Group 23

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Yogurtman
Trainee Warrior

Post by Yogurtman »

Khelmir breathed a sigh of relief as the storm let up. He knew that they would reenter the maelstrom soon enough, but he would rest while he could. Besides, he'd been through far worse storms than this. Of course, those times he'd been on much larger boats than this and there were enough crew members that he'd only needed to stay in his cabin. Looking around he sees the unconscious bodyguard lying sprawled on the deck. Knowing that all the others had more expertise in the running of the boat, he figured he may as well go offer aid.

Khelmir runs over to Feulan.

His head is bloody and that arm doesn't look good. Nothing that can't be fixed, but for now we need to put him out of the way. Or throw him overboard.

Khelmir checks life signs.

I guess we'll be putting him out of the way then.

Futilely attempting to pick up and drag the much larger elf, Khelmir looks around the ship for any free hands. Seeing Mak standing by Frost, he called for assistance. We must take him below deck and strap him down!

Looking to his side he saw the savage called Saffron lying on the deck. The other one as well.
Khelmir WS-4, S-3, T-2, D-4, I-5
Equipment- Longsword, Light Spear, Handbow, Shield, Light Armour, (Aesthetic) Cloak, Water-proof bag (containing a pestle and mortar, a journal, and writing supplies)
Gold-285
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Right then, lets be quick about it.

Mak will assist and then return to the wheel
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)
Mercenary_q
Trainee Warrior

Post by Mercenary_q »

Kalhar looked up at the sky. The sky was blue and cloudless and the sun shone down on him. My favorite part thought Kalhar. Suddenly he heard Frost voice cry out, He looked around and realized how much water had made it aboard Close one said Kalhar out loud he suddenly felt relived and began to chuckle to himself. He saw how mak and Khelmir were helping feulan. He looked around and quickly went about the ship and made sure that the ship was still sea worthy, he glanced around and saw that the others were busy working. Kalhar folded up the main sail and made sure it was strapped in safely

Kalhar will attempt to get the ship ready for the other side of storm
Name Kalhar
Weapon Skill: 4
Strength:3
Toughness:4
Dexterity:4
Intelligence: 3

Equipment: dwarf skin Kheitan, a good sword, Old Shield, small bag, cleaning supplies, flask, cold one lotion, 2 herbs 1 Combat dagger 1 tool dagger 4 weeks rations Gold 136
Nooodle
Corsair

Post by Nooodle »

While slowly getting back to consciousness Saffron could hear Frost yelling his name and where the heck he was. He tried to shake off the grogginess that was encumbering him and quickly got up although still feeling slightly sick from the fall and the blow to his head.

He heard one of the other elves talking about him. "No need to strap me down below the deck.." He snarled slightly annoyed by not being able to stand up straight properly.

Shaking his head once more brought back enough clarity to be able to run over to a so far unused bucket on the deck and start bailing out water.

While shoving water over the side of the ship Saffron muttered a prayer to Khaine in hope of good favour concerning getting out of this storm alive.
Soulsmith
Dark Rider

Post by Soulsmith »

Valgar was a frenzied blur of action, constantly moving. Grabbing an empty barrel, he placed it in one corner, and as the ship rocked, it began to fill. Quickly grabbing it before the return movement, he chucked its contents overboard and continued. He looked over at the other druchii, some down already. 'They are weak fools. Khaine judges them accordingly.' he thought, smiling as he continued his work, watching as the ship began to descend once more into the storm, visible as black rain drops covered the sky and clouds swamped the sun.
Forging souls anew....

Name : Ildren Vrak'nair
Height and Weight : 5'11, 85kg
Character Age : 164
Class: Warrior
(WS): 4
(S): 4
(T): 3
(D): 3
(I): 4
EQUIPMENT
Warrior: Long Sword, Shield, Light Armour.
SKILLS
None
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Khelmir and Mak moved to take Feulan below deck, and called for somebody to get Saffron too. However, he was just getting back onto his feet, cursing in pain and realising what was happening all around him. He instantly moved to start bailing water, along with Valgar, Jorin and the others. Khelmir and Mak managed to drag more than carry Feulan down to his chamber, where they put him one of the beds. There was nothing to strap him down with, and the boat was starting to rock more violently by the second, so they left him and came back to the ships deck. They grabbed buckets and started to bail with the others. Kalhar had systematically checked all the ropes he could find and make sure nothing was broken or would weaken them in the other side of the storm. There were several frayed ropes around the mast and he warned Frost, but the lord seemed preoccupied with keeping the boat on course.

Then the rain started again, as quickly as it had the first time. Seconds later it was joined by the hail, stinging where it touched the flesh. An almighty boom of thunder overhead sounded the arrival of the storm once more, and the ship was tossed to one side by a mighty crashing wave. Water flooded back on to the deck, as if punishing the crew for their earlier efforts. This was going to be a bumpy ride.
Nooodle
Corsair

Post by Nooodle »

Holding on for dear life Saffron uttered several curses while waiting for the ship's deck to be balanced enough to stand on it without having to hold something.

After that happened he went back to doing the only thing they could do, bail out water and wait out the storm.

What did we do to deserve this treatment.. Saffron thought as he flung another bucket full of sea water back into the raging deeps.
Mercenary_q
Trainee Warrior

Post by Mercenary_q »

Kalhar was worried about the ripped ropes what could they be life lines? Vital ropes?
Paranoia had taken control of him but he did not have enough time to check because as soon he had noticed the storm had hit. He was thrown of his feet and slammed in to the deck hard.
Getting sick of falling thought Kalhar to himself as he picked himself up. He looked around and saw the water flood in. He did all he could do and began to shovel out water with his exhausted arms, the bucket seemed to be getting Heavier by the second but he knew he was just getting more exhausted
need to keep fighting thought Kalhar and he doubled his efforts to get the water out
Name Kalhar

Equipment: dwarf skin Kheitan, a good sword, Old Shield, small bag, cleaning supplies, flask, cold one lotion, 2 herbs 1 Combat dagger 1 tool dagger 4 weeks rations Gold 136
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

OOC: I am flying out to Scotland tomorrow to tour some universities so I may not be able to post everyday, but I try my best. I get back in late Sunday.

Back to it. Back to the repitition. If not for that, if not for the monotony Mak was sure he was realize all to well the peril that they were in. He would realize his arms were aflame. He would realize that all his body was crying out to do was collapse in exhaustion.

Fortunately, he was to busy to think of such things. He continued to bail, keeping an ever present awareness of what was going on around him. Noting the swells, trying to predict the gusts, working the movements of the angry sea in his favour to use as momentum to aid his bailing rather than work against it. It helped aid his wailing muscles, for now...
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Suneater
Dark Rider

Post by Suneater »

Zarloyth was still at the helm with Frost, ready to lend his strength whenever needed. The corsair felt alive. He was cold, sore, hoarse, and wet to the bone, but he felt more alive than ever. While with the fleet of the black ark, Zarloyth had braved his fair share of violent storms, but he'd always forget how wonderful it felt to balance on the edge of the abyss, to thwart death at the last moment. It was invigorating. However, Zarloyth did not forget the danger they were in, and continued to aid his employer with a vigilant eye on the darkened horizon.
Name: Zarloyth Class: Warrior
WS:5 S:4 T:3 D:3 I:3
Skills: Powerful Kick
Equipped: Mail Skirt, Greataxe, 2 Long Knives, Sea Dragon Cloak
Inventory: Full Plate, Backpack, Cleaning Supplies, Waterskin, 3 Week's Rations, 132 gold Null Shard
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

As the crew struggled on, the Darkwater Eagle tossed from side to side as wave upon wave crashed into her. Fighting for their lives, the mercenaries on board threw water back where it belonged or helped with broken lines and the wheel. Their monotonous efforts payed off and after what seemed like an age, the boat broke from the storm and back into the calmer waters. The rain continued for a few minutes more, getting lighter and lighter until it too passed them. Looking to the sky, Frost cursed a number of gods and thanked others for their deliverance.

With everything checked and the mainsail put back up, the crew once more had some free time.
Nooodle
Corsair

Post by Nooodle »

As the sea calmed down so did the adrenaline rush that drove Saffron through the storm so far. Slowly Saffron crumbled on the deck as the ship steadied itself. The hit to the head was a little harder then he'd expected and as soon as he hit the deck exhaustion came over him and darkness took over in front of his eyes as he passed out where he stood still holding on to the bucket he has used before.
Soulsmith
Dark Rider

Post by Soulsmith »

Valgar huffed as they were freed from the choppy storm waves. His breath came out in long, bestial hisses and growls. He threw his barrel away, and watched, laughing heavily at the other druchii, exhausted by their exerts. Whilst he too was completely drained, he refused to show it, lest Khaine see him as weak, and the others cast him as the same, and therefore worthless and expendable.
Forging souls anew....

EQUIPMENT
SKILLS
None
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Mak collapsed against the galley in exhaustion. The the day was not over yet, normal seamanship duties would have to return soon. But for now, he rested.

He lolled his head over to Khelmir, after a swallow he spoke, How'd you like that old man?. He grinned and returned its head to its resting place, resting his tired eyes and arms.
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Mercenary_q
Trainee Warrior

Post by Mercenary_q »

Kalhar sat on deck panting. It hurt to breath and his body was bruised from the multiples times he had fallen. He chuckled to himself and ran his hand through his cropped hair [
Not bad Kalhar said to himself. In his lap sat the bottle of Wine he had found. He picked up the bottle and looked at it.
Only half full thought Kalhar. He took a swig from the bottle and sat on Deck enjoying the now Tranquil Sea.
Name Kalhar

Yogurtman
Trainee Warrior

Post by Yogurtman »

Khelmir breathed hard. His lungs hurt, as well as all of his limbs. The constant shoveling of water had seemingly turned his body to jelly. Worse still, he was soaked in seawater. Every time he breathed in that salty odor would attack his senses and he would cough for several moments.

Pulling himself up, he looked out over the sea. Khelmir hated the sea, he always had. This was because it possessed the one quality that he would never be able to tolerate: unpredictability. If something cannot be measured it should be disposed of. If something cannot be controlled it should be destroyed, put down like a mad dog.

How do you dispose of the sea? he mused quietly. Hearing the one called Mak make what he believed to be a jeer at him, he resolved to ignore it. Unfortunately, his mouth was moving faster than his mind.

I'm not old. I'm younger than you.

Chastising himself immediately after, he regained his usual focus. Thinking that the slip hardly mattered, he returned to looking at the sea with a visible amount of disdain and the slightest bit of awe.
Khelmir WS-4, S-3, T-2, D-4, I-5
Equipment- Longsword, Light Spear, Handbow, Shield, Light Armour, (Aesthetic) Cloak, Water-proof bag (containing a pestle and mortar, a journal, and writing supplies)
Gold-285
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

The crew spent from their efforts, they went about the rest of the day with slow and tired efforts. Frost continued to man the wheel, now pulling a sure course along the coast, and when night fell everybody but him was below deck catching some sleep. Frost slept the next day, with Zarloyth on the wheel, and the scenery around them was now changing. Where first there had been the dark spires of Naggaroth, they had then moved to the dark leafless forests and open, rocky plains south of Druchii lands. Then the lifeless plains had given way to grasslands, the weather hotter and hotter, until now they started to see steaming jungles on the horizon. By the seventh day at sea, they had reached Lustria.

Frost peered out from the brow of the ship, scanning the shoreline as they passed jungle trees and rocky outcrops. It all looked the same to the crew, and they could easily get lost here, but Frost seemed to be looking for something. Valgar was first to notice this and approached him, within earshot of everyone else,
"How do you know where we are going now?"
Frost smiled at him, "The Giants Fist"
A blank expression passed everyones face, to which Frost laughed,
"There is a rock, like a huge fist. If we return to short when we reach that rock, we will be near to the ancient settlement we seek. Keep your eyes open, lads."
Nooodle
Corsair

Post by Nooodle »

Now fully recovered from the damage done by the storm Saffron sat easily on the side of the boat swaying along with the tidal waves of the shore. After getting the heads up from Frost he started paying attention to the details of his surroundings instead of just being utterly amazed by them. He had never been outside of the wilds near Naggaroth before and this was all new to him. The hot weather along with exotic plants and animals seemed so odd compared to the cold, harsh environment he was used too.

Keeping an eye out for the big fist shaped rock Saffron rather enjoyed looking at the scenery unfold in front of his eyes.
Mercenary_q
Trainee Warrior

Post by Mercenary_q »

Need more wine thought Kalhar grimly.
He sat on Deck, watching his fellow Mercenaries. After the Storm all he could think about were the cut ropes,
had someone cut them on purpose or just the Storm Kalhar suffered a Paranoia attack and remained reclusive for the Rest of the Journey, treasuring the little wine that remained in the bottle. Now that they were close to their Destination his Mood became better. He watched the Jungles from a distance. Kalhar had left his Armour in his room and his Torso was exposed to the Warm Tropical sun, which was beating down on his exposed skin.
Never liked the Warmth much, May have something to do with raiding Bretonnia all the time.. . Kalhar heard Frost instructions and began to scan for the Rock

Kalhar will look for the Rock but he is to caught up in his thoughts so he is not really paying attention.
Name Kalhar

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Another day passed without incident, Frost making sure there was always someone looking out from the ship onto the shore. It was almost midday on the following day that Feulan suddenly shouted out,
"I think I see it! A fist, punching the sky, like a giant!"
Frost ran up onto the deck and looked out, the rest of you coming over as well. Sure enough, there was a large rock coming out of the trees, shaped strangely like a large fist. A wicked smile played across Frosts' lips,
"Time to land this boat"

Pulling up to the shore not far from the Giants Fist, the group found a small plant-free area where they threw down the Eagle's anchor and leaped onto the shore. Those without sea experience were very glad to be at land once more, though all were aware that this was a strange new, exotic and dangerous land. They fanned out, making sure the area was clear of any immediate danger, then came back to Frost. He had pulled enough supplies on shore that everyone had their own personal items and rations with them in backpacks.
"Now, we climb the fist, and get a look around"

As if in answer to the trespassers, somewhere in the distance was a loud bestial howl, echoing across the Jungle. You hated this place already.
Nooodle
Corsair

Post by Nooodle »

As Saffron heard the bestial howl he tried to identify the beast but couldn't quite make out what it was. I didn't sound like anything he had heard before. Curiosity fought with reason inside his mind but after thinking about it for a few moments Saffron decided it would be better to gaze upon it from up there as he looked towards the fist that was striking at the sky.

Making sure he had his hands free and all his equipment was strapped to his back Saffron walked over to the fist. Without taking a second look at the stone Saffron tried to grab a hold of a small ledge and pull himself up.

Saffron attempts to climb the fist.

OOC: After a week at see are we supposed to reduce our stack of week-rations by 1?

OOC - Yes please, unless you're starving yourself
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Mak waded ashore, feeling his boots slosh through the ever shallowing depth of water. Eventually, it was traded with the thump of wetted sand to the crunch and whisp of dried sand. As he stood before the encroaching jungle, halted only by this barrier of salted earth, he could still feel the rocking of the ocean in his bones. From experience, he knew it would take some time to get used to the stillness of dry earth, but would come more quickly to him who is familiar with the phenomenon.

Seeing the man now attempting to climb the rock previously secure his belongings reminded Mak about his packs of food. It might be a good minute before they were amongst foragable and fishing ground. With that he turned back into the sea amongst the shallows.

Grabbing the net from his pack, he swashed it through the depths, keeping an eye open for any shellfish or schools that might provide temporary nourishment. He also was on the lookout for seakelp or other such plants to use for packaging.

Mak will attempt to fish and harvest some more rations in the shallows. He will sundry his catches on a rock, salt them preservation and wrap them in sea plant for storage while waiting for direction from Lord Frost.
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Soulsmith
Dark Rider

Post by Soulsmith »

Valgar hissed a laugh as he saw the joyous crew, and felt a feeling of slight relief at seeing the shore line, his bitter boredom on such a tiny boat gone also. He leapt onto the sandy beach, the bright water flowing around him. He slung the rucksack back over his back as it started to slip, his spear acting as a walking stick as he forced his feet through the surf. Upon drier ground, he made his way into the drier ground, sand dunes topped with tough grass. He took his sword from the waterproof bag and replacing it onto his belt. He tied his spear to his back, ready to be slipped loose for a fight. He sat down, feeling the wind rustle his thick dreads behind him. His general weapon maintenance kit came out, and he began caring for his blades.

Valgar will be sitting in the sand dunes, caring for his equipment.
Forging souls anew....

EQUIPMENT
SKILLS
None
Mercenary_q
Trainee Warrior

Post by Mercenary_q »

Kalhar slowly made his way through the shallow seawater, his eye fixated on the tree line. He had heard of these Lands before, often Explores met their demise at the hand of ambushes by the Native Creatures. Kalhar was going to make sure that if anything attacked them he would see it before hand. Looks like Paranoia can be useful thought Kalhar and began to chuckle to himself. The Heat was intense compared to what he normally would put up with Kalhar began to sweat immediately. He cursed the Tropical weather and made his way to shore. When Frost Oder came to climb the Fist Kalhar looked at the Nobel as if he were crazy. He was a Corsair not a barbaric mountain dweller. He simply ignored the Order and sat down on the beach and watched the Tree line suspiciously. Nothing is going to sneak up on me he thought again as he watched the Trees
Name Kalhar

Suneater
Dark Rider

Post by Suneater »

Zarloyth jumped from the Darkwater Eagle's deck onto the shore, cursing the damned heat. He spread out like the others, to take a look around. Nothing interesting was to be seen yet, but the corsair felt a growing sense of unease as he navigated along the quiet border of the jungle. After awhile he returned to lord Frost, who seemed very excited, and started the task of properly dividing the weight of his plate armour in his backpack. Sure, it might be heavy, and ultimately unnecessary, to carry all this around, but I like to have an extra cache of gear ready... only after making sure he could easily drop the overful backpack in case of a hostile encounter Zarloyth was satisfied. When the order to climb the fist came, Zarloyth was at first tempted to ignore it like Kalhar, but curiosity got the better of him. He doubted Saffron could see far with those creepy eyes of his anyways...
Name: Zarloyth Class: Warrior
WS:5 S:4 T:3 D:3 I:3
Skills: Powerful Kick
Equipped: Mail Skirt, Greataxe, 2 Long Knives, Sea Dragon Cloak
Inventory: Full Plate, Backpack, Cleaning Supplies, Waterskin, 3 Week's Rations, 132 gold Null Shard