Group 20

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

The buoyancy of water
Highborn

Post by The buoyancy of water »

Alidith: As the birds begin to dive you see one break from the group and fly straight at you. Quickly, you throw your dagger straight at it. Your aim is true, striking the bird in the shoulder. The bird doesn’t falter, but just as you ready to hit it with your sword two bolts strike its body, throwing it to the side past you, splattering you with black ink as it does so. Another bird aims for you, and reverting to your old tactic you attempt to swat it away with the edge of your blade. Again your tactic meets with success and the bird is knocked aside. However you feel the extra weight of the bird compared to the smaller birds, and it is not killed but instead simply knocked aside, landing awkwardly on the floor.

Cananatra: Bracing yourself for the oncoming attack you try to stand back as Dai fires, killing two birds. As he turns to reload your see a bird suddenly alter its course and dive straight for him, completely ignoring you. With careful timing you bring your sword down in a powerful arc just as it passes you, severing its head. With a spray of black ink the bird’s lifeless body flips in midair and lands with a crash on the floor next to you. Pleased with yourself you look up and scan for any more attackers but see nothing. Just as you think you are safe something impacts against the shield on your back, sending you sprawling across the floor. Rolling over you see that the bird that hit you is dazed, but still alive.

Dai: Ducking down, you take aim next to Cananatra just as the birds begin to dive. You wait for a bird to expose its body as it turns to attack Cananatra and fire three bolts. Two connect well and the bird is knocked aside. You then see another bird diving to attack Alidith, a dagger protruding from its shoulder. You empty the rest of the clip at it, and two bolts hit home, again pitching the bird to the floor, dead. Your clip empty, you rummage in your backpack for another before hastily reloading. As you look up another bird is propelled over your head having bounced off Cananatra’s shield, knocking him to the floor.

Demendred: Seeing the bird charge towards you, you hurl your dagger straight for it. It impacts well, hitting the bird in its exposed chest. At first, it seems to have no effect except to cause a small amount of ink to trickle from the wound. However after a few more steps the bird begins to stagger slightly. Taking advantage, you step forward and slash at the bird with your short sword. As you step in close to the bird it tries to snap at you with its vicious beak, but due both to its wound and your speed you manage to dodge the attack. It takes several stabs and slashes to finally wound the bird, but eventually it starts to fall under the blows. Maddened by the beasts refusal to die you start hacking faster and faster, and after a time you realise it has finally stopped moving, leaving you alone in the room approximately ten feet from the rest of the group.

Rekok: Seeing the birds begin to dive once more you prepare to kill as many as possible. Two dive towards you at the same time. Bracing yourself you strike out at the creature to reach you first, stabbing down through its ribcage as it dives down towards you. Before you can retrieve your blade the second bird hits you, claws first. Its long claws tear at your chest, opening several painful gashes as it does. The weight of the bird knocks you to the floor as the bird’s crashes past you, also landing on the floor with a loud crash.

All: As everyone regroups you all look round to see who and what still remains. A total of three birds rise back to their feet, but none of them take off. This is due to their huge eight foot wingspans: there is simply not enough space for them to take off back to the ceiling. The transformation is now complete and the birds have now lost all remnants of the books they transformed from. The birds are standing around the group, one between Demendred and the rest of the group and the other two at the other side of the group. The three of them screech loudly, but don’t immediately attack…
Scion of naggaroth
Noble

Post by Scion of naggaroth »

"Cananatra, hold off that one, Rekok that one. Lets kill these fast, I don't think we want to see if these things can get any bigger..."

Alidith points first to his left and then his right, leaving the bird between their group and Demendred directly ahead of himself. The brief lull allowing his mind to overcome the battle's adrenaline, the gouge in his arm becoming a dull throb of pain. Gritting his teeth he moves to the attack, moving his long blade in simple attack patterns, his free also gripping at the hilt to lend additional force as he chops at his opponent with little finesse.

Alidith will move to attack the beast near Demendred, starting off with simple, heavy attacks to it waiting for openings to form, or for Demendred to find openings
Group 20
Alidith Du'Sletch

(WS) 5 (S) 4 (T) 2 (D) 4 (I) 4

Skills; 2 weapon fighting, Uncontrollable frenzy

Equipment; Longsword, Dagger, Winter cloak, Map of an Estate, Letter, 150 gold coins
Tich
Highborn

Post by Tich »

Demendred heard Aldith shouting and silently agreed with him, then as Aldith moved foward to attack the bird closest to him he got ready for his own attack. Crossbow first, then combat....but a bolt might not do much, need to aim for the head.

Deciding quickly he drew his crossbow and took careful aim at the head of the bird Aldith was heading for. Firing a volley he moved quickly drawing his sword and dagger and moving forward.

Demendred will fire off a volley at the bird Aldith is heading for then rush forward with sword and dagger and wait for an opening before striking for the neck or spine.
Last edited by Tich on Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I have this magic sword, it kills people when you stick it in them"
Scion of naggaroth
Noble

OOC: I'm not Cananatra :)
Group 20
Alidith Du'Sletch

Equipment; Longsword, Dagger, Winter cloak, Map of an Estate, Letter, 150 gold coins
Tich
Highborn

Post by Tich »

OOC: I;m sorry scion, it was a combination of multi-tasking and not enough sleep, i have remidied the mistake.
Cananatra
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Cananatra »

Rolling quickly Cananatra surged to his feet, feeling a numb pain between his shoulder blades as he did so. Damn those birds to whatever hell they came from. Glancing quickly around he took in the new threat. The birds were larger, so large in fact they decide to stay on the ground because of lack of room. Now your mine! I have had enough of this spirts games. Time to end this one. Hearing Alidith's instructions he decided he may as well play along.

"Right you are Alidith. Come birdie.......Lets play.

Shrugging his shield off his back and back onto his arm he started across the floor to the bird Alidith had indicated. Just as he almost reached it he pulled his shield across in front of him and leapt forward, bringing his sword down in a powerful arc.

Cananatra is going brute force at this point and relying on the large bird not being able to dodge fast enough. Pure and simple, cut it in half while letting shield deal with any counter attack.
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
Bubonicus
Warrior

Post by Bubonicus »

Once more, the birds swooped among them and the combat was short and brutal. Dai's lightning quick reflexes served him well, and two of the carrion beasts fell to the ground, feathered bolts protruding from their plumage. Only when he was rummaging in his backpack did he notice the headless corpse of one of the birds between the warrior and himself. Perhaps not as "lightning quick" as you think, old monster he chided himself. He nodded his thanks to Cananatra.

Dai crouched, reloaded, took aim, and then abruptly hit the ground again as a mass of feathers that had struck Cananatra rebounded over his head. As they both rose to their feet, Dai heard Alidith's instructions. Dai hoped that Alidith and Demendred would handle the one he had turned his back to, and as Canantra charged one of the beasts, he loosed two shots at the unoccupied carrion. Slinging his crossbow to his back, he drew a single dagger. Without their flight, they are nothing. This should be a slaughter.

After firing at the carrion bird that Alidith instructed Rekok to attack, Dai will stay in the center of the room and just concentrate on dodging any of the attacks if they come his way, confident that the more hand-to-hand oriented of the group will put the beasts down quickly.
Dai
Shade
WS:5 S:2 T:4 D:5 I:4
Skills: Basic Stealth, Precision Fire
Equipment: Two Daggers, Repeater Crossbow, Winter Cloak, 225g

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
The buoyancy of water
Highborn

Alidith: Taking the role of leader you issue commands to the group, hoping everyone will fight as one against the beasts. Everyone seems to agree and your plan is put into action and you move towards the bird between Demendred and the rest of the group. Seeing you approach the bird turns towards you, ignoring Demendred completely. You step in to attack quickly, hacking at the creature with your sword. Initially your attacks are futile, either rebounding off the thick bones of the birds wings or being parried aside by its razor sharp beak. The undead creature suddenly lashes out with its wings, knocking you to the floor, but just as it reaches down towards you it suddenly shakes, letting out a shriek of pain. The bird turns away from you towards its new assailant, and seeing your chance you stab up into its back. The blade goes in deep and the birds shrieks intensify. They are quickly silenced though as Demendred nearly severs its head with a powerful blow with his sword…

Cananatra: Agreeing with Alidith’s plan you unsling your shield and advance on the enemy. The creature singles you out as a target and you soon find yourselves in a one-on-one duel. Just before you reach the beast you jump forwards, shield raised to block any oncoming attack, and slash down with your sword. The bird lunges at you at the same time, and you both collide mid-leap. The impact sends a jarring through your spine, but you swing down with your sword and connect well with the bird’s left wing. Blood splashes up your sword arm. You step back and size up your opponent, who was clearly badly wounded by your attack. Seizing the opportunity you strike once again, attacking repeatedly with you sword. In a few moments the bird is beaten by your powerful blows and falls to the ground. Just to make sure you cut the birds head off before turning to see how everyone else is doing.

Dai: Listening to Alidiths commands you reload your crossbow and turn to the bird nearest Rekok. Seeing it suddenly dash towards Rekok you begin firing off shots in quick succession. Most of them impact well, causing the bird to shudder as each one hits it and slowing it slightly. However it is not enough to stop the creature reaching Rekok. Looking away you grab for another clip and begin reloading, quickly checking around you to ensure no other birds are coming for you. Seeing no immediate threat, you turn back to Rekok’s assailant. Rekok is on the floor, the bird standing over him. You once more begin pulling the trigger, hitting the bird several more times and distracting it from Rekok. It turns towards you, and shrieks out at you in some basic form of challenge, stamping its feet and preparing to charge.

Demendred: Hearing Alidiths commands you ready your crossbow for the upcoming combat. You see your chance as the creature turns to face Alidith. Just as he is knocked to the floor you start firing, the bolts thudding into its unprotected back. The bird lets out an ear splitting shriek as the projectiles hit, dark red blood starting to run down its back. Seeing the success of the attack you draw your sword and move to engage. Just as you do the bird turns back towards you, beginning to take a step forward. However it is stopped as Alidith’s sword pierces through its chest. Taking the opportunity you aim a powerful strike at its neck. The blow almost severs its head, and the birds promptly slumps to the floor.

Rekok: Alidith shouts out a command, but you pause before moving to attack, not seeing which bird he points at. The decision is soon made for you as one for the birds begins to charge you. You go for your weapon, looking down for a split second. You look up just in time to see the bird a few feet from you, and can’t react before it hits you full on with a body slam. The blow sends you straight to the floor, nearly knocking you out cold. Looking up you see the bird reaching down towards you. Before it attacks you several bolts hit it, distracting it momentarily. It looks away and screeches at Dai, turning away from you.

All: At the deafening screech everyone turns toward the centre of the room, seeing the last bird. It is facing directly towards Dai, stamping and readying itself to charge. Even as everyone watches the creature begins to grow once more. Once it has finished expanding its wingspan is approximately twelve feet from wingtip to wingtip. Luckily, the beast is now far slower and more cumbersome, though its beak and claws look wickedly sharp…

OOC: OK guys, as you may have noticed from my sporadic posting I have less and less time at the moment. As such I am having to step down as a mod. I will be finishing this mission (and wrapping up the story earlier then expected) then the group will have to stop. Everyone will be free to return their characters to the pool.

I’m very sorry everyone. I was hoping to carry on the story for a while. Just means we will have to have a big final showdown a little sooner then expected :p

Cheers,
Dave
Rekok
Corsair

Post by Rekok »

Blood poured from Rekok's chest, the pain was inmenace however the pain from the gash in the back of his hand now no longer regiestered. Fury was controlling him now, he was vagly aware of the others and there plan to attach. He cluched his right hand to his chest, shouted some warcry and charged at the Carrions.

Rekok will attack the closest Carrion
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

OOC: Damn, hate when stuff like this happens :P

IC:
That is one bird which is horrificly large. Could do a nasty bit of damage if allowed to get a good shot in. However, fear is for fools, wont keep you alive a moment longer. Cananatra pulls his shield infront of his face and rushs forward. As he does so he lifts his sword up level with his shoulder and gets ready to thrust it deep into the giant bird.

Cananatra will attempt to dodge the worst of the attacks as he closes and will take the others on his shield. Once close enough he will try and pierce the birds heart with a powerful thrust.
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Tich
Highborn

Post by Tich »

OOC: Sigh, its happened again, ey Cananatra.

IC: Demendred backed away from the bird he had killed, its head hitting the floor with a meaty thump. Lookinga the last bird he grinned. Only one left now, these birds arn't so tough. Readying his crossbow he stood back and aimed a careful shot at its now large neck, then with a quiet murmer for Khaine he fired.

Demendred will stand back and simply fire his crossbow aiming for the neck. iF it gets too close then he will go on the defence and use his sword.
Bubonicus
Warrior

Post by Bubonicus »

OOC: Say it ain't so!

IC: As the vacant weeping eye of the carrion fixed on him with murderous intent, Dai found himself wishing he hadn't fired that second volley. Dammit, should have taken my time to aim while it was feasting on his entrails. It's looking like a thrice-damned pincushion already!

The twisted shade's eyes grew wide as the massive beast spread its wings and called out a challenge, growing larger as it did so; it's stomps shook the floor and it's talons gouged the wood. Dai's mind began to run through a series of curses as he checked his crossbow. Three bolts, not enough to stop it cold unless I'm lucky. Suddenly, Canantra charged past him, straight at the monstrosity. Thank Khaine for armour and a lack of survival instinct.

Dai will wait for the warrior to engage, and then support him with the crossbow if it looks like the fight isn't going his way.
Dai
Shade

Scion of naggaroth
Noble

Heh, not exactly what I'd intended but...whatever works I guess... runs through the trainee's mind as he nimbly flips himself back up to his feet. Spinning around he was mildly suprised to see only one of the birds still alive, having only really expected Cananatra to hold off his one. Khaine alive that thing's getting even bigger, I thought it was already fully grown!

Seeing the others alternating between charging wildly at its front and waiting to shoot at it Alidith, his mind thankfully free of Khaine's bloodlust for the time being saw a less suicidal approach for an unarmoured warrior. He would circle about the monstrosits and attack from behind, surely it couldn't fight back effectively on two fronts?

Alidith is going to keep his distance from the bird as he moves about the edge of the room, hoping to get behind it without it noticing him, leaving itself wide open for his blade.
Group 20
Alidith Du'Sletch

The buoyancy of water
Highborn

Two of the group rush towards the beast while another two hold back to fire crossbows while the last begins sneaking around behind the gigantic bird. It continues to screech loudly at Dai, but before it can charge him Cananatra and Rekok rush past him, distracting the creature. It turns its wicked beak towards them, snapping in anticipation. Just as they close in bolts begin to fly past them, first from Demendred and then Dai as well. The bolts can’t miss, and Demendred’s shots impact on its neck well, causing the bird to cry out in pain. Dai targets the wings, several shots pass straight through the fleshy parts of the bird, causing yet more painful sounding screeches.

After the bolts land, Cananatra and Rekok reach the bird. Distracted by the missile fire it can’t put up a proper defence, and both assailants manage to land several telling blows. Seeing an opening, Cananatra steps in and plunges his sword straight into the bird’s chest, blood splattering from the wound. However his sword becomes stuck and he tries to free the blade while Rekok continues to keep the bird distracted. The ranged fighters reload and continue to pummel the massive creature, being careful not to shoot anywhere near the others.

All this time Alidith continues to sneak around behind the bird. It is too distracted to notice, and he soon finds himself right behind it. Quietly he draws his long sword and moves in to stab the bird in its back. Just as he lunges, Cananatra manages to wrench his sword free, causing blood to arc into the air. The bird cries out and starts to fall back, directly onto Alidith’s sword. The sudden blow causes the birds wings to flap violently, the gusts of air sending Alidith, Cananatra and Rekok flying across the room. With blood pouring from numerous cuts and bolts, the bird topples forwards and lands in a heap in the middle of the room. After a final violent death throe the bird falls still and the group is left alone in the room.

”CONGRADULATIONS” booms a familiar voice. ”JUST ONE CHALLENGE AWAITS. WHICH SIDE WILL YOU CHOOSE?!”

Apart from the door the group came in from there is only one other door leading from the room…
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

OOC: Seems so Demendred, second group to close like this :(

IC: Lying on his back from the blast of wind in the birds death throws Cananatra stared up at the ceiling as the ghosts voice once again sounded. One more, what joy. I'm getting realy tired of this supernatural game playing. Reversing his sword he uses it to lever himself back onto his feet, feeling some of his abused muscles complaining as he did so.

"Well lets get going, this ghost shouldnt be too much further and once thats dealt with we can collect our pay and head off to some tavern." By Khaine its at times like this I wish I could get drunk. Cananatra headed towards the other door and feeling like venting his frustration delivers a solid kick to it to open it rather then using the handle. Looking over his shoulder once at the others he gives a grim smile and steps into the next room.
Bubonicus
Warrior

Post by Bubonicus »

OOC: Sorry guys, its a hell of a week and the work just won't stop. I'll post tomorrow.
Dai
Shade

Bubonicus
Warrior

Post by Bubonicus »

Of course, it's not as if that makes much of a difference, what with all the rest of the blood, ink, and zombie ichor already, thought Dai, as his mask was sprinkled with fine droplets from the great avian's final death throes.

I wonder what that last remark meant. The undead clearly delight in their cryptic clues. Maybe all this is just a way to releave the boredom... With these macabre musings in mind, and his boots making a distinctive squelching sound, he followed after Cananatra.
Dai
Shade

Rekok
Corsair

Post by Rekok »

Rekok ripped some lenghts of fabric from his shelves and made some make-shift bandages for his chest and hand. He was covered in blood, not all of it was his, and he was starting to feel the fateige of battle. He didnt even bother with some witty remark.

Better get this over with, rest, then report to the temple...

Rekok made his way to the door
Tich
Highborn

Post by Tich »

Demendred sighed as the big bird finally hit the ground. Then he snarled as thr ghost made another remark.

Then as the others made their descision he simply followed on, tired of the game and just hoping for it to ocme to an end.
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

OOC: Ok guys just because the group is almost over doesnt mean we shouldnt do proper posts. Lets keep the callibre high right to the end of the job.
The buoyancy of water
Highborn

OOC: I will second what Cananatra said there. The final battle is coming up (somewhat early, but oh well...) and two line posts will result in bad things happening. This week coming up is the last taught week for me and I have two papers to finish writing for next Friday and Warhammer tourneys tomorrow and next Saturday. As such I won't be able to post a decent mod-post until next weekend (possibly even Monday...). Consider this week a chance to redo posts!!

Cheers,
Dave
Tich
Highborn

Post by Tich »

OOC: I also have a lot of uni work due in soon so I dont have the time to drag out the fact that my character is going to walk through the door.
Scion of naggaroth
Noble

OOC:Sorry for being so late in posting I've been snowed under at work.

Sneaking behind the creature as the other Druchii fought Alidith looks on with a self satisfied smirk out of harms way, definatly the best place to be. Now, to just time things right, even a clip from those claws could be lethal. Watching the others fighting he holds before picking his moment and dashing forwards, his sword held between both hands, hilt braced against his shoulder before stabbing with all his might.

Just as the creature reared back unexpectedly. The force of the impact knocks the slender Khainite back a step, his blade being sheathed fully in the bird-thing's back, the tip protruding from its chest. Already of balance he's sent sprawling by a powerful gust of wind, propelled by a beat from the thing's wing, the wind being literally knocked out of him by his impact on the wall behind him. Shaking his head to clear it as he rolls back to his feet, he retains enough sense to yank his weapons free from the corpses they're embedded in before heading through the door, the moments daze swiftly fading.
Group 20
Alidith Du'Sletch

The buoyancy of water
Highborn

OOC: I'm very sorry for the delays in posting. My Uni group has to get our robot walking in under three weeks, which takes a lot fo work!! I will post this evening.

Again, sorry :cry:

Cheers,
Dave
The buoyancy of water
Highborn

As the giant bird lets out its last breath the group move towards the last door. As it is opened a blast of hot air and a cloud of sand rushes out through the battered door, covering the group. Everyone closes their eyes and ducks away. The sand settles, but the air remains blisteringly hot. Everyone opens their eyes and looks into the corridor, which appears totally normal. With a collective sigh the group steps into the corridor, weary but ready for any more tricks the ghost might throw at you. Once everyone is in the corridor and about halfway down towards the other door there is a loud slam as the exit is shut. Everyone grabs for their weapons at this new sorcery, but nothing is immediately apparent. After a few moments of silence the familiar voice of your quarry fills your ears.

”Finally, you reach the last test. The test of knowledge. A situation will soon unfold and you will have to make a choice. There are two choices, but choose wisely, as this will effect everything that happens when you leave this place. And don’t for a second think anything is an illusion, or you will die…”

As the voice fades away the corridor is filled with a blinding white light, which then fades after a short time. The scene before the group is nigh-unbelievable. Where once there was a small corridor the group now finds itself in the middle of a baking hot desert. The sun beats down on the group, who all quickly become uncomfortably hot. There is almost nothing visible except endless sand in all directions. However, on two opposite sides of the group is a faint metallic glow. On one side dark and brooding, the other glowing golden through the heat haze. The glows grow in strengths as whatever makes them approaches. Finally, the two sources of light come into focus, much to the group’s disbelief.

From the darker side marches a host of armoured warriors. The glow is created by the sun glinting off their blackened armour. Most of the warriors are humans wearing fur cloth and brandishing wicked picks and flails, but some of them appear truly ferocious. Heavily clad in head to toe in thick, black armour, these warriors seem almost otherworldly. They carry gigantic axes and swords and have spiked shields strapped to their arms. Several of the lightly armed men ride horses that range ahead and to the flanks of the army, already getting worryingly close to the small group of elves. Several groups of ogres and trolls can also be seen, but thankfully they are a great distance away. Though a truly fearsome sight, what opposes it is, if possible, even worse.

Endless ranks of skeletons walk forwards with slow relentlessness. They all wear golden bracelets and headwear, though nearly none of them are armoured. Between units of skeletons can be seen hulking statues, around twelve feet tall and carrying enormous two-handed weapons. Rows of archers lead the way and as you watch they unleash a rain of bolts towards the dark warriors, barely stopping in their stride. Turning, you watch as the arrows fly overhead and land among the lightly armoured warriors, felling dozens with each volley, but the warriors don’t stop advancing. Turning back you see two creatures of unimaginable size marching forwards. Each is made of rock and bone and easily stands as tall as a building, carrying curved golden blades that look like they can cleave ten warriors in two with one swing. Luckily they are far away at either end of the long lines of dead warriors where you can see chariots and horses of bone rushing forwards.

It looks like the group is currently closest to the lines of undead, but due to the speed each army is moving at you all guess each army will reach you at approximately the same moment. Neither army appears to be taking any notice of you at the moment, obviously considering you insignificant. You still have a few minutes before the armies clash, but there is no way you can reach a safe spot before it happens. What choice must you make..?