Group 21

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Kajchi
Dark Rider

Post by Kajchi »

Dhuan and Arkath kept on walking through the dark tunnel, in silence. Suddenly, Arkath heard a weird and creepy voice, it sounded like a child, but then again...

Hehehe. Oooh what do we have here? More playthings? Does the changer bring me more toys? Hehehe I wonder if they are more eatable then the last ones… hehehe

What is this?, Arkath said, looking intensely to where the voice was coming from.

Hehe, over here silly!

Wha... Arkath didn't like this one bit, the voice was freaking him out. And the fact that it could move without being heard even more so. He thought about dropping Dhuans weapons on the ground so he could easily reach them. But then he changed his mind, remembering the snotty comment Dhuan made...

Arkath took out his throwing knives. What are you?, he shouted. Listening intensely. As soon as that thing speaks one more time, it'll get one of my knives through its chest, he thought...

Arkath will wait for a response of the creature and throw a knife at the origin of the sound as soon as he hears even a letter.
Heat-13
Beastmaster

Post by Heat-13 »

The thing rushed straight for Absinthe and Saldrimek, ignoring the shade’s hasty words. Its mouth foamed and venomous anger was in its eyes. Quickly realising their situation the two mercenaries grabbed their weapons and launched themselves as the beast before it had the chance to strike.
The trainee howled in anger, quickly dodging under the creatures lashing tentacles, attempting to get in range with his weapons. He lunged forward on one knee, trying to stab the creatures gut with his sword. However the creature somehow leaned back from his strike, seemingly bending its spine at an impossible angle. The sight of it sent shivers down his spine. Nevertheless the creature avoided his attack and swept at him with its claw in a deadly reposte, backhanding Sal viciously and sending him flying against the corridor wall.
As it was about to bring down its crazed jaws and bit off the trainee’s head, it stopped suddenly holwled and turned its attention towards absinthe who came at it from the other side. With great dexterity the shade jumped over the creatures tail swipe and landed running, about to swipe at the foul beasts neck when his sword hand has been grasped by one of the tentacle like growths sprouting from the creatures chest. He struggled to free himself as he felt drool dripping down to his shoulders from the gaping maw of the beast

OOC: Sal is up against the wall, with his breath knocked out of him by the collision, but not too badly hurt, absinthe is being grappled by the things tentacles.

Meanwhile Arkath and Dhuan were being taunted by the unseen menace.

What are you? Said the wild child as he discreetly reached for the dagger hidden in his robes. Dhuan to was ready to uncoil but was acting in disguise for the moment.
The voiced laughed back behind him and Arkath immediately spun around and threw the dagger in the darkness, causing another burst of childish laughter.
Hehe! You are a funny one, you know nothing about this place do you? Hehe. Anyway I am many things and none – you wouldn’t understand. Also explanations are boring I would rather play. Hehehe.
Suddenly eight robed figures stepped out of the shadows around them to encircle the two adventures. [b] Lets play a game! Yay, you kill the real one and they wont kill you back, hehehe [b]
The hooded figures suddenly all drew a bastard sword each, moving as one. Their movements were identical, almost as if they were mirrored, step by step thy silently moved towards the two mercenaries…
WS:4 S:3 T:3 D:5 I:4
Basic Stealth, Blood Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting
Eq: S Swordx2, R Crossbow (8 clips), 3xT.Daggers (2gd,1exc) Shade Cloak, Wolfskin Cloak, Stealth armor,s drugs, ring,50ft s.rope, 4rations.33.3 gp
Group 21 Mod
Nooodle
Corsair

Post by Nooodle »

Being shocked by the unnatural abilities this.. thing had Absinthe tried to respond as quick as he could but was too late. Moments later he found himself about to be fondled by the things tentacles while it was drooling on him.

Absinthe cursed as he stared down the mouth of the thing and spun his bastard sword around to try and shove it down the things throat.

Snarling in sheer frustration Absinthe roared "I will shove my claymore down your throat you worthless piece of shiz." while trying to keep his focus. It was clear that the shade did not like daemons.

Absinthe tries to shove his bastard sword down the things maw and dodge the tentacles for as long as he's able to.
Darkenrho
Trainee Warrior

Post by Darkenrho »

Eight robed figures had appeared before Dhuan and Arkath, each brandishing a bastard sword.

The unknown enemy spoke Lets play a game! Yay, you kill the real one and they wont kill you back, hehehe

Dhuan sneered at the cheeky statement from the infantile voice and went for his weapons.tch.. the real one? not much time for that...

Readying himself and watching the eight figures enclosing on the two the warrior smirked and tilted his head in Arkath's direction. If we both stand here gawking trying to figure this out we'll be killed...

And...just try not to get in my way. Dhuan said cockily before turning his attention to the oncomming enemies.

Intending to make himself a target and attempting to coax a sign from the real figure Dhuan will quickly glance the eight enemies and rush the nearest side to him shield first, arching an attack to hit as many as possible.
Character:
Dhuan Lochar
Class: Warrior
Stats: WS(5) S(5) T(3) D(3) I(3)

Equipment: Long Sword (2), Shield, Light Armor, 5 Gold, 2 Throwing Daggers
Skills: Shield Bash
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Saldrimeks world went black as he felt himself flying through the air. A second later, his world was back to normal, but his vision was still spinning and the air had been knocked out of him by the terrifying beast. Standing up, Saldrimek glared at the beast which had then entangled Absinthes weapon arm within its tentacles. The beast snapped furiously at the shade and giant droplets of saliva and goo dangled from the beasts maw.

Steadying himself, Saldrimek charged back into the fray. Watching the beasts claws and tail, Saldrimek slashed out at the beasts ribs.

Saldrimek shall watch the beasts movements closely. He'll try to stab at the beasts ribcage and try to drive his shortsword deep into the creature. He'll also watch the beasts tail and make sure that it doesn't have a chance to swing at them. If Saldrimek feels a tentacle against him, he'll struggle quickly while dropping to the ground to dodge the tentacles.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Kajchi
Dark Rider

Post by Kajchi »

After Arkaths failed attempt to hit the creature with one of his knives, ten robed men appeared. Every single one of them carried a bastard sword.

Lets play a game! Yay, you kill the real one and they wont kill you back, hehehe The voice said.

Arkath saw Dhuans face, knowing immediately what his plan would be.

If we both stand here gawking trying to figure this out we'll be killed...
And...just try not to get in my way.

Sigh, how could I have know, stupid impulsive idiot... Arkath thought, while throwing a frustrated look in Dhuan direction. But he was already running towards the men...

For Khaines sake... Arkath whispered. I guess my only option is to join him... Aargh, I don't like this one bit!

Arkath jumped forward, grabbing his two swords. He ran towards the nearest guy, ducking right in front of him and then jumped up. Attempting to cut him right in half with his longsword. He finalized the attack by making a spinning movement, trying to hit the ones standing next to him. Then jumping back quickly out of the range of the remaining enemies.
Heat-13
Beastmaster

Post by Heat-13 »

Absinthe rushed forward silently with his bastard sword raised. Ducking under a swinging claw, the shade rolled forward into reach. He stabbed up with his bastard sword to reach its maw, however the creature was not so easily fooled. It reared up on its hind legs and screamed at Absinthe, covering the shade in a cloud of most unpleasant foulness. It was as if the thing had eyes on it body that saw Absinthe coming. Meanwhile Saldrimek was staying in the shadows watching the beast move. It moved with a fluid yet broken motions, moving in to strike swiftly, yet lurching like an unnatural construct. As it reared on its legs, he knew it was time to strike. He leapt from his position, aiming to stab the creature in the side, where its ribs would be. He wasn’t quite sure if it had any… Almost immediately tentacles shot out towards him from the thing’s midsection, but this time he was ready. He rolled under them and continued forwards, driving his blade into the creature’s side, spilling purple ichor everywhere. The scream of the thing was terrible to behold. It pushed both of the mercenaries back, but Absinthe would not be held back. He moved forward while the creature was kicking around in pain and slashed at it, creating a deep gash in its shoulder. Both of the mercenaries had to jump back for the moment though as the creature employed its tail to keep its assailants at bay and far away.

Dhuan exploded into action, charging the nearest figure, attempting to smack him with a shield and swipe as many of it’s mates as possible. With a grunt Arkath followed the warrior.

Dhuan bashed one of the fighters with his shield pushing his back and then slashed out at another assailant. However the attacks were blocked and Dhaun himself was showered with incoming slashes and stabs coming from three directions. Only his shield was keeping him alive. Arkath meanwhile swung mightily with his longsword, attempting to cleave his opponent in halves. However the strong strike was a tad too slow, exchanging speed for power, so it was clumsily blocked by the hooded figure. Absinthe then proceeded to kick him in the stomach, while blocking an oncoming strike from another cloaked fighter with his off hand blade. The melee swirled into raw chaos. Suddenly Absinthe and Dhuan found themselves fighting back to back trying to fend off the cloaked figures. All thoughts off standard attack and riposte disappeared now. They were just trying to survive the onslaught. The cloaked figure did not possess great swordsmanship. But they were all armed with bastard swords, which had longer reach then mercenaries’ weapons and they had much greater numbers. So far Dhuan’s plan of luring out the leader did not seem to work. Although both of the mercenaries had started noticing slight differences in their opponent’s appearances. It seemed that their grey cloaks were covered with different sigils… but the combat made it impossible to study more of the detail. Maybe if they could relent the pressure just a bit…
Eq: S Swordx2, R Crossbow (8 clips), 3xT.Daggers (2gd,1exc) Shade Cloak, Wolfskin Cloak, Stealth armor,s drugs, ring,50ft s.rope, 4rations.33.3 gp
Group 21 Mod
Darkenrho
Trainee Warrior

Post by Darkenrho »

Dhuan lunged at the surrounding enemies slamming into one of them with his shield followed by an attack against its comrades, but to no avail. The figures blocked his strike and reacted with thier own, a hail of blows connecting with his shield. Arkath had also joined the fray striking out at the nearest enemy to him. Not long into the battle the two mercenaries were pushed back, fighting back to back against thier enemies onslaught in a struggle to survive.

keh...should of...known it wouldn't...be that easy... Though the favor of the battle had turned against them Dhuan found himself thrilled. The overwhelming odds excited his fighters instinct, a twisted grin emerging on his face. Each blow his enemy delivered onto his shield sent a concussive shock through his body, his pride refusing himself to be killed.

The mercenaries fought on now only able to focus on defense as attack had become impossible. However one thing became noticed in the midst of the chaos, the figures each bore a sigil on thier cloaks. To what these symbols were exactly could not be made clear as the combat was far too frantic. ggrah! no choice...have to break away! Dhaun still defending himself readied to make the only possible move he could think of, charge through the enemies line and away from the centre.

Dhuan shouted If we stay here we're both dead!

Dhuan will attempt to momentarily power through his enemies line and break away. If sucessful he will retreat to a safe range and attempt to make out the various sigils
Character:
Dhuan Lochar

Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Sakdrimek threw himself backwards, the creatures screech making everything fuzzy around the corners of his eyes. Gaining his breath, Saldrimek shook himself vigorously while large globs of ichor rolled off from his body.

This shiz is freezing Whispered Saldrimek, wiping a frighteningly large piece of slop from his neck.

Sheathing both his shortsword and his dagger, the ichor smeared trainee reached across and took back his scimitar from Absinthe. Cracking his neck slightly, Saldrimek started to spin the scimitar from hand to hand, each rotation and slice through the air eventually getting faster and faster. When the scimitar had become nothing more than a blur, with the speed of any drug induced Khainite he had slung the scimitar back over his shoulder. Releasing a huge breath of air, Saldrimek hefted the double hander from his back. Growling menacingly, Saldrimek looked back up at the beast before him and Absinthe.

Do you think you can keep the beast occupied? If not, just distract it long enough for me to get close enough to use this, alright? Saldrimek patted his double hander as he finished.

Saldrimek started to slink closer towards the beast, balancing himself upon the balls of his feet to give him a chance to jump back if needed.

Saldrimek shall ask Absinthe to distract the beast with a few bolts or perhaps even get in close to occupy the beast while he lurks to the side. At the right moment, Saldrimek shall try to go berserk on the beasts tail and try to lop it off.

OOC: Sorry about the lateness and the scimitar spinning thing. I've always wanted to try it and I saw this as any other opportunity to try it. :P

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Kajchi
Dark Rider

Post by Kajchi »

All Arkaths attacks were blocked by the strange figures, and it seemed that Dhuan was having the same problem. In a matter of minutes, Dhuan and Arkath were fighting back to back. This time trying to survive rather then trying to kill their opponents.

Crap! I knew this would happen, that guy is more stupid and impulsive than even a cold one... Arkath thought. Suddenly, Dhuan shouted. Stating the obvious:If we stay here we're both dead!

He rushed forward in an attempt to break through the wall of Druchii. In the following confusion, Arkath tried to dodge himself through the Druchii, trying to break their pin. He'll try to bring as less attention as possible to him, reasoning that Dhuan would be able to hold them if with his shield for long enough so that Arkath could take a decent look at the runes and find out which one was the real one...

OOC: sorry for the late reply... It due to a combination of not knowing what to do in this situation and getting my rapport card :p
Nooodle
Corsair

Post by Nooodle »

Absinthe jumped back from his position as the creature lashed out with his tail. As Saldrimek motioned him to distract the beast with a few bolts he simply nodded and flung his sword back into it's scabbard on his back.

With the adrenaline of the fight rushing through his veins he reached out for his Crossbow and as he drew is kneeled down slightly before aiming and unleashing a torrent of wickedly barbed bolts towards the thing.

Absinthe fires his Crossbow at the daemon thingy
Heat-13
Beastmaster

Post by Heat-13 »

OOC: Hey guys will post this weekend, am feeling quite ill at the moment, sorry...
Group 21 Mod
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

:( Hello?

Nooodle
Corsair

Post by Nooodle »

Khel wrote::( Hello?

Patience... :roll:
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

NoOoDLe wrote:

Unlike you, I've actually been a RPG Group Leader. So don't talk to me about patience. ;)
Nooodle
Corsair

Post by Nooodle »

Khel wrote:
NoOoDLe wrote:

Unlike you, I've actually been a RPG Group Leader. So don't talk to me about patience. ;)

I've actually been the leader of several RPs on several other sites.. So I know exactly what you're talking about. But when the leader says they're ill I think it's safe to assume that if they don't make the deadline they set for themselves they are too ill to have made it.. ;)
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

NoOoDLe wrote:
Khel wrote:
NoOoDLe wrote:

I've actually been the leader of several RPs on several other sites.. So I know exactly what you're talking about. But when the leader says they're ill I think it's safe to assume that if they don't make the deadline they set for themselves they are too ill to have made it.. ;)

Indeed, but when the deadline is set to the weekend and the weekend comes and goes whilst the RPG is still as silent as the grave, questions must be asked.
Heat-13
Beastmaster

Post by Heat-13 »

Saldrimek drew his scimitar and started spinning it in his hands. As it picked up speed, the trainee begun to smile. Somehow he knew that he always wanted to do this.
Give me some cover fire! He shouted to his shade companion... the timing had to be impeccable for this trick to work. Khel was watching the beast pull back and regroup a few feet away. He studied its movement, waiting for the right time to strike, whilst quitly working up his anger at the loathsome thing.
Absinthe reacted immediately to the request, he dropped to one knee, sheathed the sword on his back and unhooked the crossbow. Admittedly it has taken him a moment to do that. And in that moment the beast lurched forwards again. In the next few moment the outcome of the battle would be determined. Absinthe kept his head cool as he aimed the crossbow at the beast’s ugly head. He let loose a bolt, then another. Their aim was true ad they hit the creature in the neck. However , unlike a normal enemy it did not fall, but was slowed down enough for the trainee to act.
With a feral scream Sal leapt forward at the chaos spawn spinning his scimitar like a maniac, at the last moment using all of the gained momentum to perform a lethal slash at the creatures tail. The broad metal blade dug itself into the loathsome flesh, cleaving through the rubbery matter and spilling more ichor everywhere. The creature screamed and fell to the floor, offbalanced. Sal roared in joy as his enemy went down. He then continued hacking away at the things limbs like the as no tomorrow. Ichor flew everywhere.
Absinthe was not the one for wasting opportunities and he immediately drew his sword to finish the creature. With great dexterity he easily avoided the thrashing limbs of the dying beast and stabbed the thing in the eye, to end the misery of its creation.

In the meantime Dhuan and Arkath were being circled by the hooded figures. Their attacks so far did not work... there simply to many opponents for them to handle. The warrior knew something drasatic would have to be done in order for them to stay alive. So with a shout he charged forwards, his shield in front of him. The trainee too seemed to realise that legging it at the moment would be a good idea. He did not fancy himself being chopped to bits without Dhuan’s protection. So he too tried to dodge his way out of encirclement. The “child” laughed again. Hehehe, who says you’re not already dead Arkath?
The warrior cashed into one of the hooded figures, knocking him off balance with his shield. As the one next to his tried to chop him down with a sword, he blocked the attack, straining the muscles of his hand to stop the full force of the blow. Still he pushed forward, knocking the thing in front of him to the floor. Dhuan then realised he was free. He quickly turned around to face his enemies again. The he saw an opportunity. Like most druchii shields, Dhaun’s curved down to a spike on the bottom. Knowing that he could not bring his guard down, he could not use the sword to finish off the prone figure. Instead, he brought his shield down with as much force as he could master, impaling his enemy. He then immediately stood up and stepped back, ready to face more attacks.
Arkath used a less brutal method, he evaded and dodge the incoming multitude of slashes, gracefully avoiding death. However one slash did reach him and the trainee cried out in pain. And then he got angry, with a roar he drew a throwing dagger and launched at his assailants neck. As the dagger impacted with his neck the figure collapsed on the floor like a stone, limp. But Arkath was already fighting a new opponent at this time. His two blades were flashing wildly, reflecting the eerie lights in the patterns of death. Finally he got past his opponents guard and stabbed him in the heart, causing the figure to once again, collapse. He killed two, but now he was in trouble. Two figures have come to face Dhaun, blocking him off, while the remaining three have come to encircle the frenzied apprentice...

Saldrimek sat by the husk of the spawn breathing heavily. The frenzy took its toll on him, as well as his enemy. He was feeling pretty worn out, but that would pass away in time. Absinthe too was catching a breath nearby, tending his wounds with shade remedies, while the weird floating light hovered above illuminating the scene of the massacre. Suddenly the light started twitching and jumping around, running of into the distance and coming back again. This has alarmed the mercenaries to a great extent, but then they realised it was urging them to follow it and tentatively they complied. They followed the little glowing ball through the weird corridors for a short time and then they were lead to another massive hallway. It was a large circular chamber with columns by the sides. The walls were decorated in the same fashion as the rest of the dungeon. There was a massive golden circle with the depiction of the now familiar symbol of the eye. However, what caught their attention was not the magnificent chaotic power of the room, but the person standing in the middle, on the golden circle.
The creature was tall, it was wearing smooth , flowing turquoise robes inscribed with golden writing. But they could not call it an elf, for the creature had the head of a massive bird of prey, like an eagle or a hawk - -it had no human face and its hands were clawed, again like a birds. The creature turned its head towards them and spoke, its voice was smooth and soothing and almost instantly would have made the adventurers feel relaxed, if it weren’t for the things they were seeing. It spoke perfectly and cleanly, they could not pinpoint the accent...
Ah so here you have flown... how interesting, now why don’t you tell me a little bit about yourselves while your friends are out there fighting He pointed to in a vague direction from where Sal and Absinthe came from.

OOC: Sorry about the delay... Khel is absolutley right to tell me off. Unfortunatly exams and revision and finances keep onm cropping up in the way of fun =(
Group 21 Mod
Kajchi
Dark Rider

Post by Kajchi »

Hehehe, who says you’re not already dead Arkath?
Dead!? What does that mean? And how does that thing know my name? It matters not, I'll make it forget by ending it's life !
Hahaha! Dead you say? If that is so, what do I have to fear? But do not worry, if what you say is the truth, I'll make sure that you join me soon enough! Arkath screamed out in madness.
He easily took out two of the robed figures, only to see three more approaching...
He was quickly surrounded and out of options,. He glanced over to Dhuan and saw that he was fighting only two opponents. Wow, the plan worked perfectly Arkath thought cynically.

OOC: I have to stop now, I'll post the rest later
Last edited by Kajchi on Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

As the beasts squirming came to a stop, Saldrimek released a huge sigh of relief. Bending his knees, he squatted on the spot next to the dead creature, the frenzy and bloodlust dissolving within him. His bones ached and the minor cuts and bruises which he had received had certainly taken their toll on him.

Rubbing his chest, Saldrimek recalled the moment when the creature had sent him flying when he had strayed to close. He could still feel the effects of the blow. Absinthe was nearby, also catch his breath. Suddenly the ball of light above them started to twitch, the light around them buzzing and flickering with each quiver of the ball of light. Standing up, Saldrimek watched the ball intently. Realizing that the ball of light was motioning for them to go on, Saldrimek stowed a glance across to Absinthe before moving on after the ball of light.

After following the ball of light for a short distance, the two mercenaries emerged in another hallway. This new corridor was decorated just like the rest of the dungeon, but at the end of the hallway was a huge golden orb with the familiar eye which had kept cropping up ever since they took this job.

Saldrimek glared at the symbol of the eye for a moment before he focused upon the thing in the middle of the circle. Their seemed to be a person in the golden circle before them, but it was mysteriously depicted as some sort of unknown creature. Suddenly the creature turned to face them, the magnificent but foul chaotic energy rippling Saldrimek.

Ah so here you have flown... how interesting, now why don’t you tell me a little bit about yourselves while your friends are out there fighting

Saldrimek raised an eyebrow. If my companions are still fighting than I shall go and help them. Saldrimek spun around but was confronted with a wall of darkness. To go back into that darkness without knowing where his comrades were or even any light was sheer madness in itself. Err.... Nevermind.

Turning back towards the person within the golden circle, Saldrimek winced as the chaotic energy rippled his face once again.

So you wish to know about me, scum? If you hadn't already guessed, I'm a trainee from the Temple of Khaine. I am a true follower of the the righteous Khaine and he shall bestow me the power I need to lop the head from your vile and corrupted body. I swear, I shall have your head. Growled Saldrimed.

Sal shall wait for a reaction.
Nooodle
Corsair

Post by Nooodle »

Absinthe followed the twitching light after catching his breath. The obscure scenery kept pretty much the same until the light fainted and a new level of madness descended on them. There was a humanoid like bird standing in the middle of the room.. After gazing upon this sight a few seconds Absinthe reached for his crossbow, but halted before he reached it.

Saldrimek growled at the being but did pursue the actions he talked about so bravely.

While pretending to keep up the cover that was most obviously blown already Absinthe sheeted his blade on his back once more to empty his hands.

Slightly disappointed by Saldrimek's choice to not act yet Absinthe knelt down beside his comrade as if he was going to willingly surrender, in the movement swinging his crossbow into his hands. He uttered an ancient prayer to Khaine before coming back up, the crossbow's tip aimed at the tzeentchian's neck.

"And how does a smart bird like yourself feel about being threatened by two elves? You, worthless piece of shiz, will now depart from this world and get your corrupted soul blasted back into the abyss where it once came from." Absinthe snarled as he released the first bolt.

Absinthe aims his Repeater Crossbow for the tzeentchian's neck and takes the initiative by firing the first salvo of bolts.
Heat-13
Beastmaster

Post by Heat-13 »

So you wish to know about me, scum? If you hadn't already guessed, I'm a trainee from the Temple of Khaine. I am a true follower of the the righteous Khaine and he shall bestow me the power I need to lop the head from your vile and corrupted body. I swear, I shall have your head. Sal growled, immediatly followed by Absinthe speaking in anger. "And how does a smart bird like yourself feel about being threatened by two elves? You, worthless piece of shiz, will now depart from this world and get your corrupted soul blasted back into the abyss where it once came from."

The bolt left Absinthe's crossbow as he spoke, it was aimed straight at the creature's neck. Absinthe snarl dissapeared as he pressed the trigger and was replaced by yhrt elook of shock well reflected in his wide open eyes. A fraction of the second before Absinthe prssed the trigger, the birdman started raising his hand towards the shade... How could he.. Absinthe didnt ge tthe time to finish the thought. The thing rasied its hand in front of it and the crossbow bolt exploded into brightly coloured flames, blinding the shooter.

Once the mercenaries recovered from the initial flash of unholy fire the creature spoke again, in the same malovelant tone of voice.

My my, how rude... after going to such trouble to reach this place you wouldn't even like to know who I am? Mercenaries these days... I suppose you don't even know why you're here or who really sent you?
Group 21 Mod
Nooodle
Corsair

Post by Nooodle »

Absinthe fell backwards, blinded by the fire, on the with gold decorated floor. Dazed, confused and generally in able to comprehend what just happened Absinthe lunged himself upwards to see if it would make a bit more sense that way.

Before he got back to his feet the bird thing spoke again. "My my, how rude... after going to such trouble to reach this place you wouldn't even like to know who I am? Mercenaries these days... I suppose you don't even know why you're here or who really sent you?"

Absinthe thought about the words for a short period of time before concluding he didn't really care but he'd play smart with the mutation.

"Well, you seem eager to tell us and not so eager to die.. Might as well tell us then and we'll put a bit more effort in killing you." Absinthe said to the tzeentchian while thinking about the fact that his crossbow was gone for now.
Darkenrho
Trainee Warrior

Post by Darkenrho »

The warrior managed to break through the wall of opponents knocking one down as he charged forward with his shield then quickly having to guard an attack from a second opponent. While retaining his guard and attempting to take the opportunity of the downed enemy Dhuan drove the bottom tip of his shield into the figures chest retreating back immediatley after to face the other encroaching enemies.

Arkath at the same time was dodging and avoiding the enemies attacks trying to free himself from being surrounded. One strike was landed on the trainee, Dhuan heared him cry out in pain and anger. Through the many bodies Dhuan watched the trainee drive his dagger into the neck of one of the figures dropping it instantly then immediatley turn his attention to a second enemy impaling his blade into its heart.

Now the two mercenaries were no longer surrounded however both were cut off from each other the group of hodded figures between them. Dhuan readied himself for the two opponents now blocking him off from Arkath.

I suppose this could be worse... Dhuan thought cynically.

Dhuan will rush the two figures before him, lunging with his blade at his sword arm side opponent keeping his shield towards the second. Immediatley after wether his attack suceeds or fails he will force his shield into the second opponent and attempt to finish it on the ground.
Character:
Dhuan Lochar

Kajchi
Dark Rider

Post by Kajchi »

Now surrounded, Arkath knew he had to act quickly. A battle plan quickly formed in his mind. It was not one of his best, but it had to do...
Immediately when Arkath sees one of his opponents readying a strike, he will duck and try to tackle one of his three adversaries. If this works, he will jump upon the opponent with his sword aimed at his throat.
He will drive his sword through the neck of his enemy before jumping over him, trying to get out of the range of the other robed figures. He will then run in Dhuans direction to try and attack one of his assailants in the back.
If Arkaths attack doesn't succeed, he will use the momentum of his tackle to roll as far away from his enemies and begin forming a new plan.

OOC: by tackle I mean making the other one fall down by sweeping him of his feet with you're leg, didn't know the English word...