopped, the body, limp, silent, almost peaceful. Rising from the corpse Kurlan wrenched the bolt from his left shoulder and dropped it to the ground. Testing his arm it was still useable but hindered, then viewing his options he decided the best option was the riskiest.

Kurlan will drag the body over to the dense underbrush, change clothes with the shade, take his crossbow and ammunition, and leave all his weapons and current clothes with the shades body, except for his black scarf covering his face and the knife concealed on his forearm. He will then make his way back to the campsite.

two short swords, dagger, 4 throwing knives, 500 gold coins, unarmed combat skill

Group 17 Mod
Almundis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Almundis »

ooc: sorry if Rhyithan shouldn't have noticed lex. I assumed the shade was dying too much to notice stuff. Also ive been RPing a shadow warrior more recently :P
WS 4 (5)
Str 4
T 4
Dxty 2
Int 5
Equipment: Longsword, Shield, Lightarmor, Seadragon Cloak, Enchanted Draich (+1 WS).
10gc

Lot1loe
Executioner

Post by Lot1loe »

IC: Dav felt a wave of releif as it seemed her speech appealed to some aspect of Tabok's mind, though she took care not to let it show. This meant she was back where she started, hunting her former comrades. Oh well, better that losing the shades trust now and getting them all killed. Suddenly, however, things got quite a bit more complicated.

THere was a rustling in the bush, and they all turned to see Diana burst forth from the trees. Tabok immediatly flew into a rage and ordered her brought back to him alive. Dav of course followed the rest of the shades lead, but her mind was going at a mile a minute. She desperately hoped that Diana could avoid them. It would make things so much easier, and if the search took long enough then perhaps the shades anger would turn elsewhere, like on their enemy. She resolved right then however, in a truer sense than ever now that the moment was at hand, that she would kill Diana if given the chance. She couldn't jepordize her self or the mission by losing the tribes confidence, and if captured alive Tabok may recognize Diana from before. In a way though, this was almost like a last show of loyalty to one who had shared so many battle with her. Death at Dav's hands would likely be far kinder than the tender mercies of Tabok.
Lextalionis
Beastmaster

Post by Lextalionis »

OOC: @almundis: No need to apologise, it hardly matters. Just me be vocally pedantic.

I also love how messy this mission has gotten with all the hurting of the group members, I'm not sure if any other mods have been good enough to let that happen.
Lextalionis
Shade
Equipped; Short Sword, 2xDagger, Repeater Crossbow, Repeater Crossbow Pistol, Shade Cloak

225 G
Discipleofkhaine
Noble

OOC: Again, sorry for the delay. I was unable to access the internet while away for the holiday.

IC: Lex, Rhyithan, Diana, Dav: The forest returns to a state of tranquility as Diana escapes, and the danger of conflict seems to be over. Rhyithan climbs to his feet once again, carefully testing his wound. The wound is painful, but not detrimental to his movement; and it is decided that as long as he does not sprint on it, he should not be hindered. For now, Rhyithan makes do by securing the wound with a strip of fabric from the wounded shades cloak, before quickly bandaging the shade.

Unbeknownst to the two wounded fighters, Lex lurks in the shadows of the brush, observing the two. As Rhyithan picks up the wounded shade to return him back to camp, Lex decides to finally make his entrance into the game. Drawing his crossbow pistol he lets loose a bolt that flies into middle of the shade's back, causing him to let out a yelp. A quick, second bolt finds its mark in the back of the shade's skull, silencing him.

Rhyithan drops the body and spins around, not entirely surprised to see Lex; in fact almost expecting it. Before the two of you talk much however, you both drop low as you hear a crashing through the trees. You scan through the dense branches hoping to spot whoever, or whatever is coming your way. It is Lex, who for only a brief instant, catches a glimpse of the fleeing Diana, headed South East; running at a full sprint.

Diana runs for her life. Having immediately cursed the error of her previous movements, she dives back into the forest. Realizing that one shade had been able to track and discover her best attempts at stealth, it is no mystery that half a dozen would do so much more efficiently. Now is not a time for stealth, but one for flight. Moving spastically and zig zagging through the tree's, Diana runs at breakneck speeds, praying for escape. After a couple hundred yards of sprinting through the dense brush, she spots a rather large tree and dives behind it. Her legs tremble and burn, completely exhausted. Listening for traces of her pursuers, she decides that there is just enough time to reload her pistols and check her wound; which she discovers is much more of a painful scratch than anything, using both hands will be no problem.

Meanwhile, Dav thunders into the forest, accompanied by Isak and four other shades; the other four shades remaining to guard Tabok. Isak is a master tracker, and seems to glide along the path that Diana has cut, gaining speed and ground on her by the second. However a quick yelp, not far to the West of you freezes the whole group in it's tracks. "Someone was just attacked" Isak whispers to Dav, "It could be more of the assassins. Or perhaps one of the patrols slew one of them?" Isak's breaths are quick and shallow, the loss of his cousin and fear of retribution from Tabok has caused him to loose his cool nerve from earlier. "That assassin could be leading us into a trap! What should we do mercenary?"

The tranquility of the forest is gone once again, replaced by white knuckles and hushed breathing, as all three parties stand in a radius of no more than fifty yards from one another. The setting sun reaches its crescendo and the darkness of the forest is intensified by the contrast of the beams of crimson red light that cut through the tree's intermittently, making it hard for one's eyes to focus on the shape's that lurk in the surroundings.

Kurlan: The Red Mist slowly dissipates as you stand victoriously over the body of the dead shade. When enough of your mind has returned you evaluate your situation quickly and act. You strip both you and the shade of your clothes before disposing of the corpse in a dense thicket of brush nearby. Dawning his clothes, and hiding yours, you quickly disguise yourself as the man you just disposed of. With your scarf covering your face, and the quickly setting dusk aiding the shadows that dance across your face, you figure you will be a difficult impostor to spot.

You turn and make your way toward the camp, noticing how awkward the crossbow you carry feels in your hand compared to the blades you are accustomed to. When you reach the edge of the campsite, you find that it is empty save a few women gathered round the fire in it's center, armed with crossbows.

POST DEADLINE: Friday, July 10
Lextalionis
Beastmaster

Post by Lextalionis »

IC: Lex's kill wasn't a clean as he'd hoped, but it was still a damn fine shot in his own mind. Lex quickly joined with Rhyithan in the clearing. Nice day for a forest stroll eh? A quick few words and a greeting and Lex relaxes a little. The team is coming back together and Lex once again has someone else to provide a meat sheild. The brief happiness at being reunited with Rhy was rather dispelled by the sudden noises to the east. Lex immediately ducked down low in response to the threat. Through a gap in the brush Lex saw what look like Diana, running like her hair was on fire. Not a good situation and Lex's mind ran fast. Whatever was chasing Diana may be making an appearence soon and Lex wanted to see whoever it was before they saw him, hopefully they wouldn't even see him. There was no time and this was no place for a conference and Lex was in his element. Lex caught Rhy's eye and whispered to him. We are gonna get out of the open right now without making a noise and then you are gonna lie down someplace just behind me until it's killing time. Lex will carefully take a few slow steps back into the dense bushes from where he came and kneel or lie down with his crossbow at the ready.

Lex will keep on a watch for whatever may be following Diana and of course looking out for anything approaching from that general direction. Whatever was coming, more shades had good odds, may happen to be life lone hunters of these forest and Lex knew running wouldn't really work, so getting ready to fight was the next best option. All Lex could do was wait... maybe Diana would get her bearings and approach the clearing again, helpfully complicating things a shitload more. If Lex saw them first maybe he could kill one, two if Khaine smiled on him, before they even knew what was going on... if they saw him first then he prayed for something nice like a simple clean flesh wound.
Last edited by Lextalionis on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lextalionis
Shade

225 G
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

Heedless of stealth Diana crashed through the woods, branches whipping past her face. She had made it into the tree cover without incident but she knew she could not flee forever. Seeing a large tree ahead she seized her chance and slid into cover behind its trunk. As she stood there, her legs almost giving way beneath her she was slowly filled with a growing sense of anger. Anger at the betrayal of her comrades, first Rhythian then Dav had turned against her even Lex had abandoned her. Anger at the thought of being hunted like some craven animal by these rural savages. Enough running, I will show them I am not some simple beast to hunt. With the rage bubbling inside her Diana reloaded her weapons and checked her wound to find it was merely a painful scratch. Satisfied that her injury would be of no hindrance to her Diana unsheathed her sword and planted it in the ground before her.

Her preparations complete she prepared herself for the coming fight, slowing her breathing and flattening herself against the trunk at her back. Ears straining for sounds of pursuit, crossbows held ready she waited for the forest to explode into life once more.

Diana will plant her sword in the ground so she can grab it easily once her pistols are spent before flattening herself against the tree. When she hears the pursuing shades and judges the distance to be right she will spin out of cover and try to shoot as many as possible, concentrating mainly on the shades over Dav.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Lot1loe
Executioner

Post by Lot1loe »

IC: Isak and four other shadesaccompanied Dav on the chase. Isak was obviously very skilled in tracking, picking out a trail and gaining ground on Diana. After following him for a short while, they heard a soft yelp and Iak halted them. When he turned around it was clear that he was losing his cool, though whether it was the loss of his cousin or the fear of retribution from Tabok if they failed she didn't know, though she suspected it was both. He then said that it might be a trap and asked her for advice. This was an opportunity she hadn't been expecting. Perhaps I will betray someon else this day...

Not believing that the yelp sounded like one of the mercenaries, and not sure as to what the others were actually up too, she wanted to find out more. Perhaps things were bettrer for the group than she had anticipated. Turning to Isak, she quietly said You may be right. Our quarry, however seemed to go that way motioning down the path they seemed to be following. You and your shades split up and move out there, and if there is a trap perhaps your stealth and knowledge of the area will give you the upper hand, especially without me, and splitting up makes you harder to target. I will invenstigate to the west, as I'm no good with stealth and have a better chance in a direct confrontation. After checking it out, I'll try to meet up with you again.
Almundis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Almundis »

Rhyithan silently cursed as the bolts embedded themselves in the already weakened shade. He had lost his chance at seeming like an ally to Tabok and his clan. Though at least this time he was with a more trustworthy ally. The pair could hear a commotion in the forest not too far away, Rhyithan was no tracker but he guessed they wer less than a hundred yards away. Lex hissed a plan at Rhyithan and he was in no real position to argue. Despite his cumbersome armour he did his best to follow the shade into his hiding place, though he made sure to take the corpse with him. It would look too suspicious if he were not found by the body.

Rhyithan will take the corpse (on his shoulder so as not to leave too much of a trail) and hide in the brush with lex, lonsword at the ready seeing as the draich is too unwieldly.
WS 4 (5)
Str 4
T 4
Dxty 2
Int 5
10gc

Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

The red mist slowly faded from Kurlan’s eyes as he looked at his hands, then to the corpse of his adversary. He managed to a mutter I warned you, before he looked around him and decided he had to work fast.

Feeling the light breeze touch his flesh Kurlan undressed and changed his clothes with the shades. Moving around slightly and checking himself the clothes seemed to fit just fine, the final touch was wrapping his scarf around his face and lifting the hood on the cloak. The night is arriving, with this disguise surely nobody would recognise me, and well if they do, it will certainly be the last. Kurlan lifted the body and disposed of it within some undergrowth, along with his clothes and weapons.

Turning round Kurlan made his way to the camp, slowly but steadily, ensuring his guard was up for anybody. Having found nobody he reached the edge of the campsite, and while hidden surveyed it, empty apart from a few women holding crossbows.

Kurlan felt uncomfortable holding the crossbow in his hand, a weapon he was unaccustomed to, but it completed the look so was necessary.

After a quick surveillance of the camp Kurlan considered his options, he could use this time to approach the camp, and at the last minute attempt to massacre all the women, risky with only a knife, but they did not look particularly experienced fighters.

The next option would be stay concealed and attempt to fire off a volley into the group of women, hoping to kill or wound atleast one of them, giving him a distraction to encircle the camp and find the bolts.

The riskiest option was to attempt to sneak into the camp and find Tabok’s wife, such a hostage would ensure a certain level of leverage, but the risk element was huge.

Kurlan decided to keep to a relatively safe plan. He flicked the knife from his sleeve and cut slightly into his wound in order to cause the blood to flow, spreading it around his disguise so it was visible around his shoulder. He cleaned his knife and attached it back to his forearm. Holding the crossbow in his left hand and clutching the wound with his right arm he staggers into the camp towards the women holding the crossbows, calling to them the assassins are advancing, I need a few of you to come with me, we can set up an ambush in the forest, they must not reach our homes, think of the children, I cannot hold them off alone any longer, come quickly!

Kurlan will cut into his wound, so as not to hinder his movement too much but to aggravate the bleeding and smear it over the left shoulder area. He will then stagger into the camp and call out his orders to the women holding crossbows.

Group 17 Mod
Discipleofkhaine
Noble

Dav, Lex, Rhyithan: Isak looks down to the ground for a moment, deciding what to do. "Very well" he says after a short pause, "Take one of my men with you incase you run into trouble. If you find nothing, sweep around to the south and try to flank them. Perhaps we can catch them in a pincer movement."

Isak assigns one of his men to Dav and then orders the group to break. Isak and his three shades continue South as you and one of the shades split to the West. You tread carefully, fully alert and looking for any sign of movement as you make your way to the source of the sound. It is hard to see in the forest, and you hope your companions do not accidently launch an attack at you in the waning light.

Meanwhile, Rhyithan and Lex quickly conceal themselves into the bushes, hiding the corpse with them. Lex uses his stealth masterfully and quickly disappears amidst the brush, while Rhyithan does his best to conceal himself and his large armor.

The two concealed mercenaries listen with raised nerves as they hear footsteps edging toward there position. After a minute or so, two figures emerge into the clearing, Dav and an accompanying shade. The shade raises his hand, analyzing the ground and noting blood and tracks of movement, as well as fallen branches from Rhyithan's draich attack.

Suddenly, a glint of light from the bushes, caused by a reflection off of Rhyithan's well polished armor, catches not only the shade's attention, but Dav's as well. "There! In the bushes!" the shade yells as he takes aim with his crossbow.

Before he can loose a shot however, a bolt from Lex silences him with a swift strike to his temple. The corpse collapses and shakes on the ground for a few moments before becoming still.

Diana: You calm your breathing and close your eyes, listening intently for any detection of an incoming attack. Your heartbeat races with anticipation, but your mind is clear and calm. Your choice has been made; you will run no further. The time to retaliate is now. Seconds slow to hours as you continue to listen, your only fear that they will be on you before you can fight back.

A sudden yell to the west snaps you back to your surroundings. "There! In the bushes!"

The voice is unfamiliar, obviously one of the shades, and you wonder if they have found one of your companions. You let out a small breath, thinking that the shade's must have taken a different path and that you, by some miracle, have evaded them.

"That sounded like Korteq" whispers a voice not 10 yards away from the tree behind which you hide.

Your heart skips a beat as you hear how close your pursuers are, how they have managed to get so close without your detection. You listen without breathing as the hushed voices discuss something; judging by the voices you hear you decide there are about three or four of them.

Realizing that this distraction is the best opportunity you'll get, you grip your pistols tightly and move.

Spinning around the trunk of the tree you lock on to the four pursuing shades, crouched about seven yards away, amidst discussion. Their eyes grow wide as they see you emerge, knowing that at this range they are hopeless.

Gritting your teeth, you open fire on the group as they try to break up and flee. One of the shade's is cut down before he can stand, while another takes a bolt to the side of the head before he can even take his third step. The other two shades run in opposite directions, meaning that you will have to focus on one of them if you hope to make another kill. You choose the target on the right and spray your remaining bolts at him. A bolt slams into the right side of his stomach, causing him to fall to the ground and crawl. Taking careful aim, you fire another round into the side of his throat, cutting his jugular vein.

You spin to the left, searching for the last shade. Before you can find him, bolts cut through the bush at you, narrowly missing. You dive behind the tree again, pressing your back against the trunk as the bolts thud against it like hammer strikes. Suddenly the bolts stop. Your breathing heavy, you look around; expecting a flank. With a war cry, a figure leaps from the bushes to your right. It is the leader of the shades that Dav and the others had been discussing trade with earlier. He cries loudly as he rushes toward you, firing his crossbow. You draw up your pistols and empty what few shots you have left at him. The shots all miss, but cause him to have to dive around and unsteady his aim, thus causing his bolts to miss you by a fraction. The last of his bolts comes so close that it rushes past your cheek, cutting a delicate line on top of the raise of your cheekbone.

Both of you spent of ammunition, the shade rushes you wildly and swings at you with the butt of his crossbow. You dive forward, dropping your pistols, and his attack misses you by inches, crashing into the tree and splintering the bark. You scramble to your feet and grab your sword from the earth. The shade again, swings the butt of his crossbow at your head, but you parry his blow with a strike from your sword.

Your blade slices into the crossbow and rips it apart. The shade drops the shattered wood and draws a scimitar of his own, before launching head first into another rage filled brawl. Your blades fill the air with noise and sparks as they bounce off one another. Your adrenaline fills every cell in your body, keeping you alive against this man and his bloodlust. It has been quite a while since you had to use a blade and the time shows as the man slowly gains the upper hand in the duel.

One of his attacks slides past your guard and lightly cuts into the left side of your rib cage. You cry out but continue to fight for your life as he bashes away at your defense. Your hands grow raw from the strength of his blows and you begin to feel the effects of fatigue drawing on. Your opponent notices this and strikes out with a kick to your stomach. The blow sends you through the air and onto your back. Your opponent charges forward and stabs at you as you scramble to avoid it. A last surge of your strength gives you enough momentum to move your body enough to avoid the fatal blow, but the blade of his sword plants itself deep into your right thigh.

You scream loudly as you feel the blade cut straight through and into the dirt beneath you. "Die assassin!" your opponent hisses as he removes the blade and brings it up above his head for the killing blow. Reverting to primal instincts you lash out in a last ditch effort, and by Khaine's blessing manage to slice deeply into his stomach. He screams out, clutching the wound and falling to his knees. Before he can regain his sense, you throw your body weight at him, giving you just enough momentum to stab through his chest.

He stares at you quietly with wide eyes as blood slowly starts to run from the corner of his mouth. He whispers something unintelligible before falling over on his side, dead.

Your breaths are incredibly heavy, and your body feels like it's made of lead as you lay beneath the tree. You look at the wound in your leg and notice that blood runs steadily from it.

Kurlan: You stumble into camp and yell at the women about the incoming assassins. They spin to face you and take aim at you, hesitating when they see your familiar clothes.

"Who goes there?" one says as they walk slowly to you, crossbows at the ready, "Is that you Turak? What's happened to the Khainite with you? Are you injured?"

They stop about five yards from you, squinting their eyes in the harsh setting sun, still unable to make out your face; crossbows still at the ready.

POST DEADLINE: Friday, July 17th
Almundis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Almundis »

Rhyithan lay in the brush doing his best to breathe quietly, but his cumbersome armour betrayed him within moments of the shade's and Dav's arrival. Fortunately Lex's crossbow bolt struck true and felled the shade before he could act upon his discovery. Rhyithan let out a sigh of relief and dragged himself to his feet. He was relived to see that Dav had not been hurt during the events in the wood but before anything beyond casual greetings could be exchanged they heard the commotion of battle not far off. For a second he feared that Diana had finally been caught, but her cry of pain filled the forest a few moments later. There was a chance she was still alive. Thinking quickly he spoke to the others. If Diana is dead there is a chance we can maintain our ruse. I suggest we go to where that commotion just came from, Lex you hang back a little and remain hidden, we might be able to claim that me and Dav were able to fight you off. If she is alive then I think the time has come to simply take Tabok alive and torture the location of the bolts out of him. If you have any better ideas say them now and say them fast as our time is quickly running out as we have already wasted many hours here!

Rhyithan will listen to any other suggestions but is confident he has assessed the best course of action.
WS 4 (5)
Str 4
T 4
Dxty 2
Int 5
10gc

Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

After calling out his orders Kurlan kept his cool as the women turned towards him, pointing weapons hesitantly at him. He was pleased to note they seemed to recognise him, this just might work after all and had a name to work with.

As for their question about the Khainite, it had to be a believable story, did he get orders to kill me? Would these women know? Probably best to keep it simple

Kurlan stayed at a distance, not wanting to invoke a reaction before replying in a hurried tone, Yes it is me. As for the khainite, bloody blundering fool, as we came across a number of the assassins he let out a war cry, gave away our position. They sent out a volley of bolts, he is probably dead by now but held them up as best he could, which gave me enough time to get back here. I caught one of their bolts in the shoulder, but I can still fight. We must hurry now, for the sake of our people, we must take the fight to them. It is dark, I will be your eyes, now follow me!

Kurlan will keep at a distance in the interest of not wanting to anger the women into a rash act, he will explain the situation and once more urge them to follow him, if they willl he will lead them into the woods in the same direction he came from. However not as far as where he killed the shade and has hidden the body and weapons.

Group 17 Mod
Lot1loe
Executioner

Post by Lot1loe »

IC: Dav followed her shade companion quietly as they both tried to see what had happened. Suddenly, they both caught the glint of Rhyithan's armor. Thankfully, before things got out of hand, Lex loged a bolt in his temple. They exchange basic greetings, but are then caught off guard by the sounds of battle, followed a while later by a cry of pain that sounded an awefull lot like Diana. Rhyithan laid out a plan, bu while the basics were she felt it needed some refining. Both of us showing up with out our shade escorts would be far too suspicious. I will go over to see what happens while Lex and you, if you think you can be stealthy enough. If diana is alive, we will regroup and move from there. If she is dead and the shades unharmed, you two stay hidden while I rejoin them. If they have benn weakened, we will try to ambush them. I do wish I knew what our crazy Khainite friend was up too, but hopefully its isn't anything too troublesome, and besides, we can't worry about him now. If there are no objections, let's go.

OOC: Sorry for the last minute and somewhat short post, I've been swamped this week, but I should be good now.
Discipleofkhaine
Noble

OOC: Im extending the post deadline till Wednesday, July 22 on account that I am still out of town, longer than I expected, and won't be able to write up a large post till then. I hope everyone who hasn't posted can do so before then.
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

Four kills in less than a minute, not bad. Thought Diana as she lay panting on the ground the body of her final opponent dead by her side. Trying to rise sent a spear of pain shooting through her body and her right leg exploded in agony. Bitting her tongue against the pain she lent over and tore a strip for the corpses cloak and wound it as tight as she could around her leg wound, her fingers quickly becoming slick with blood.

Finally pulling it tight Diana lay back once more to gather her breath. After she had managed to still her racing heart she turned to her weapons, reloading her crossbows and sheathing her sword. Once this was done she once more tried to stand up, this time she managed to rise tentativly to her feet. Armed once more she cast around for some sign of her companions.
Last edited by Fingol23 on Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

OOC: Come on DoK, this is getting really good

Group 17 Mod
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

I haven't heard from DiscipleOfKhaine in ages, and it looks like he hasn't been on the board since his last post here. Given that it's well past a reasonable waiting period, I'm tentatively going to close the group so that your character are free to return to the character pool. It'll still be open for a while so you can discuss group-related things, or perhaps in case one of you wishes to continue this group as its host.

At any rate, I believe congratulations are in order. This group is an impressive two years old! That looks like a record to me.

So congratulations to everyone, past and present, for taking the group as far as it has already gotten. And a special thanks to DiscipleOfKhaine for all the effort and time he invested solely for our entertainment.

Edit 2009-09-21 : Group closed.